Shall I Post My Philosophy Work On Here?

Register accountRead the forum rules
Blurt

Re: Shall I Post My Philosophy Work On Here?

Unread post by Blurt »

Soon is not a Nominalist.

extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

I realize that my paper is still incomplete. I have this to add to it:

The claims of the empiricists in reference to synthetic a priori knowledge is that such propositions can be one of three things:
(a.) They are simply empirical propositions that have been mistaken for something else. That is, God and angels are made of physical substances that we can see.
OR:
(b.) They are analytical a priori propositions, also mistaken for another thing. That is, they are tautologies.
OR:
(c.) They are quite simply nonsense, and entirely meaningless—in which case we are talking about non-existent things, like unicorns and such.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

EL

Everyone can google. It's 2019

extralegs2020

You won't find this info on Google.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Then it's rubbish

extralegs2020

You are talking rubbish.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 10:10 I realize that my paper is still incomplete. I have this to add to it:

The claims of the empiricists in reference to synthetic a priori knowledge is that such propositions can be one of three things:
(a.) They are simply empirical propositions that have been mistaken for something else. That is, God and angels are made of physical substances that we can see.
OR:
(b.) They are analytical a priori propositions, also mistaken for another thing. That is, they are tautologies.
OR:
(c.) They are quite simply nonsense, and entirely meaningless—in which case we are talking about non-existent things, like unicorns and such.
Utter bacon bits!

Can you provide even a single example of any empiricist making such a claim?

I find myself more distressed by your mauling of philosophy than by your mangling of religion.

extralegs2020

Claim (C.) is not nonsense. That's exactly what empiricists claim.
Claim (A.) is also, as far as I know, not nonsense. Empiricists claim that, too. For example, many people "claim" to have seen God, seen angels, heard voices, smelled daemons, &c., &c., &c. Well, if you can see and hear them then they must be tangible.
Claim (B.) is also true. People get these 'categories' muddled up.

PLEASE PLEASE, Blurta, don't try too hard to be clever. You are trying to catch me out but it is not working, because I know my stuff.
Blurt wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 22:07
extralegs2014 wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 10:10 I realize that my paper is still incomplete. I have this to add to it:

OR:
OR:
Utter bacon bits!

I find myself more distressed by your mauling of philosophy than by your mangling of religion.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I think one thing that is obvious that you excel at, leggs...and that's that you have super-human talent when it comes to balance.
Anyone who can strut around with their chest stuck out so far in front of them, and not fall over, is truly talented. Other than that...there's not much else that I've seen.

Why don't you take it down a few notches, and just communicate on a 'normal' level. "Super Leggs" just isn't working. :(

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 22:14 Claim (C.) is not nonsense. That's exactly what empiricists claim.
Claim (A.) is also, as far as I know, not nonsense. Empiricists claim that, too. For example, many people "claim" to have seen God, seen angels, heard voices, smelled daemons, &c., &c., &c. Well, if you can see and hear them then they must be tangible.
Claim (B.) is also true. People get these 'categories' muddled up.

PLEASE PLEASE, Blurta, don't try too hard to be clever. You are trying to catch me out but it is not working, because I know my stuff.
Blurt wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 22:07

OR:
OR:
Utter bacon bits!

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Demons and gods and unicorns are the concerns of Rationalists, not Empiricists. Empiricists truck in empirical evidence, Rationalists with the contents of their own mind.

When Rationalist claims stumble into the real world, they often falter and fall. Just ask Descartes, the father of both modern Rationalism and Ontological Dualism, just how, exactly, the mind (a spiritual, non-physical "substance") interacts with, and impels, the body (a physical substance). He couldn't figure it out. And neither can you. Why? Because any answer would be senseless and contrived. Not to mention illogical. Descartes went so far as to postulate a pivotal role for the pituitary gland in this process, but couldn't, for the life of him, explain the nature of the connection.

You are a Rationalist through and through, my friend. As are most people who cling to the vestiges of supernatural fairy tales as a source of motive power and will.

extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 08:45 Can you provide even a single example of any empiricist making such a claim?

This is stupidity. Another logical fallacy by someone who has no clue what they are talking about.
In brief, another 'pseudo-intellectual'--who is trying to be too clever.
Once we have defined empiricist and other terms, we don't need to go around searching for single or multiple 'examples' of people making such claims.
The terms are now defined. We may proceed from there. I am NOT going to do a world-wide search for empirical claims. I don't need to.
But then, some of want to appear much smarter than we actually are. They try to 'trip me up'. But instead, they trip only themselves.
Sorry Lady. It isn't working; and nor WILL it work in the future.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

White flag duly noted.

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 10:10 The claims of the empiricists in reference to synthetic a priori knowledge is that such propositions can be one of three things...
extralegs2014 wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 09:45
Blurt wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 08:45 Can you provide even a single example of any empiricist making such a claim?

...we don't need to go around searching for single or multiple 'examples' of people making such claims.
Spoken like a true Rationalist. No evidence required.

extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 10 Dec 2019, 10:38 White flag duly noted.

Let's get a clear perspective:
The white flag of surrender is yours.
The other flag of victory is mine.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

On what evidence?

extralegs2020

The evidence is clear:
Philosophy deals very largely, if not exclusively, with arguments. You have to make your case. You have to prove your case. Whoever has the best arguments, wins. Your arguments have to stand up to scrutiny.
Yours don't.
Mine do.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Prove that your arguments stand up to scrutiny.

Provide just one single example of an Empiricist making Rationalist claims.

I'll wait.

Trump is a rapist

Unread post by Trump is a rapist »

extralegs2014 wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 20:11 The question in this thread title is redundant because I already got a go-ahead--from Blurt.
And now for something highly creative.
In five (5) parts. Here goes:
Part One:

“EPISTEMOLOGY:”

“Epistemology may be defined as the theory of knowledge, or how something can be demonstrated to be true.
The branch of Philosophy called Epistemology teaches us that every statement, or claim, or proposition, can be fitted into one of three categories. It HAS to be in one of three. Of the first two of these categories, there is no debate or argument, and all Philosophers are agreed upon them. However, it is the third category of statements about which there is a raging debate, and which has proved itself to be problematical.
There are two camps that divide the Epistemologists. They are the empiricists and the rationalists.
The three categories of statements, claims or propositions are:
(1.) Empirical statements. Such statements can be verified or falsified by a reference to observation by human senses, and these are the propositions of Science.
(2.) Analytical A Priori claims. Such claims need no verification, and these are the propositions of Mathematics.
And
(3.) Synthetic A Priori propositions. Such propositions cannot be verified or falsified through reference to the senses. These are the statements of Religion and Spirituality. They deal with the intangibles.
These terms: empiricist, rationalist, and a priori will be fully explained, and the reasons for this terminology will soon be made clear.
Post it at blurtsome.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 10:37 Prove that your arguments stand up to scrutiny.

I'll wait.

I can't argue with stupidity.
(That is, the argument is stupid, not the person making it. This is not an ad hominem attack.)

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Again, surrender duly noted.

evs

Unread post by evs »

extralegs2014 wrote: 14 Dec 2019, 17:25

I'll wait.

(That is, the argument is stupid, not the person making it. This is not an ad hominem attack.)
I like how precise you are in your expression.

~ plaid ~
soon

Unread post by soon »

if only he were a little more precise in matters of importance to his mental health.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
evs

Unread post by evs »

He is picking his battles.

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

Yes, but you are all brain-dead!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
evs

Unread post by evs »

Aw. We are all something legy.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

MY BRAIN IS NOT DEAD.....It's only resting. :D

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

I'll wait.

Then be a true Philosopher and help me out, here, for I'm a lover of wisdom as much as, if not more so than, you are; explain to me why you think my argument is stupid.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I wonder what makes people think 'philosophers' are the be-all end-all. What are their credentials ? :D
Crazy people philosophize all the time. Even Socrates was considered to be crazy. Nietzsche as well.
So...they say a few things that resonate with people...and all of a sudden...we are supposed to take their word as pearls of wisdom?

Like everyone else....sometimes they see the light...and sometimes they don't.
Take what you need and leave the rest.

extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 20:43

I'll wait.

Then be a true Philosopher and help me out, here, for I'm a lover of wisdom as much as, if not more so than, you are; explain to me why you think my argument is stupid.

Empiricists can't make rationalist claims. If you understood anything I said, you would know that.
So why are you asking stupid questions??!!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"