Shall I Post My Rental Agreement On Here?

Register accountRead the forum rules
mimi

Re: Shall I Post My Rental Agreement On Here?

Unread post by mimi »

What the heck is a "move in fee" ?

extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

mimi wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 12:35 What the heck is a "move in fee" ?

I see you never lived in condos.
It is a fee that the Strata Corporation (if you even know what that is) charges and levies on people, either owners or tenants, but residents, that move into a unit in a Strata building, or condominium building.
It's for use of the elevator and other facilities in the building.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I have never lived in a condo....nor will I ever.

No bg deal what I don't know about condos....but what I DO know, is that a tenant is not required to give you their SIN. And regarding credit card numbers....people are advised to report landlords who ask for them.

extralegs2020

I don't ask for credit card numbers in my application forms.
My forms are all pretty standard.
But they had better give me enough info to pass the screening; or else I will get suspicious.
You might never pass the screening.
mimi wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 14:16 I have never lived in a condo....nor will I ever.

No bg deal what I don't know about condos....but what I DO know, is that a tenant is not required to give you their SIN. And regarding credit card numbers....people are advised to report landlords who ask for them.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

So...I'm reading this wrong ?
FINANCIAL INFORMATION:

Current Employer: _______________________________ Employer Phone #: ____________
Employer’s Address: _______________________________ Contact: ____________________
Occupation: ______________________________________ Time employed: ______________
Annual Salary, Income: ____________ Former Employer: ____________________________
Phone: ____________ Occupation: ____________________ From: __________ To: ________
Bank/Credit Union Name: _______________________ Branch & Address: ______________
Company/Financial Institution: __________________________________________________
Account No: _______________________ Credit Card No: _____________________________

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

I can't wait for the conspiracy story....again, I bet it be like:

:purdy:
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 18:44 I don't ask for credit card numbers in my application forms.
My forms are all pretty standard.
But they had better give me enough info to pass the screening; or else I will get suspicious.
You might never pass the screening.
mimi wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 14:16 I have never lived in a condo....nor will I ever.

I might not pass YOUR screening ? :D

I'd have walked away long before you considered screening me.
Your application screams 'shady' to me. Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Berry Sweet wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 19:16 I can't wait for the conspiracy story....again, I bet it be like:

:D

It be JUST like that. :D

extralegs2020

Then if I am asking, it is only because I found it on OTHER application forms, and I copied and pasted it.
No matter. I never use that info. They don't have to disclose anything they don't want. I stay within the Law. (I am trained to do so, by the way. It's my legal training.)
But I can also REFUSE to rent to tenants. THAT is entirely MY prerogative.
Nor do I need to give reasons for my refusal. My reason would be that other applicants are more suited. It's just business.
If there are forty applications on my desk, I get to choose to whom I rent.
Not you.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Berry Sweet wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 19:16 I can't wait for the conspiracy story....again, :

You lost me there.
WHAT conspiracy story?

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 20:33 Then if I am asking, it is only because I found it on OTHER application forms, and I copied and pasted it.
No matter. I never use that info. They don't have to disclose anything they don't want. I stay within the Law. (I am trained to do so, by the way. It's my legal training.)
But I can also REFUSE to rent to tenants. THAT is entirely MY prerogative.
Nor do I need to give reasons for my refusal. My reason would be that other applicants are more suited. It's just business.
If there are forty applications on my desk, I get to choose to whom I rent.
Not you.
What do you mean, you "copy pasted" OTHER application forms.
I thought you were trying to pass that off as your brilliance in landlordship and legal brilliance. :D

Of course they don't need to disclose anything they don't want. I'm just alerting you, to the fact that, while there will always be the vulnerable, less informed tenants....there are also those who would read your application and recognize MAJOR red flags and see it for the makings of a scam and report it....as 'we' are recommended to do.
Just sayin, legal genius. =)))))

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 20:35
Berry Sweet wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 19:16 I can't wait for the conspiracy story....again, :

You lost me there.
WHAT conspiracy story?
Of course..

:purdy:
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 20:33 If there are forty applications on my desk, I get to choose to whom I rent.
With such a mish-mashed, copy-pasted, borderline illegal rental agreement, you're lucky if you get one, or at best, two, applications "on your desk."

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

EL, had you said "renal agreement" (selling your kidney) or even "rectal agreement" (...) we might believe you

SCOUSE

Unread post by SCOUSE »

You’d have to be mad to rent a flat from Extracurries, he’s almost certainly gonna have hidden spy cams set up in the bathroom and bedrooms.

Hugo Boss wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 17:36 The Blurt cries out in pain as he strikes you!
extralegs2020

mimi wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 20:54 What do you mean, you "copy pasted" OTHER application forms.
I thought you were trying to pass that off as your brilliance in landlordship and legal brilliance.

Of course they don't need to disclose anything they don't want. I'm just alerting you, to the fact that, while there will always be the vulnerable, less informed tenants....there are also those who would read your application and recognize MAJOR red flags and see it for the makings of a scam and report it....as 'we' are recommended to do.
Just sayin, legal genius. =))))).

Yes.
I became a legal genius by learning. From others and from other application forms.
If it is on MY form, it is only because it was on other forms previous to mine; and therefore, it is legal and proper.
They can see all the 'red flags' that they want. I am in full control here. They can report me to the authorities.
They can check me out all they want.
LET THEM!!!!!!
Everything I do is legal, honourable, and highly ethical.
No tenant of mine ever leaves unless they have to move out of town. I am too great a landlord, and I give them too good a deal: something that they will not find elsewhere.
Combine that with a low vacancy rate in the city (below 1%), and it is little wonder that ALL my tenants are 'long term'. One is VERY long. She's been there since 2011, more than eight (8) years, and she is paying WAY BELOW market value. She will be there for another twenty, at least.
I am highly successful.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 02 Nov 2019, 00:28
extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 20:33 If there are forty applications on my desk, I get to choose to whom I rent.
With such a mish-mashed, copy-pasted, borderline illegal rental agreement, you're lucky if you get one, or at best, two, applications "on your desk."

False allegations here.
None of that has been proved.
Prove your case against me.
I think that my agreement is really tight and clear and very binding. It will stand up under ANY arbitration.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

For another example, look at THIS paragraph from my rental agreement:
Paragraph 24:

"24. Should any part of this residential tenancy agreement be ruled as unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, arbitrator, board, or judge, then for purposes of interpretation and enforcement, each sub-section and paragraph shall be deemed a separate and severable provision, with the balance of provisions remaining in full force and effect."

Get it?
Do you understand the 'implications' of this clause?

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Of course I do.

Just as obviously, you're the one who doesn't.

extralegs2020

Berry Sweet wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 21:16
extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 20:35

You lost me there.
WHAT conspiracy story?
Of course..

NOW I got it!!!
I understand exactly what you are saying.
You are talking about something that has ABSOLUTELY NO MEANING for anyone else, or for anything outside your own head, your own skull, your brain!
This is purely a 'subjective matter' for you. It bears no relation of any kind to anybody or anything.
You must be stoned. Off on a trip.
It is a private dream or acid trip you have had. Nobody else had the dream or saw those visions--only YOU!
It bores everyone else because it is quite, quite meaningless.
So naturally, nobody knows what the hell you are talking about.
You're stoned. You're off on a trip!

This is what happens to people who try to be too clever: They get shot down in flames.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

If anybody thinks that my agreement is not legal or binding, then let that person point out the flaws.
Go ahead, shoot holes in it.
You would be hard pressed.
There aren't any flaws.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
soon

Unread post by soon »

what if i had proof that you were the sum of your flaws.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
soon

Unread post by soon »

but first let's enjoy a tune and a nice latte.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 08:47 Of course I do.

I can prove my Mastery of everything, every aspect of life, over and over again.
For example: I wanted to set the rent for one of my units, at a fair price and, at the market rate, and still get the highest rent that I could ask for it.
I was told to ask for $1,975.00 per month, and that if I asked that, I might get $1,900.00.
I tried it. No takers.
I lowered it to $1,900.00. Still nothing.
At that point, I realized that the rent was too high, and that I had been incorrectly informed.
So what does the clever Master E. L. do? He devises a plan--a plan to test the market.
From that point on, every two (2) days, I regularly lowered the rent by $25.00 at each shot, in increments, as I advertised on Craigslist. I went down to $1,875.00, $1,850.00, and so on, every 2 days.
The rent kept dropping and dropping. When it reached $1,675.00 or thereabouts, the phone calls started to come in. The interest grew.
Tenants are smart. If they can save $25.00 per month on rent, that's so much more spending money in their pockets.
Any smart potential tenant watching this could see what was happening: My asking price for the rent was coming down.
But if they waited too long, someone else could easily grab the place before them, and they would lose out on it. There was no guarantee.
Finally, I reached $1,625.00, and, BINGO! The place rented. There was a taker. I had found the proper market price! Fair deal for both the tenant and me. She got a good deal, and I got the highest price: The market value.
$1,625.00 is EXACTLY right for that suite in that location: not $25.00 too high, not $25.00 too low; but 'market tested'.
If one of my suites fails to rent, there is invariably only one reason: Pricing. My asking rent is too high.
I have experienced this repeatedly.
If it is too high, it will sit there empty, for months, with no takers. The prospective tenant never returns, and they give no reasons why they turned me down. And even one month's loss of rent is a loss that I can never recoup.
If you can buy something next door for a dollar, why go elsewhere and pay two dollars?
We are all playing that game: Looking for the best value--in everything. We all 'shop around'. Everybody does it--ALL of us.
Every business is competitive, including mine. I have to compete with every other landlord and every other suite in the area.
It works the other way, too. If my rent is too low, there will be forty (40) applicants on my desk within a couple of hours. Then THEY will be the ones all competing with each other to get into my suite. Then they will be bidding with me, and offering to pay more rent in order to secure that suite and their new dwelling place, or next home.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Mad Serb

EL,

We already learned that you are smart, educated, rich and unbeatable in bed. What else we need to know, that you drive convertible?

extralegs2020

Mad Serb wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 12:06 EL,

We already learned that you are smart, educated, rich and unbeatable in bed. What else we need to know, that you drive convertible?

Then why don't you LEARN something from me?
Go, and do thou likewise.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Mad Serb

I already learned what not to be long ago, thanks.

extralegs2020

Mad Serb wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 12:19 I already learned what not to be long ago, thanks.
To be, or not to be: That is the question.
You learned what not to be.
You never learned what to be.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 12:00

I can prove my Mastery of everything, every aspect of life, over and over again.
Not to us you can't.
You can only make statements with absolutely nothing to back them up.
How are you going to prove them ? =)))))

extralegs2020

mimi wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 12:53
extralegs2014 wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 12:00

Not to us you can't.
You can only make statements with absolutely nothing to back them up.
How are you going to prove them ? =)))))

I just explained it all to you all, above.
Or do you think that I made the whole thing up?
Take my word for it.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"