How many gadgets and appliances do you have...

Register accountRead the forum rules
mimi

How many gadgets and appliances do you have...

Unread post by mimi »

....that you only ever use SOME of the options. Buttons everywhere that do a million things, when 3 will do everything you need. Over-complicating simple requirements is nothing more than a nuisance. =))))

evs

Re: How many gadgets and appliances do you have...

Unread post by evs »

Agreed! Any microwave only needs only that 1 (one) button.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I've have mine for 10 years and I've only used 2 buttons. I don't even know what the other 15 do. :D

evs

Unread post by evs »

Ditto:)) what a failed design. Luckily appliance itself is fairly useful so you can look past the mystery buttons.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I brought it up, because at this moment, the panel on my fridge is jingling away...lights flashing, numbers and letters running across it like a breaking news bulletin. Something is amok. :mad:
So, although the fridge remains cold and the freezer remains frozen....a repair bill is in our future for something that has little to do with the function that a fridge is supposed to provide. =))))

Flutterby

Unread post by Flutterby »

dehydrator fail! Made gooey banana chips.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

:D

Yet another thing that will convince some people that this is something they can't live without.

Shaw just upgraded our PVR, that NOW allows us to turn the TV on or off, by pressing only one button. Why did it EVER take two ? :D

asal

Unread post by asal »

Flutterby wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 10:28 dehydrator fail! Made gooey banana chips.
Mine just has an on/off button. If whatever it is isn't ready I just give it more time.

Get in on it.
asal

Unread post by asal »

mimi wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 09:10 I brought it up, because at this moment, the panel on my fridge is jingling away...lights flashing, numbers and letters running across it like a breaking news bulletin. Something is amok. :mad:
So, although the fridge remains cold and the freezer remains frozen....a repair bill is in our future for something that has little to do with the function that a fridge is supposed to provide. =))))
When I was a little kid, my friend's mom was an electrical engineer. She taught us that you buy simple gadgets so that not many things can go wrong.

Get in on it.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Exactly....and that's all you need. =)))))

asal

Unread post by asal »

mimi wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 12:34 Exactly....and that's all you need. =)))))
I feel decadent about having a dehydrator when you cam use the oven on low heat (theoretically). My grandma used to make fruit leather by laying it out in the sun.

Get in on it.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I really get the sense that the designers and manufacturers of these products, throw in as many buttons and knobs as possible, to make us think we are getting more value for our money....when in fact we aren't getting anything more at all...except more potential for malfunction. :D

evs

Unread post by evs »

Dehydrator is one appliance I don’t have.

I use all my appliances a lot tho. Every meal or drink prep consists of 1) washing, and/or 2) scooping, chopping or cutting, and 3) an appliance use.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 12:37 I really get the sense that the designers and manufacturers of these products, throw in as many buttons and knobs as possible, to make us think we are getting more value for our money....when in fact we aren't getting anything more at all...except more potential for malfunction. :D
My top almost-peeve is the Korean hymn playing three times at the end of every dishwasher cycle. What a waste of good technology.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Yes...I get serenaded by my washer and dryer. I can actually hear that the cycle is over, just by the absence of noise. =)))

evs

Unread post by evs »

Yup! But it would make just too much sense to leave it at that:)

~ plaid ~
Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

mimi wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 08:36 I've have mine for 10 years and I've only used 2 buttons. I don't even know what the other 15 do. :D
I use a lot of them.
Timer
1 touch 30 sec button
Baked potato
Popcorn
Defrost

All of them are useful for food prep. I hate tge microwave but it saves me time.

:purdy:
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

This thread generated a column of pop-up advsements including (in the order they are presented from left to right) a flesh coloured ( whitish pink like MY flesh) circle with an erect pink nipple; two (2) bread rolls all toasty brown -one with a male protuberance nestled gently against a rotund arse shaped vrease in its mate; a female torso wearing a tee shirt with a computer key board on it labeled "push my buttons"; a female arse that might belong to a Kardashian sporting acid green yoga pants; eight shapely ladies wearing sporty looking outfits that somehow combine both a dress & short-shorts, pair of female hands holding what appear to be seven (7) globes of shimmering gelatin each one the colour of one of the components of the spectrum

evs

Unread post by evs »

Gadgets..

~ plaid ~