"$300,000 per Kid...."

Register accountRead the forum rules
J0E

"$300,000 per Kid...."

Unread post by J0E »

I was listening to some middle aged guys talk the other day & that's a figure they arrived at in today's dollars what it costs to raise, feed, school & clothe each Kid they bring or have brought inta this world. Thats approx $15,000 per year over 20 years.

Now these were no ordinary Joes. They were chartered accountants. So obviously they've costed it all out.

Given what they said, I'm somewhat relieved I never had any children. Geez no wonder all my married friends with kids look so burned out by the time they reach retirement. Raisin' kids not only sucks the life outta them but their wallet too.

$300 thou could buy a lotta toys and a lotta stuff. Man...ta think how many vintage comic books I could own or collector coins I could buy with that money.

mimi

Re: "$300,000 per Kid...."

Unread post by mimi »

Joe....we're ALL somewhat relieved you never had children.

People spend more than that on vehicles over their lifetime...and eventually end up not being able to drive....leaving them with...NOTHING. :D

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

mimi wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 22:11 Joe....we're ALL somewhat relieved you never had children.

People spend more than that on vehicles over their lifetime...and eventually end up not being able to drive....leaving them with...NOTHING. :D
I might try it out as a retirement project, mimi.

However I wouldn't do it in Canada because the cost of living is horrendous here. Someone like evs/irina is probably at least $500,000 in the hole with her mortgage. And maybe she's in a condo or townhouse?

Maybe it was worth it in our parents' time when detached houses in the city of Vancouvet cost $10,000 & could be paid off in 10 or 15 years but not anymore. I feel that corporations, governments & the ruling elites in Canada have intentionally forced most families in a debt trap they can't escape but making homes so expensive that they can never walk away from that obligation.

They don't wanna make it easy for families anymore like they did 40 or 50 years.

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Me and me lady haz two childrenz that will leave nest in several years, or sooner. Had we not haz them, we would have saved less, as we would likely have lead a high life. Had I remained single, I would have likely died poor as I would blew all me monies on all sorts of things, included but not limited to convertible cars, sexpensive trips to sexotic destinations, some useless junk, what not....
I never had an impression that they are expensive. Priceless is far better word

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

Yes... Had I used a bicycle for all these years instead of a combustion engine car, I would be a millionaire..

9 incher/160 IQ

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

I would have had much less money if I had no daughters to pimp out. Lucy has brought in at least $300, 000 and she is still not tall enough to go on most rides at knott's berry farm.

Fuc# 0ff.
extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

You can't put a value on a human life. If you say you can't afford to have children, the question arises: What is a human life worth? $300,000.00? Or more, or less? Priceless, perhaps?
What is the value you can put on bringing another human being, a human soul, into the world?
Those who want children can always afford it. If they have only one loaf of bread, they will share it with the kids. In fact, they may even do with less and let the children have the bigger piece, making a sacrifice for the young.
There is no such thing as not being able to afford to have children. It would be more accurate to state that you can't afford NOT to have them. Otherwise you will be a failure in evolutionary terms.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Mad Serb wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 00:14 Me and me lady haz two childrenz that will leave nest in several years, or sooner. Had we not haz them, we would have saved less, as we would likely have lead a high life. Had I remained single, I would have likely died poor as I would blew all me monies on all sorts of things, included but not limited to convertible cars, sexpensive trips to sexotic destinations, some useless junk, what not....
I never had an impression that they are expensive. Priceless is far better word
:good2:

extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

extralegs2014 wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 08:51 You can't put a value on a human life. If you say you can't afford to have children, the question arises: What is a human life worth? $300,000.00? Or more, or less? Priceless, perhaps?
What is the value you can put on bringing another human being, a human soul, into the world?
Those who want children can always afford it. If they have only one loaf of bread, they will share it with the kids. In fact, they may even do with less and let the children have the bigger piece, making a sacrifice for the young.
There is no such thing as not being able to afford to have children. It would be more accurate to state that you can't afford NOT to have them. Otherwise you will be a failure in evolutionary terms.

So says the bloke who has NO children!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

People who count the expenses are the same people who use the college money the grandparents have collected to their grandchild.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Good point. Ppl whose sole focus is bottom line are some extreme calculated mofos.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

extralegs2014 wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 11:54
extralegs2014 wrote: 19 Nov 2019, 08:51 You can't put a value on a human life. If you say you can't afford to have children, the question arises: What is a human life worth? $300,000.00? Or more, or less? Priceless, perhaps?

So says the bloke who has NO children!
Wow. Really well said.

~ plaid ~