Is the Decline & Fall of the US Empire imminent?

Register accountRead the forum rules
J0E

Is the Decline & Fall of the US Empire imminent?

Unread post by J0E »

This writer thinks so:

....but is he correct in his analysis?

What are the strengths of his assumptions?

Its weaknesses?

If his predictions are correct, should we rejoice? Should we weep? Or both?

What do you think holds for the American Empire?

discuss.

extralegs2020

Re: Is the Decline & Fall of the US Empire imminent?

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

Of course he's correct!
You don't think anything can go on forever, do you?
It will fall because it is built on vertical, linear thinking--like the Sun.
The only thing that never really falls is that which is built on horizontal, cyclic thinking, like the Moon.
Islam is such a thing. It's symbol is the 'lunar crescent'. It comes in cycles. It is therefore constantly 'renewing' itself:
Ebb and flow; wax and wane; flux and reflux.
It comes. It lives. It dies. And then it is re-born. It then returns and dies again. It has a re-birth, but after another manner.
That is the way of Eternity. Cycles. Spirals. Coming back to the same point, but on another and higher arc.
We have grasped the whole process of History.
No matter how many times Islam dies and is defeated, it will always return.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
evs

Unread post by evs »

extralegs2014 wrote: 03 Nov 2019, 07:41 No matter how many times Islam dies and is defeated, it will always return.
Yes. Like Chlamydia of society.

~ plaid ~
soon

Unread post by soon »

extraleggs thinks he can have his cake and eat it too.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
extralegs2020

And then there are those entire civilizations that have, quite simply, disappeared in History.
The Mayans are one. But there are several others.
Vanished. Gone. Simply evaporated.
Now, the people of those civilizations, well, they're still around. But the civilization itself went back into the jungle, whence it emerged.
It can happen to us, too.
Too many violations of Natural Law will lead to our own destruction. Nature will then no longer tolerate us. If Climate Change is not addressed and corrected, the same thing will happen to us.
That was actually the cause of many a downfall: Environmental degradation.
It happened to the Mayas and the ancient Mesopotamians, and several others.
Once you ruin the ecology, you destroy your own home.
Once you destroy your home, you can no longer farm or produce a food surplus.
When that happens, starvation is close.
Think it can't happen here?
Don't be too sure. We could become a casualty of History, like those others.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
soon

Unread post by soon »

your symbolism is way off extraleggs. you believe you're the star of the show when in reality you are a tiny echo wandering around in the dark.

extralegs2020

If the whole world civilization has gone off-track, and on the wrong path, there's not much hope left.
It would appear that the only option left is downfall.
Many highly intelligent people say that this is EXACTLY what has happened.
Chomsky is one such. He says we are all in very deep trouble, and that this can't continue. If climate change is not addressed, and if present trends continue, the outcome will be disastrous.
Maybe even massive ecological collapse.
Look no further than the wild-fires plaguing California very recently.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Your grand-children are screwed!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Upon reading the essay in that link, I'd say, Yes, the decline is imminent.
When trouble such as economic woes hit America, they are going to hit HARD!
It's coming.
Soon.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Read the article in the link on the OP.
And if you happen to be dying of a terminal illness, it is of no use going to a doctor. He can't fix it for you.
Politicians are playing that role: The 'doctors' and the 'fixers'.
It won't work.
You're going to die anyways.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
soon

Unread post by soon »

there's nothing in it for you extraleggs.

soon

Unread post by soon »

let us enjoy a latte and another tune while we wait.

soon

Unread post by soon »

Everyone in this video clearly knows exactly what decade they're in.

- random youtube comment

Vivek_Golikeri

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

America is not going anywhere. Sure, we have problems. But this nation has survived two world wars and a Cold War, a Cuban missile crisis, a Great Depression and Viet Nam. We survived the September 11th 2001 attack on the Twin Towers, and emerged stronger and more tolerant than before. Those who hate or envy us love to fantasize our downfall. Be my guest and fantasize all you want. It is just mental masturbation.

extralegs2020

You fail to see the facts staring at you.
But to explain is futile.
One can't argue with religious beliefs.
Also, no one said America is going anywhere. What we are saying is that it's going to fall.
Just like the U.K. didn't go anywhere; but the sun finally set on the british Empire.
The info is there in the link. The US dollar is artificially propped up due to their superpower status. When it is no longer the world's reserve currency and when the oil bourse is gone, the trouble is going to hit hard.
Prices of things in the USA should be 2 to 5 times higher.
You are also the type of person that believes Israel will go on forever.
It won't.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I hear your points, Vivek....but I would have to argue that America is "more tolerant than before". That's sure not how I see it. =(

extralegs2020

I quite agree.
Inaccuracies by Vivek.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

US has been falling apart since I was a little kid............

As for tolerance, on a long run I believe US is more tolerant than before

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Mad Serb wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 23:38
As for tolerance, on a long run I believe US is more tolerant thvan before
...and yet they sure hate Muslims & kill a lotta Arabs.

I stopped following & believing in the US when batshit crazy George W Bush invaded Iraq & trashed the world economy. He really destroyed everything America once stood for.

Oh well. Every great nation seems to have its time & ultimate fascist who ends up dragging it down inta the gutter. Germany had Hitler. Italy had Mussolini. Japan had Tojo. And America had George W Bush.

Mad Serb

I hate to talk about casualties of war, but US did not dare do today what they routinely did in 'Nam.

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

You are talking about the United States, not America, and yeah with Trump steering the ship, it’s heading into the abyss

Semen
Mad Serb

Seamajor wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 05:47 You are talking about the United States, not America, and yeah with Trump steering the ship, it’s heading into the abyss
Sorry, my bad, the US is in the topic title so I got a bit confused. I did not know you meant US, Canada, Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela , Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago.

Just to avoid any confusion in future, do we also include Denmark and France?

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

This is the reality of the Americas. Believe it or don’t.

Semen
extralegs2020

In terms of power, you can reverse those images in size and it still would not accurately reflect the USA's power. Not one single country can withstand that power. Saddam tried it last, and it ended badly for Iraq.
That power may be waning but it isn't over yet.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 15:26 America is not going anywhere.

This bloke is an idiot. A clown. An ass.
A piece of land doesn't suddenly grow a pair of legs and cross the ocean. Rarely, if ever, does that happen. Land doesn't just pick up and move. Land doesn't generally re-locate to elsewhere.
HOWEVER: the political-social-economic-religious systems do exactly that.
Nobody ever said America is going somewhere, except someone on the same mental level as the previous idiot.
Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 15:26 a Cold War, a Cuban missile crisis, a Great Depression and Viet Nam. We survived the September 11th 2001 attack on the Twin Towers, and emerged stronger and more tolerant than before. Those who hate or envy us love to fantasize our downfall. Be my guest and fantasize all you want. It is just mental masturbation.
Sure.
The US was soundly beaten in Vietnam and they were forced to withdraw. The Vietnamese booted them out, basically. They killed so many GI's that the body bags returning home piled up. It got to be too much for those sissies, the Yanks. Furthermore, to make things worse, the whole world saw them retreat, and their enemies saw the crack in the armour. The superpower has "vulnerabilities" that can, and will, be exploited. They are not immune.
9/11 was devastating. Sure the US survived; but it is much the worse for wear. Things will never be the same again.
More tolerant, huh? Tell that to America's victims.

Keep living in your dream world until your illusions are shattered; and they will be.
You're in for a rude awakening.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"