something for ppl who want to believe in god....

deadskinmask

something for ppl who want to believe in god....

Unread post by deadskinmask »

heres a set of videos that i found incredibly interesting.... the first one is admittedly long but has an amazing payoff.... the second is posted elsewhere but its short and pairs well with the first video.... enjoy.... or don't.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
evs

Re: something for ppl who want to believe in god....

Unread post by evs »

I watched over 6 minutes of the first video and it just didn’t grab me. It’s a whole lot of varsha this and varsha the other. And I knew a varsha irl! Nice girl she was too, but this video just talks about a lot of other stuff that makes no sense to me.

The second video was great! I just don’t think it accepts that evolution never claimed that DNA or protein came first, evolution actually teaches us that they were generated at the same time.

I have two videos for you too. Both worth watching. Let me know what you think.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Ps. I don’t want to believe in god, I just do. And not for trying or being taught to, but just by feeling the divine presence in a few instances in my life.

~ plaid ~
SKINZ

Unread post by SKINZ »

evs wrote: 22 Aug 2018, 19:25 I watched over 6 minutes of the first video and it just didn’t grab me. Is a whole lot of varsha this and varsha the other. And I knew a varsha irl! Nice girl she was too, but this video just talks about a lot of stuff that makes no sense to me.

i posted the wrong vid. its fixed now.... :D

i'm gonna look up yours and watch em. my ps3 is only for posting. i use my ps4 to watch stuff. Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, etc.... :D

Everybody has a plan.... Until they get punched in the mouth.... Mike Tyson
Blazor

Unread post by Blazor »

Hey, I like that Leather face avatar, it suits your modship with the ban hammer :D

I'll watch the vids when I get a chance, Im off to bed.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 22 Aug 2018, 19:31 Ps. I don’t want to believe in god, I just do. And not for trying or being taught to, but just by feeling the divine presence in a few instances in my life.
Is there any explanation at all, as to why some people are.....um...'chosen' and some not ?

Why not people who live good lives? Why are they left out of this 'elimination' process? I just SO can't get behind a god that works this way. And in fact...I don't mean to sound harsh...but it's not just that I can't get behind it....I find it disturbing...and seriously creepy. Talk about conspiracy. :D

There are people in prisons who have done unspeakable things against humanity....but then...they suddenly 'find god'....and they're IN. :blink: Does this not strike anybody else as...an ungodly choice ? :unsure:

evs

Unread post by evs »

Hi meem, what does chosen mean? I assume you don’t mean this as the Jews being the chosen ppl?
Gmorning!

~ plaid ~
deadskinmask

i'm not an expert. nor do i have all the answers.... but i'm gonna step up and tackle this as i've come to understand it.... :(
mimi wrote: 22 Aug 2018, 21:35Is there any explanation at all, as to why some people are.....um...'chosen' and some not ?
chosen? do you mean 'gods chosen ppl, the jews'? he has been quite generous to them. they have been quite fortunate.... and yet they turn their collective backs to jesus and god. they'll be judged for it. not my problem.... as for anyone else being 'chosen', its only us who actively make the choice. free will and such.... :(
Why not people who live good lives? Why are they left out of this 'elimination' process?
when adam and eve broke gods only law in the garden of eden, we sold our birthright to the devill and god turned his back on us. we were now completely exposed to all temptation and the devil was given the ability to communicate with us freely.... ppl realized there was a problem and tried to re-establish communication with god through sacrifice. god was mad but didn't want this constant sacrifice so he sent jesus. jesus was the ultimate sacrifice and once again established a direct communication with god.... to believe and accept jesus into your heart makes you once again a 'child of god'. 'being good' or 'living good' is not all there is to it. thats like 'practicing medicine without a license'.... its wrong but ppl do it. its totally your choice.... but the bottom line is that 'accepting jesus and believing is the key'.... feel free to test this theory. its not my choice.... but i can assure you - god doesn't do 'loopholes' so good luck.... :(
I just SO can't get behind a god that works this way. And in fact...I don't mean to sound harsh...but it's not just that I can't get behind it....I find it disturbing...and seriously creepy. Talk about conspiracy.

its completely up to you in what you're willing to accept. man, i've so prayed for ppl and god told me that its ok. these ppl have subconsciously made this decision. theres no possible way to reach someone who doesn't want to be reached. the only ppl who can hear and see god are the ones who want to know god. the rest are of this world and love it for what it is.... ppl say 'i don't love satan. i don't worship satan'. that may be true but its irrelevant.... satan doesn't care if you follow him. you're his regardless. all he wants is to turn you away from god.... thats his win.... his game is set. his game is mostly over. and his fate is written in stone.... he only cares about your loss at this point.... :(
There are people in prisons who have done unspeakable things against humanity....but then...they suddenly 'find god'....and they're IN.
thats true. ppl sin. horribly.... i'm one.... we're not perfect. never will be in this mortal skin.... to acknowledge our sins and be sorrowful is how we repent.... some ppl pretend to repent. some ppl truly do. the main thing is that we keep trying to be better.... :(

Does this not strike anybody else as...an ungodly choice ?
it is what it is.... i understand it. if you don't, i can't help you.... and again - good luck.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 06:50 Hi meem, what does chosen mean? I assume you don’t mean this as the Jews being the chosen ppl?
Gmorning!
lol.....omg...no....it doesn't mean the Jews.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

deadskinmask wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 09:12 i'm not an expert. nor do i have all the answers.... but i'm gonna step up and tackle this as i've comee to understand it.... :(
mimi wrote: 22 Aug 2018, 21:35Is there any explanation at all, as to why some people are.....um...'chosen' and some not ?
chosen? do you mean 'gods chosen ppl, the jews'? he has been quite generous to them. they have been quite fortunate.... and yet they turn their collective backs to jesus and god. they'll be judged for it. not my problem.... as for anyone else being 'chosen', its only us who actively make the choice. free will and such.... :(
And no to you also....I don't mean the Jews. =)))))

I mean, why is he 'there' for some people, and not others.....or ALL people for that matter. Why only a select few ?
its completely up to you in what your willing to accept. man, i've so prayed for ppl and god told me that its ok. these ppl have subconsciously made this decision. theres no possible way to reach someone who doesn't want to be reached. the only ppl who can hear and see god are the ones who want to know god.

You can't believe, that a child who goes to church every Sunday, and prays by their bed every night, isn't inviting god into their heart....a child who wants to be reached...who wants to see and hear and know god....but nothing.
How can this be.

deadskinmask

in the op of this thred - viewtopic.php?f=122&t=69245 - i wrote how this was explained to me.... i dunno how accurate it is. i only know thats how i came to understand it.... but this world does not belong to god.... it was given to us free and clear and we in turn sold it to satan. what we do here is what decides our fate later.... i don't know how else to explain it to you.... you can be mad or rebel or just plain ol' resent god.... but it is in fact us who set this in motion.... and it was god who has been betrayed.... he made us in his image and i imagine he is just as venerable to emotion as we are.... :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 09:45
evs wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 06:50 Hi meem, what does chosen mean? I assume you don’t mean this as the Jews being the chosen ppl?
Gmorning!
lol.....omg...no....it doesn't mean the Jews.
I see! Do you think that god chooses who will have faith and who won’t? If so I wonder why do you think that’s up to god. We have free will, he made us in his own image.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Ha! Jinx sort of:)

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Why you busting my chops this week ? :D

I'm curious how it all works....I'm asking questions.
You have to admit...for those who have gone down that path before, (without it 'taking')...it would be extremely perplexing.

I use the term 'chosen', because many have expressed that they "weren't looking for it....it just happened".

So my interpretation of that...is that they are 'chosen'. I'm not saying it's the right interpretation...just that it's mine....and if it's incorrect....hence the questions. =)

I used the image of a child looking for god, because in my mind, children have the purest hearts....so I seriously don't how they could be ignored, or passed over. It's a reasonable curiosity. :unsure: :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

I am sorry! Happy Friday!

I think I was taken aback by that thinking because I never felt like god chose me, I always felt I discovered god who was always there, I was just too blind, too proud to see. And I think on some level I felt stung that you’d hold god responsible for anyone’s lack of faith. He gave us free will, to do with it whatever we want, that’s how great his love for us is. So to say that it’s his fault that somebody doesn’t believe in him hurt my feelings somewhat. Sorry meem, I take back my harsh tone:(

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Think of a rebellious teenager who can’t wait to move out of the parents’ house and is bothered by every question or a suggestion coming from the parent. They know best and they can do everything on their own. That’s an average human too:(

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I guess that's what I'm asking. HOW did you discover him ?

If ever there was a time I was ripe for the picking....it was as a child. I wasn't too proud...I might have been blind....but I was looking and goodness knows there were times when I needed him.
What am I looking for ? How do I look for it ? These are the questions. And...I think they're reasonable questions. :unsure:

evs

Unread post by evs »

The first time it happened I just felt very sad and hopeless. I wasn’t a child at the time but I felt as hopeless as a child would feel in a difficult situation. That’s when I felt like somebody hugged me and comforted me. I never even read the bible or was taught about it in my life. Religion was frowned upon and looked down on in my parents and especially my grandparents house. At the time I felt god’s love for the first time I wasn’t praying, or planning or projecting or inviting anything, it just happened as I dropped down all my pride, spontaneously.

Other times it was way less dramatic, and it would happen in the church during service.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

In some ways it’s like with every other love, you find it not when you are looking, but when you are ready.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 20:54 The first time it happened I just felt very sad and hopeless. I wasn’t a child at the time but I felt as hopeless as a child would feel in a difficult situation. That’s when I felt like somebody hugged me and comforted me. I never even read the bible or was taught about it in my life. Religion was frowned upon and looked down on in my parents and especially my grandparents house. At the time I felt god’s love for the first time I wasn’t praying, or planning or projecting or inviting anything, it just happened as I dropped down all my pride, spontaneously.

Other times it was way less dramatic, and it would happen in the church during service.
Then you can see how someone might interpret that as being 'chosen'...for lack of a better word ?

evs

Unread post by evs »

I wish I knew how to help ppl feel it but I don’t. In fact every time I’d try to talk about it I’d feel that those who didn’t believe would get turned off by what i had to say. I am sure some ppl can help others open their eyes to god’s love but I am not one of those ppl.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 20:59
evs wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 20:54 The first time it happened I just felt very sad and hopeless. I wasn’t a child at the time but I felt as hopeless as a child would feel in a difficult situation. That’s when I felt like somebody hugged me and comforted me. I never even read the bible or was taught about it in my life. Religion was frowned upon and looked down on in my parents and especially my grandparents house. At the time I felt god’s love for the first time I wasn’t praying, or planning or projecting or inviting anything, it just happened as I dropped down all my pride, spontaneously.

Then you can see how someone might interpret that as being 'chosen'...for lack of a better word ?
No:)) because god was there all that time, the hugs are available to those who need them at any time, I just didn’t see that. I was not chosen, I chose to drop down my pride and see.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

As long as you can recognize my genuine curiosity....I'm good with any form of 'I don't know' if you really don't know. =))))

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:04
mimi wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 20:59

No:)) because god was there all that time, the hugs are available to those who need them at any time, I just didn’t see that. I was not chosen, I chose to drop down my pride and see.
I was so much better before that addition. :D

evs

Unread post by evs »

What do you mean if I really don’t know? I don’t understand. Why wouldn’t I tell you if I knew:( I am just telling you all I know.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

^ I don’t understand. You don’t like my edit? I was just trying to use the right words. Talking about things you feel sucks..

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:06 What do you mean if I really don’t know? I don’t understand. Why wouldn’t I tell you if I knew:( I am just telling you all I know.
I just took it from..."I wish I knew how to help ppl feel it but I don’t."

This subject rarely works out well. =)))
I'm not trying to put you on the defensive.....I'm just trying to digest your words as best I can.
I feel like I've pretty much come full circle. :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

What did I say before the edit. I can’t even remember:)) anyway, I wish you to find whatever it is that you are curious about.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

I don’t know what you mean by full circle:))

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

:D

I'm simply curious why....or how, some people find it without looking...when those who are open and looking, can't or don't.