What's with spelling

Register accountRead the forum rules
evs

Re: What's with spelling

Unread post by evs »

Oh vey. Not another sex with a virgin metaphor.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Never ceases to amaze me how he sees himself as classy and charismatic.
Just another common pig. :(

extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

Do you girls think I am a sex addict?
I know my friend Sarah thinks I am.
She says I should go to meetings and seek counselling.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2019 wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 20:54 Do you girls think I am a sex addict?
I know my friend Sarah thinks I am.
She says I should go to meetings and seek counselling.
Not at all. I just think you have issues with your ego. And you're a bit of an idiot. Otherwise...all's good. :D

extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 14:56
deadskinmask wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 14:49 no comma needed for words preceding 'and'.... :(
In America, sure. But the Oxford comma is an absolute must for someone like Mister El, whose high calibre education was not delivered on this soil.

I attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Was an honours student, too.
Not surprising that my 'spelling' is so great!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
soon

Unread post by soon »

you'd have to double major for sure if you wanted to learn something real.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
cc

Unread post by cc »

Chrome

Click Upper right corner > Select Settings.
Scroll all the way down and click on Advanced Settings at very bottom.
Under Privacy, find out “Use a web service to help resolve spelling errors”.
Turn on the feature by tapping on the slider. The slider will turn blue when the spelling checker is turned on.

There are 2 choices in fact - Basic or Enhanced

If that does not do it, I'd suggest uninstall in "Programs & Features"
and then re-install chrome
- That's how I fix programs that are messed up - or even often do it after a period of time even when seems OK just to keep running clean

after which it should be running - if not, do above in Settings

I'm finding it appears as soon as open "Advanced Settings" - not in privacy

Maybe save this link before uninstall > https://www.google.com/chrome/

Download and save installation file in that link BEFORE uninstall as you will temporarily not have chrome to use

Edit - I just uninstalled and reinstalled from pre-saved file - took about a minute or so

IF you have to reinstall, Use that link above as there are some inoperable links from search

Spellcheck usually is set to on upon install

extralegs2020

Irina wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 20:14 Oh vey. Not another sex with a virgin metaphor.

I marvel at thy coynte.
I loveth a great fat juicy yoni. Does thou have it?

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

I once wrote a term paper on the yoni. Well, the yonilingam, to be more precise. Got an A.

I even bought one in India. Some years ago, I shared a photo of it on this forum somewhere. Sadly, I lost it in the move to BC.

7.83 Hz

Unread post by 7.83 Hz »

Really? We used to pelt each other with yonnies for shits and giggles back in school. :biggrin:

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Well, not with this one you wouldn't. It was made of solid bronze and weighed about 35 lbs.

This being said, I can think of worse activities than pelting each other with yonis.

It certainly beats whacking each other on the head with bags full of lingams.

extralegs2020

extralegs2020 wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 10:51
Blurt wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 14:56

In America, sure. But the Oxford comma is an absolute must for someone like Mister El, whose high calibre education was not delivered on this soil.

I attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Was an honours student, too.
Not surprising that my 'spelling' is so great!
Blurt wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 10:58 Well, not with this one you wouldn't. It was made of solid bronze and weighed about 35 lbs.

This being said, I can think of worse activities than pelting each other with yonis.

It certainly beats whacking each other on the head with bags full of lingams.

Blurta, I just wanted to 'catch your attention' with this post, so I quoted you.
I also hope that Loch is listening.
I quoted myself, too.
Oxford is the home of the eccentric genius. Lewis Carroll, C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien and so many other genii have made their homes there.
So: I have a question for you, which is:
Not to put too fine a point on it, but even the Harry Potter series may be a Gothic, for it could be suggested that "Who is the "True Master of Hogwarts?" is the question at the centre of every adventure in those books.
So it's clear what I am asking: Who is the "True Master" of the Dragon School?
Could I be the one? Do you think I am he?

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
7.83 Hz

Unread post by 7.83 Hz »

Blurt wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 10:58 Well, not with this one you wouldn't. It was made of solid bronze and weighed about 35 lbs.
That's not a yonnie.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yonnie

Now that's a yonnie! :biggrin:

/crocodiledundee

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Nice! I learned something new! :eyebrow:

"Sticks and yonnies may break my... my..."

Damn. Can't think of a rhyme.

extralegs2020

I just finished reading The Castle of Otranto, by Horace Walpole.
It has some great spelling in it.
A truly eldritch tome.
A quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore.
Yes, but never-fucking-more!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

Blurt wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 07:47 Nice! I learned something new! :eyebrow:

"Sticks and yonnies may break my... my..."

Damn. Can't think of a rhyme.
Sunnies

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2020 wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 18:43 I just finished reading The Castle of Otranto, by Horace Walpole.
Welcome to the high school hit parade.

Let us know when you move on to The Lair of the White Worm.

Essays due on December 5th.

extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 10:09
extralegs2020 wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 18:43 I just finished reading The Castle of Otranto, by Horace Walpole.
Welcome to the high school hit parade.

Let us know when you move on to The Lair of the White Worm.

Essays due on December 5th.
Speaking of Stoker, I just bought his Dracula and also Shelley's Frankenstein: Baron Doctor Victor Von Frohnkhenshteen. Did I pronounce it right?
Not that I need to actually read those. I already read them a long time ago, in my teens. They are simply new additions to my library.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Latest additions to my library:

- The Best of Richard Matheson
- Perchance to Dream: Selected Stories of Charles Beaumont
- The Best Short Stories of O. Henry
- Ray Bradbury: The Collected Stories

I sense more than one pattern at play here. :biggrin:

Items 2 and 4 are "re-purchases," as those two books didn't make the trip out here with me when I came to Victoria.

I guess I'm in the mood for weird short stories from a bunch of Los Angeles writers known in the 50's and 60's as "The Group": Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Harlan Ellison, Charles Beaumont, Robert Bloch, George Clayton Johnson, Ray Russell, and others.

They were the American counterparts to British fantasist John Collier (another writer I thoroughly enjoy). The writers in The Group--all fast friends--were sort of the Bad Boys of Hollyweird. Matheson and Beaumont, especially, were wildly inventive. Beaumont went on to write the screenplay for (among other things) nearly two dozen episodes of Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone, three of which were based on his own short stories, such as The Howling Man. Matheson penned one of the show's most in/famous episodes, Nightmare at 20,000 Ft starring William Shatner of Captain Kirk fame at a very early point in his career.

I love short stories. I love weirdness, too.

Sue me.

extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 04:10 Latest additions to my library:

- The Best of Richard Matheson
- Perchance to Dream: Selected Stories of Charles Beaumont
- The Best Short Stories of O. Henry
- Ray Bradbury: The Collected Stories

I sense more than one pattern at play here. :biggrin:

Items 2 and 4 are "re-purchases," as those two books didn't make the trip out here with me when I came to Victoria.

I guess I'm in the mood for weird short stories from a bunch of Los Angeles writers known in the 50's and 60's as "The Group": Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Harlan Ellison, Charles Beaumont, Robert Bloch, George Clayton Johnson, Ray Russell, and others.

They were the American counterparts to British fantasist John Collier (another writer I thoroughly enjoy). The writers in The Group--all fast friends--were sort of the Bad Boys of Hollyweird. Matheson and Beaumont, especially, were wildly inventive. Beaumont went on to write the screenplay for (among other things) nearly two dozen episodes of Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone, three of which were based on his own short stories, such as The Howling Man. Matheson penned one of the show's most in/famous episodes, Nightmare at 20,000 Ft starring William Shatner of Captain Kirk fame at a very early point in his career.

I love short stories. I love weirdness, too.

Sue me.

A great post.
I know them all, and I like them all.
Many of them, like Beaumont, made their start in Playboy Magazine.
I remember the gremlin on the wing in the Twilight Zone Nightmare.
Matheson of Shrinking Man fame.
Russell of Sardonicus.
Bloch I am currently reading.
I love these Weird Tales, too. Call me eccentric and bizarre.
I have some real gems and oldies in my collection.
There was a truly great series of classic collections of stories selected by Herbert Van Thal called The Pan Book of Horror Stories. I have every one until the Fifth Pan Book. (After that, they went lame.)
I have Great Tales of Terror And The Supernatural.
All these volumes were first published in England. When I was at Dragon's, these volumes were just coming out. We had one particular Master who used to read out these tales to us in the dormitories just before lights out--including Lovecraft, who was an unknown name in those days.
Ever since then, the obsession struck me. The seed was planted in me. It has never left me.
Give me a haunted castle, any day.
It's the influence of SATURN, you know. Or is it Satan?

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Today, I actually went shopping downtown and I stopped by Indigo for an itty bitty browse. I wound up picking up Songs of a Dead Dreamer & Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti (in the same collection as items 1 and 2 in the list I mentioned yesterday).

I've never read any Ligotti shorts but Jeff Vandermeer (whom I admire both as a science fiction editor and author), in his illuminating foreword, puts Ligotti in the company of such luminaries as Lovecraft, Kafka, Beaumont, Russell, Koja, and Brite. I'm in.

cc

Unread post by cc »

So mimi - did you get your speller running ... or not?