Vancouver City Council unanimously supports motion to decriminalize possession of illicit drugs

Register accountRead the forum rules
evs

Vancouver City Council unanimously supports motion to decriminalize possession of illicit drugs

Unread post by evs »

Finally. Over to Ottawa now. Let’s see if those in power are true liberals or just a bunch neocons.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Re: Vancouver City Council unanimously supports motion to decriminalize possession of illicit drugs

Unread post by mimi »

I bounce back and forth on this issue.
But when one takes into consideration, that this is a bigger pandemic than our all-consuming current pandemic, it demands attention.

ps...I have no ideas on a solution. :(

Sargent Smellibitz

Re: Vancouver City Council unanimously supports motion to decriminalize possession of illicit drugs

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

All drugs should be legal... so the addicts kill themselves quicker, or get clean... either or.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I can't discount addicts lives that easily. Instead, I'd rather see those who are profiting from people's addictions go down first.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

mimi wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 21:15 ps...I have no ideas on a solution. :(
Life sentence for those making and distributing large quantities of illegal drugs.

Allowing people to have a bit of these drugs on them doesn't solve the problem.

We all know it will never be fixed.

:purdy:
Sargent Smellibitz

mimi wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 21:27 I can't discount addicts lives that easily. Instead, I'd rather see those who are profiting from people's addictions go down first.
Why not? The addicts chose to take drugs. It's on them what happens to them.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Dinky Dazza wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 21:45
mimi wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 21:27 I can't discount addicts lives that easily. Instead, I'd rather see those who are profiting from people's addictions go down first.
Why not? The addicts chose to take drugs. It's on them what happens to them.
That's exactly where my 'bounce back and forth' comes in. People make choices. But the rebound to that is...when some drugs are spontaneously addictive....
ugh....have to think some more on this. :(

9 incher/160 IQ

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

Portland decriminalized street drugs recently as well. Meth, shrooms, heroin, etc...

Fuc# 0ff.
Sargent Smellibitz

mimi wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 21:56
Dinky Dazza wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 21:45 Why not? The addicts chose to take drugs. It's on them what happens to them.
That's exactly where my 'bounce back and forth' comes in. People make choices. But the rebound to that is...when some drugs are spontaneously addictive....
ugh....have to think some more on this. :(
It's not like an addictive drug spontaneously snuck into a person's bloodstream.

We have to own up for our personal decisions.

9 incher/160 IQ

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

Why does my computer show decriminalize as a spelling error while google spells it that way. My computer thinks it should be decriminalise.

Fuc# 0ff.
evs

Unread post by evs »

“Z” is American spelling.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Meem, it’s no different than prohibition. It only enabled black market, mafia and illegal production. Illicit drugs are no different.

Ppl can’t even get help properly if they are treated as criminals for drug possession.

~ plaid ~
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

There sure are a lotta weak people in this society, Irina.

Cripes, men used ta volunteer ta go off ta war, eh?

Now they all volunteer to take drugs.

We've produced a society full of weaklings.
Irina wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 21:03 Finally. Over to Ottawa now. Let’s see if those in power are true liberals or just a bunch neocons.

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

We already step around the corpses. The amount of dangerous street drugs, Fentanyl "wild card" doses, and home-brew meth will decline. Cartels will have to scramble to make up for falling prices.