Anybody watching 45 Minutes tonight?

Register accountRead the forum rules
Seamajor

Re: Anybody watching 45 Minutes tonight?

Unread post by Seamajor »

You’re probably right. What’s another lie, or coverup?

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

deadskinmask wrote: 27 Oct 2020, 07:47
mimi wrote: 26 Oct 2020, 18:02 What's to cover up ? He didn't look any worse the day before he was supposedly sick, and didn't look any worse for the wear for the debilitating 2 days he had it.
i'd just be happy if yall motherfuckers could just pick a fuckin side.... a 99% survival rate and ppl are constantly reported as having had it and recovered without even knowing they had it.... yall are constantly spouting off useless 'numbers of cases' based on tests that aren't even remotely accurate.... millions and millions of ppl who are striken by this 'horrible illness' that only 1% of them don't 'shake off'.... but because some orange whackadoo that you have a problem with says 'i have covid' and doesn't 'crawl outta the hospital', suddenly him and the doctors are just 'big fat liars'.... holy fuck.... its gotta be exhausting for you to flip around back and forth all day.... take a minute and relax.... :D
Skinz, we get it. Trust me.

It's not that your message isn't getting through. It is. It's just that many, myself included, don't have a slot to put it in.

For myself, I treat the pandemic using a variant of Pascal's Wager. As you know, Pascal believed that, in the face of uncertainty about God's existence, we have much more to lose if we behave as though God doesn't exist and it turns out that He does than we have to lose if we behave as though God does exist and it turns out He doesn't.

Not being a virologist or an epidemiologist or a public health expert, I can't say with 100% certainty that all the information I'm being fed about the pandemic, from all quarters, is absolutely true. But I'll tend to heed those who've made it their life's work to study these things before I heed those who have a predominantly political agenda to disseminate in the face of a health crisis. And make no mistake, this is a health crisis, not a political or social or religious one. The novel coronavirus strikes conservative Christians and progressive secularists alike.

So. Pascal's Wager.

I'll behave as though the virus is dangerous (as medical experts and public health officials claim) if all this requires of me is that I adhere to public health guidelines and mandates (actions which, by the way, would INEVITABLY lead to a LESSENING of the need for lockdowns), even if I later discover that the threat wasn't as serious as was previously claimed by those same experts. This is much more preferable, and I (and those around me) have much more to lose, if I behave from the get go as though this crisis is of no import at all.

I wish people would see just how sane this position truly is, regardless of whether they understand the science behind COVID-19 or not.

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

well.... some ppl say 'oh my, theres bears outside. HIDE'.... some ppl say 'hey.... lets go outside and kill some bears'.... both are reasonable.... but whos really gonna 'solve the bear problem'.... exactly.... now you can hide if you want.... i'll hollar at ya when i'm through killing bears.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

I don't believe there's any bear out there.

They all succumbed to the ursine flu.

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Bears couldn't bear Bear Flu