No world region spared as COVID-19 cases, deaths surge (AP April 9, 2021 Report)

Register accountRead the forum rules
J0E

No world region spared as COVID-19 cases, deaths surge (AP April 9, 2021 Report)

Unread post by J0E »

https://www.mail.com/int/scitech/health ... ge-hero1-1

WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Hospitals in Turkey and Poland are filling up. Pakistan is restricting domestic travel. The U.S. government will send more help to the state with the country's worst infection increase.

April 09, 2021
The worldwide surge in coronavirus cases and deaths includes even Thailand, which has weathered the pandemic far better than many nations but now struggles to contain COVID-19. The only exceptions to the deteriorating situation are countries that have advanced vaccination programs, mostly notably Israel and Britain. The U.S., which is a vaccination leader globally, is also seeing a small uptick in new cases, and the White House announced Friday that it would send federal assistance to Michigan to control the state’s worst-in-the-nation transmission rate.

The World Health Organization said infection rates are climbing in every global region, driven by new virus variants and too many countries coming out of lockdown too soon. “We’ve seen rises (in cases) worldwide for six weeks. And now, sadly, we are seeing rises in deaths for the last three weeks,” Dr. Margaret Harris, a WHO spokeswoman, said at a briefing in Geneva.

In its weekly epidemiological update, the WHO said over 4 million COVID-19 cases were reported in the last week. New deaths increased by 11% compared to last week, with over 71,000 reported. The increasing infections, hospitalizations and deaths extend to countries where vaccinations are finally gaining momentum. That leaves even bleaker prospects for much of the world, where large-scale vaccination programs remain a more distant prospect.

In Turkey, which is among the badly hit countries, most new cases of the virus can be traced to a variant first found in Britain. Ismail Cinel, head of the Turkish Intensive Care Association, said the surge was beginning to strain the nation’s relatively advanced health care system and “the alarm bells are ringing” for intensive care units, which are not yet at full capacity.

“The mutant form of the virus is causing more harm to the organs,” Cinel said. “While 2 out of 10 patients were dying previously, the number is now 4 out of 10. And if we continue this way, we will lose six.”

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan eased COVID-19 restrictions in early March to minimize pain to his nation’s ailing economy. The new spike forced him to announce renewed restrictions, such as weekend lockdowns and the closure of cafes and restaurants during Ramadan, which starts April 13.

Turkish medical groups say the reopening in March was premature and that the new measures do not go far enough. They have been calling for full lockdowns during the holy Muslim month. In the U.S. capital, President Joe Biden's administration outlined how the federal government planned to help Michigan better administer the doses already allocated to the state, as well as expand testing capacity and the availability of drugs. The effort will not include any extra vaccine doses, a move Gov. Gretchen Whitmer sought.

Doses are currently allocated to states proportionally by population. Whitmer has called for extra doses to be shifted to states like hers experiencing a sharp rise in cases. She also urged a voluntary two-week halt to in-person high school classes, youth sports and indoor restaurant dining, but stopped short of issuing new restrictions.

The death toll in Iran is also rising, prompting new restrictions that will take effect for 10 days in 257 cities beginning Saturday. They involve the closure of all parks, restaurants, confectionaries, beauty salons, malls and bookstores.

Authorities in Pakistan, which is in the middle of a third surge of infections, are restricting inter-city transportation on weekends starting at midnight Friday. Elsewhere in Asia, authorities in Thailand ordered new restrictions Friday in an effort to contain a growing coronavirus outbreak just days before the country’s traditional Songkran New Year’s holiday, when millions of people travel.

Japan, meanwhile, announced tougher measures ahead of the Summer Olympics. In Germany, Poland and other countries in the 27-member European Union, vaccination programs are finally ramping up after a slow start in the first three months of the year due to delivery shortages.

Thousands of German medical practices joined the vaccination campaign this week. That helped Germany reach its second consecutive daily record on Thursday of almost 720,000 doses administered — meaning that 14.7% of the population has now received at least one dose and 5.8% have received both shots.

Yet German health officials are warning of a steep rise in intensive care patients and are calling for stronger action to contain infections. Neighboring Poland is also seeing a dramatic spike in deaths, and hospitals have been forced to turn away cancer and other patients as ICU and other hospital beds are taken by COVID-19 patients. Hospitalizations of virus patients there have jumped 20% in the past two weeks.

Harris, from the WHO, said the world knows how to fight these surges. She cited good news from the U.K., where new coronavirus cases dropped 60% in March amid a strong vaccination program, “but we have to do it all.”

“We have to keep on social distancing. We have to avoid indoor crowded settings. We have to keep wearing the masks, even if vaccinated,” she said. “People are misunderstanding, seeming to think that vaccination will stop transmission. That is not the case. We need to bring down the transmission while giving the vaccination the chance to stop the severe disease.”

Skipper

Re: No world region spared as COVID-19 cases, deaths surge (AP April 9, 2021 Report)

Unread post by Skipper »

China seems to have been spared, they havent had a covid death for a year now, maybe it is a bio weapon and they have the antidote

Mad Serb

Re: No world region spared as COVID-19 cases, deaths surge (AP April 9, 2021 Report)

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Chinese are not religious

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Skipper wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 12:57 China seems to have been spared, they havent had a covid death for a year now, maybe it is a bio weapon and they have the antidote
I don't think they did the best job of covering their tracks, either.

The virus supposedly began in the city of Wuhan wet market which also is close proximity of the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

Also, the virus has virtually no footprint unlike others which do, such as HIV/AIDS. AIDS suddenly appeared in the West, but it had been incubating in Africa for perhaps a century. So there was an origin & logical historical sequence of its development which has thus far not been traceable with COVID.

Viruses do not suddenly appear from out of nowhere. Be it the Black Death or AIDS, they usually have a lengthy history which can be traced by science.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Blurt wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 13:09FOJ
Blurt is a Cranky Tranny today.

Take your hormone supplements if you haven't already, Blurt.

will put you in a better mood, eh.

Mad Serb

OK, I am bored, so:
J0E wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 13:08 I don't think they did the best job of covering their tracks, either.
Providing that there are tracks to begin with

The virus supposedly began in the city of Wuhan wet market which also is close proximity of the Wuhan Institute of Technology.
At best this is circumstantial evidence for.. exactly what? That employees like fresh food?
Also, the virus has virtually no footprint unlike others which do, such as HIV/AIDS.
What is footprints, I don't know.
AIDS suddenly appeared in the West, but it had been incubating in Africa for perhaps a century. So there was an origin & logical historical sequence of its development which has thus far not been traceable with COVID.
Neither was the case with HIV virus in first few years, AFAIK. And perhaps not all viruses are equally easy to track
Viruses do not suddenly appear from out of nowhere.
At one point in evolution they actually do. Mutation happens and voila. New virus. If lucky, the virus will proliferate.

Be it the Black Death or AIDS, they usually have a lengthy history which can be traced by science.
So will COVID virus, unfortunatelly

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Mad Serb wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 13:15 OK, I am bored, so:
J0E wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 13:08 I don't think they did the best job of covering their tracks, either.
Providing that there are tracks to begin with

The virus supposedly began in the city of Wuhan wet market which also is close proximity of the Wuhan Institute of Technology.
At best this is circumstantial evidence for.. exactly what? That employees like fresh food?
Also, the virus has virtually no footprint unlike others which do, such as HIV/AIDS.
What is footprints, I don't know.
AIDS suddenly appeared in the West, but it had been incubating in Africa for perhaps a century. So there was an origin & logical historical sequence of its development which has thus far not been traceable with COVID.
Neither was the case with HIV virus in first few years, AFAIK. And perhaps not all viruses are equally easy to track
Viruses do not suddenly appear from out of nowhere.
At one point in evolution they actually do. Mutation happens and voila. New virus. If lucky, the virus will proliferate.

Be it the Black Death or AIDS, they usually have a lengthy history which can be traced by science.
So will COVID virus, unfortunatelly
I don't believe the 'COVID Myth' tho, Mad Serb.

It's just an opinion of course.

However, when individuals much more qualified than myself have stated the same thing, such as a former CDC Director, Former head of MI6 Intelligence in the UK, a senior scientist from Wuhan, and a Nobel laureate who discovered the AIDS virus, then something must be up.

Mad Serb

Experts are never wrong and never have an agenda?
Many other experts, more claim exactly opposite.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Mad Serb wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 13:28 Experts are never wrong and never have an agenda?
Many other experts, more claim exactly opposite.
True, but there is something odd about this virus & it leaves the common person asking the question "How the Fuck did it get here?"

And then no clear answers are provided.

Likewise, polls have recently been conducted asking ordinary citizens if the entire story behind the virus has been told, and much of the population believes that governments are either hiding information from them or simply not telling the entire truth.

So rather than brand the general population as ignoramuses, it's a natural inclination of people to ask questions when they haven't been provided with all the answers.

ie - "Yes the House burned down last night."

Naturally people will ask the question, "Who done it'?"

Is that the question from a stupid person? Of course not. It's a natural reflex/instinct to a somewhat unnatural event.

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

There are hundreds of identified corona viruses out there Joe and it is estimated that there are thousand more as yet undiscovered. Then every single creature infected with one,creates the opportunity for it to mutate and successfully jump species.

This is a totally natural mechanism that has spread viruses across populations throughout most of the history of life on our planet. It is very much what viruses do.

So you have a normal, natural mechanism of transmission that has occurred billions of times on our planet, or you have a conspiracy that someone fabricated it for some unknown end using unknown technology, that if it existed would have all sorts of brilliantly practical and exceedingly profitable applications, but for some reason it’s developers chose this...

Which one seems more plausible.

It's easy to judge because it's so hard to understand.
Reel

Unread post by Reel »

I get that people want to attribute more to this than is there, to bring meaning and gravity to all of this, make sense of it in a way that makes them feel more in control...

But it’s just a shitty pandemic.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Reel wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 21:02 I get that people want to attribute more to this than is there, to bring meaning and gravity to all of this, make sense of it in a way that makes them feel more in control...

This.
We are a society of beings who seem to feel the need to find a source to lay blame. But there have been pandemics long before there were laboratories.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

mimi wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 21:08
Reel wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 21:02 I get that people want to attribute more to this than is there, to bring meaning and gravity to all of this, make sense of it in a way that makes them feel more in control...

This.
We are a society of beings who seem to feel the need to find a source to lay blame. But there have been pandemics long before there were laboratories.
Well, I'm glad you're so self-assured, mimi.

However, I'm convinced COVID is a Chinese bioweapon.

That's why I take all the precautions to avoid it.

These idiots like in the States who think it's propaganda or a left wing conspiracy, ya don't stand up to a bioweapon.

It's like trying to stand up to Cancer or standing in the doorway of a house while it's burning down.

No one in their sane mind would remain in that doorway for long thinking they'll bravely stand up to a raging fire.

After hearing about a family friend who recently died from it, and the way he died, I take this virus very seriously.

Unlike some here, I don't trivilaize it & treat COVID as something to be dreaded and feared.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

You're only convinced, because you are one of the beings who feels the need to find a source to lay blame. If you have some evidence...other than what you feel...that it's a bio-weapon...please post evidence that supports that. Otherwise...please shut your cake-hole. :sneaky:

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

J0E wrote: 09 Apr 2021, 22:16 I'm convinced COVID is a Chinese bioweapon.
That so, Joe?

Let's see if you can spot the diff in the following statements:

- "I'm convinced the Earth is flat."
- "I'm convinced 9-11 was an inside job."
- "I'm convinced a cabal of powerful Jews run the world."
- "I'm convinced COVID-19 is a Chinese bioweapon purposefully loosed upon the world."
- "I'm convinced there is a God--says so right in the Bible!"
- "I'm convinced aliens are abducting people and subjecting them to anal probes."
- "I'm convinced we need to prepare for Armageddon--just read the papers."
- "I'm convinced 'the common folk' know more about these things than those who've spent their entire lives studying them."

And that is why "common folk'" are convinced of these things. Their intelligence level is common.

I still maintain that no one should graduate from high school without having successfully passed an (at the very least, introductory) course on Critical Thinking.

Otherwise, they risk falling prey to the kind of idiocies we see on this board (and other similarly open venues frequented by "the common folk'").

Fuck, am I ever tiring of this ignorant bullshit. :sneaky:

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

i'm convinced that chopping off my dick makes me a woman.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

In the same vein, I'm convinced that having a dick is what makes me a man. :rolleyes:

deadskinmask

a man is a man.... quantity and quality may vary.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Hypothetical question, Skinz: if a man suffers a horrible mutilation (say, goes out on a date with Loreena Bobbitt) and loses his dick, is he still a man?

deadskinmask

yeah.... he's non-functional.... but a man.... :(

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

Can a woman refer to herself as a genetic eunuch? :blink:

deadskinmask

they can refer to themselves as whatever they want.... when the system tries to dictate how i refer to em, thats when my hackles go up.... :(

SCOUSE

Unread post by SCOUSE »

deadskinmask wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 08:12 i'm convinced that chopping off my dick makes me a woman.... :D
Well played, you beat me to it. :D

It's always priceless when the grumpy trannie has one of his trademark rants where he alludes to being more knowledgable and educated than the rest of us mere mortals.

Regurgitating the latest CNN propaganda and LGBT rhetoric is Blurt's idea of voicing intelligent opinions. :rolleyes:

Hugo Boss wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 17:36 The Blurt cries out in pain as he strikes you!
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Good thing you showed up, Scouse. Without you there to provide colour commentary, Skinz's witty retort would've fallen flat.

It's always nice when a bud shows up with a key dangling from a kite to steal your thunder.

I dub thee Alfred E. von Neuman.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

SCOUSE wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 10:42
deadskinmask wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 08:12 i'm convinced that chopping off my dick makes me a woman.... :D
Well played, you beat me to it. :D

It's always priceless when the grumpy trannie has one of his trademark rants where he alludes to being more knowledgable and educated than the rest of us mere mortals.

Regurgitating the latest CNN propaganda and LGBT rhetoric is Blurt's idea of voicing intelligent opinions. :rolleyes:
Yeah I agree. Blurt is about as grumpy as they come.

He's the Cranky Tranny.

Sometimes a Zero Sense of Humor too.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Joe...you are the one who complains about everything and every-body...yet you see Blurt as 'cranky'? I see him as a positive person, with a sharp and witty sense of humour. Perhaps it's something lacking in you, that you are unable to see it. :(

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

mimi wrote: 10 Apr 2021, 21:10 Joe...you are the one who complains about everything and every-body...yet you see Blurt as 'cranky'? I see him as a positive person, with a sharp and witty sense of humour. Perhaps it's something lacking in you, that you are unable to see it. :(
Well one thing's fer sure, mimi.

Ya sure drive Mel nuts with your round about way of doing or explaining things.

Yer not the most direct or clear person I've encountered in these forums

Sometimes I gets the feeling you don't even know what youre trying to ask people but want them to figger out how to ask it or what the question is.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

It may be time for some posters to put the booze down and lay off the meth...

:purdy: