Did you see the explosion in Lebanon?

Register accountRead the forum rules
7.83 Hz

Re: Did you see the explosion in Lebanon?

Unread post by 7.83 Hz »

cc wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 13:33
7.83 Hz wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 12:14 On the whole it seems unlikely that they did. There was already a fire going on 50 yards up the street, you can see fireworks going off in some of the footage before the second explosion blew the crap out of six city blocks.

From what I've been able to gather, the government there is corrupt as hell (yeah, like they're the only ones) and more interested in lining their pockets than looking after their citizens. The citizens know it too, at least there were a few locals that alluded to it on the footage I caught. It seems more than likely that the first fire played a part in igniting the second fireball - either way it is negligent as fuck to store that amount of fertilizer in a built up area, even more so in proximity to other ignition sources.

They'll find some flunkey to take the rap, you wait.
Storage of 2,750 metric tons of Ammonium Nitrate at their vital port and pretty much downtown "without preventive measures," for over 6 years in a dicey part of the world was a stroke of brilliance unparalleled in M.E. history
A confiscated shipment as I understand it, so it's not as if the government weren't aware that it was there. Watching their officials huff and puff about how they were going to "get to the bottom of it" and "those responsible will face full justice" had me rolling my eyes before the shit had dribbled from their lips. Nobody can reasonably expect anyone to believe that they weren't fully aware of the dangers that shit posed, and if they were as good as their word then they would be fronting the nearest bluestone college and demanding their very own set of striped pajamas forthwith.

Fashionista

Unread post by Fashionista »

Dinky Dazza wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 12:29 Huge!

:(
I saw it on the news....terrible.

Skipper

Unread post by Skipper »

extralegs2020 wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 20:53 I want a little blonde Lebanese.
Also a little red one.
I don't think they like misogynistic pakistanis

extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

In case anyone doesn't know, Blonde Lebanese and Red Lebanese are brands of hashish.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

SCOUSE wrote: 05 Aug 2020, 11:06
Superchucker wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 13:58 They've ascertained the root cause of the explosion...

Blurt farted. :blink:
Nah couldn't have been, half of the Middle East would have been covered in jizz if that had happened.
:D :D :D

Okay, I'll admit it: that was funny. :thumbup: