something for ppl who want to believe in god....

evs

Re: something for ppl who want to believe in god....

Unread post by evs »

I just hope I was clear about not being chosen. That expectation that god needs to do something so we’d start believing of whathave you is precisely the attitude that moves us further away from god, because it basically translates to saying that it’s his fault that we don’t feel his love all while it’s right in front of us:(

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:17 :D

I'm simply curious why....or how, some people find it without looking...when those who are open and looking, can't or don't.
Open and looking. Now you sound like those ‘open and looking’ on dating sites:))

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:15 I don’t know what you mean by full circle:))
Oh...I mean that...I'm miffed by a god who wouldn't show himself to someone who is looking, needing, wanting....but would, to someone who wasn't. Which was the whole basis of my disbelief in the first place so many years ago.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:18 I just hope I was clear about not being chosen. That expectation that god needs to do something so we’d start believing of whathave you is precisely the attitude that moves us further away from god, because it basically translates to saying that it’s his fault that we don’t feel his love all while it’s right in front of us:(
I hear that a lot. :unsure:

evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:21
Oh...I mean that...I'm miffed by a god who wouldn't show himself to someone who is looking, needing, wanting....but would, to someone who wasn't. Which was the whole basis of my disbelief in the first place so many years ago.
You are miffed! That’s precisely why are not seeing him. He is showing, it’s you who’s not seeing:)) he is NOT hiding..

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Rt now he is in your room with you.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:30
mimi wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 21:21
You are miffed! That’s precisely why are not seeing him. He is showing, it’s you who’s not seeing:)) he is NOT hiding..
He is too ! :mad:

:D

evs

Unread post by evs »

:biggrin:

Aw, you are joking:).. I wish I could help my mom see. But it’s just not possible. I can tell how she starts feeling sorry for me the minute I start talking about it. What to do meem. We are all makers of our own lives.. everybody’s responsible for their own.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Well....what to do for sure. :unsure:

I want to be clear though....that I am perfectly happy with my life as it is. I feel contentment that I can't imagine being better. I never tire of being elated by the beauty around us...no matter how many times I've seen it. I'm really not looking for more....I was just intrigued by a few things skinz said, that made me want to understand how 'the other half lives'. =))))

I like to think I have a deep understanding of how my actions affect others, and always try to make that a priority in how I conduct myself. (ok...I fail sometimes, but not for lack of trying =)))) )

I just never felt like I needed more. :unsure:

evs

Unread post by evs »

What’s the other half, ppl who believe in god?
Btw you sound like you don’t need god. For that reason you don’t see him. That is all.

And meem reread your post. It’s soaked in pride. You are proud of yourself just as you are. You are a teenager who doesn’t need their parent because they are already perfectly happy on their own:) I hope some of my upstream posts make more sense now. Or not. I can’t tell. I talked about this too much and I’m starting to sound too proud to myself too lol:(

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Ya...lol...that other half. No disrespect intended. =)

evs

Unread post by evs »

I understand. Sorry late edit above.

~ plaid ~
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

We don't need god. God needs us to survive

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 22:24 What’s the other half, ppl who believe in god?
Btw you sound like you don’t need god. For that reason you don’t see him. That is all.

And meem reread your post. It’s soaked in pride. You are proud of yourself just as you are. You are a teenager who doesn’t need their parent because they are already perfectly happy on their own:) I hope some of my upstream posts make more sense now. Or not. I can’t tell. I talked about this too much and I’m starting to sound too proud to myself too lol:(
If enjoying life, and appreciating beauty is the same as pride....I plead guilty. :unsure:

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

i blame gravity.... and evolution.... :mad:

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I blame asal.

deadskinmask

mimi wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 08:26I blame asal.
yeah.... probably her too. but seriously.... big bang, gravity and evolution have no more evidence than creationism.... apart from nasas admitted cgi pics, theres no other proof of a round earth. none.... use a discerning eye.... are they explaining how things actually happened? or simply trying to explain away god? there are alot of 'earth facts' that can't hold up to scrutiny.... nor can they be proven.... and that leaves the choice directly on you.... a lie is a lie regardless of how many ppl believe it.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

theres no other proof of a round earth.

There is. Indisputable proof. Proof that was established long before nasa.

You believe that science attempts to explain away god...but a few centuries ago, it was the church that deemed it a sin to believe the earth was round and stood fast in the way of proving otherwise. Fortunately, there were those that questioned things back then too...and broke through the 'lies'...or more accurately, beliefs, they were led to believe.

Interesting bit...
https://www.christianitytoday.com/histo ... lilei.html

deadskinmask

i'll leave you with this - For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.... 1 Corinthians 3:19

i believe i've already established my position on 'christianity' with you.... you know my thoughts.... so.... uh... good luck, woodchuck.... :(

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I think I'm saying that science and faith aren't in opposition.

deadskinmask

and i'm simply saying - good luck, woodchuck.... when i know i've been lied to, i don't simply blame the mouth. i hold the entire head accountable.... :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I'm being dismissed again? :unsure:

deadskinmask

mimi wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 09:43 I'm being dismissed again? :unsure:
lol. no. i'm just saying that i'm looking at this from a much different angle than you. plus i have read about contributing factors that you refuse to take in account.... i'm not trying to convince you of anything. i only want you to be certain you believe whatever you decide to believe.... :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

I gather you didn’t like my vids:)

I didn’t get far with the first video. I’ve seen coal and granite and then dozed off. At what point to we see the argument about the earth flatness?

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 09:32 I think I'm saying that science and faith aren't in opposition.
That’s my thoughts exactly. They absolutely complement each other.

~ plaid ~
deadskinmask

evs wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 14:33 I gather you didn’t like my vids:)

I didn’t get far with the first video. I’ve seen coal and granite and then dozed off. At what point to we see the argument about the earth flatness?
the point is that all of it was created in the same period and at pretty much the same time. all those layers of rock and dirt.... they all contain those halos.... so it would appear that earth didn't 'form over time'.... it just was.... :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

But how does that prove earth flatness? It only reflects on age of the earth crust, parts of them anyway.

~ plaid ~
deadskinmask

evs wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 15:28 But how does that prove earth flatness? It only reflects on age of the earth crust, parts of them anyway.
its not about flatness. its about a time discrepancy that doesn't exist.... besides watch or don't.... it not my place to summarize for you. its your experience that matters.... :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

I am sorry, I’ll try again but it just didn’t grab me. That guy talking about coal looked like a child molestor lol:(

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

And not to be crass but my videos were far superior:)) :tongue:

~ plaid ~