Is Chinese model the best of all democracies?

Register accountRead the forum rules
Vivek_Golikeri

Re: Is Chinese model the best of all democracies?

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

Shen Li wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 23:45
Eves wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 23:39 Road to hell comes to mind. I have great respect and affection for all those who tried to create a perfect, communist society. And I think it was not as black and white as you and western sources portray it:)
Mao's reign really was hell on earth. Mao's Red Guards murdered my paternal grandparents. It wasn't all Mao though. He had help with the mass killing from Lin Biao and the Gang of Four.

East Asia had benevolent dictators, but that psychotic thug was not one of them. Now, Deng Xiaoping on the hand is someone who brought Chinese people together.
Mao was both China's Lenin and her Stalin. Both savior and devil. He pulled China out of the dumps and put her on the road to development. Made her a power to be respected. But he did so at the cost of great human suffering and brutality.

asal

Unread post by asal »

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 17:21
Shen Li wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 23:45
Mao's reign really was hell on earth. Mao's Red Guards murdered my paternal grandparents. It wasn't all Mao though. He had help with the mass killing from Lin Biao and the Gang of Four.

East Asia had benevolent dictators, but that psychotic thug was not one of them. Now, Deng Xiaoping on the hand is someone who brought Chinese people together.
Mao was both China's Lenin and her Stalin. Both savior and devil. He pulled China out of the dumps and put her on the road to development. Made her a power to be respected. But he did so at the cost of great human suffering and brutality.
I mean, he could've skipped the great human suffering and brutality part. Taiwan skipped along and chose people eating and being kind to each other. Same starting point.

Get in on it.
Shen Li

Unread post by Shen Li »

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 17:21
Shen Li wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 23:45 Mao's reign really was hell on earth. Mao's Red Guards murdered my paternal grandparents. It wasn't all Mao though. He had help with the mass killing from Lin Biao and the Gang of Four.

Nope, he was 100% Satan.

Kennedy and Gabbard in 2024