The New Polarization

Register accountRead the forum rules
extralegs2020

Re: The New Polarization

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

I'll give you a polarization:
After the human race lived--and died--through the Plague, leprosy, Spanish Flu, &c., &c., &c., I'm sure we all thought that it was over. That we would not have to go through these things ever again.
Welcome to the New Plague for our modern times.
So much for our much vaunted science.
That means only one thing:
Once we have conquered and beaten this, another one could come along and hit us in the face.
Humbling.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Humbling? Sure, absolutely. But hardly polarizing. I doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees with your bland observation.

Stay with the tour, Mister El.

Focus.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Soooooooo

This is what I meant. Never more polarizing.
Piers Morgan and Peter Hitchens have clashed in a fiery exchange of words during a live debate, after the journalist argued that the UK government's lockdown restrictions in response to the coronavirus pandemic was excessive.

During a live TV debate on Covid-19 with two other guests, Hitchens claimed that the government and police response to the pandemic had been "disproportionate" and "driven by hysteria." The UK is currently on lockdown with all but essential travel banned.
And then it spills over to Twitter no-you’s...

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 02:44 Humbling? Sure, absolutely. But hardly polarizing. I doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees with your bland observation.

Stay with the tour, Mister El.

Focus.

No: It is polarizing because science is held up as a deity. It's the answer to everything. I know someone who thinks that way. Maybe you do, too.
Science is not a deity; it's a sacred cow.
Let me point out the dangers of worshipping false gods and having a false religion. Idol worship goes nowhere. It is sure to let you down at some point, sooner or later.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
evs

Unread post by evs »

Science doesn’t define values, therefore it’s not good or bad, it just is.

Islam for example has terrible values, it advocates inbred pedophile lifestyle for men and childhood sex and early disposal for women. And don’t even get me started on body parts cutting. That is the reason to stay away from it.

Christianity advocates love and respect. That is what makes it so great.

Science and religion do not negate each other, they supplement each other.

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

Christianity sucks; God, how it sucks!
No, thanks. I would not trade my Islam for anything. You can have your faith--every denomination and variety thereof.
Irina wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 08:39 Christianity advocates love and respect. That is what makes it so great.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 08:02 No: It is polarizing because science is held up as a deity. It's the answer to everything. I know someone who thinks that way. Maybe you do, too.
Science is not a deity; it's a sacred cow.
Let me point out the dangers of worshipping false gods and having a false religion. Idol worship goes nowhere. It is sure to let you down at some point, sooner or later.
The post above was made by someone who doesn't know what science is nor what it's for.

Science is not a set of fixed beliefs. It's a process, a way of going about discovering what makes the universe (and here I mean the actual universe) tick. As Evvies quite rightly points out, science doesn't define values. People define values. And, sure, some of those people are scientists so it stands to reason that their values would inform their interests. But this is where peer review and reproducibilty of results kick in; others need to be able to scrutinize--in fact, that scrutiny must be welcome--in order to see how off- or on-track your ideas are when it comes to the way the physical world is built and how it operates.

The only folks who fear false idols are those who have idols of their own to defend (often at the cost of their own life).

When I talk about the new polarization, I'm referring to those who, armed with patience and an open mind, invite Nature to disclose its workings versus those who try to impose their wacky (and often dangerous) worldviews on both Nature and other human beings.

Ancient hippies don't rise from the dead and schizophrenic peasants don't fly up to Heaven on wingèd horses. If they did, it certainly wouldn't matter how many people die from this (or any) new disease.

Capiche?

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

Blurt wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 09:52 Great idea, that.

I propose the order be called "Golden Nads."
Gonads for short.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

:D :tongue:

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Christianity advocates love and respect. That is what makes it so great.

[/quote]

Huh?

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Don't worry about it, Seams.

Unlike the rest of us, Christians will be the first to admit they fall far short of the glory of God.