an anthropologist studies 'flat earthers'....

deadskinmask

an anthropologist studies 'flat earthers'....

Unread post by deadskinmask »

it covers the basics and i think it was well-done considering hes not a fan (so to speak).... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
asal

Re: an anthropologist studies 'flat earthers'....

Unread post by asal »

So cool! Thanks, interesting post - I'll watch it/get in on it.

Get in on it.
asal

Unread post by asal »

I got 20 minutes in. It doesn't seem to be about the anthropology of flat earthers. I think I want to see something done from a sociological perspective. 20 minutes in the video has described a number of youtubers that are flat earthers, and is now describing historical flat earthers. I'd like to know why people are flat earthers. I'd like to see a description of what attracts and keeps them pursuing these ideas.

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

i would say 'keep watching' but you and i both know you won't.... its all good.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
asal

Unread post by asal »

I did. I watched some more. I bumped through it in parts, and it still wasn't a description of flat earthers, but it was a summary of their beliefs.

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

a description? well.... i'm 6ft 3in tall and about 205 lbs with brown eyes and dirty blonde hair.... :(

asal

Unread post by asal »

:D with a rip in your pants, eternally.

Get in on it.
deadskinmask

asal wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 19:52 :D with a rip in your pants, eternally.
lmmfao.... did that ever get posted here? i still look at the Walmart sites but haven't seen it again.... :D

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Outta curiosity, what makes you think the earth is flat?

:purdy:
deadskinmask

Berry Sweet wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 01:08 Outta curiosity, what makes you think the earth is flat?
because when i'm lied to, i immediately ignore any information given by the party in question. and nasa are known liars.... i also ignore any information given by anyone who tries to validate known liars.... even the 'scientific' community.... the same 'scientific' community that supports 99 genders and promotes 'normalizing' peadophillia.... :(

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Skinz, do you agree that day length varies by seasons, and that at some point (mid summer) at some cities it can be longer than 12hrs out of 24hrs?

deadskinmask

yeah. so?

Mad Serb

So you agree that at dec-22nd day in Johannesburg lasts 12hrs+ but at the same time less than 12hrs up north, for example Helsinki?

I mean, you don't dispute those statistics?

deadskinmask

Mad Serb wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 19:39 So you agree that at dec-22nd day in Johannesburg lasts 12hrs+ but at the same time less than 12hrs up north, for example Helsinki?

I mean, you don't dispute those statistics?
i tell you what, partner.... while i'm super curious as to why you're so interested in what i believe, i think you should overlook my beliefs and make certain that you have your situation under control instead.... don't worry about me. i'll be fine.... :D

Mad Serb

Here is what I have trouble with -

On Dec 22, day in both Rio Grande (Tierra del Fuego) and Perth (Australia) lasts 14hrs. since one day is 24hrs, that means that for at least 4hrs on that day there is daylight in both of these cities.
Yet at the same time Svalbard is in darkness). Since Svalbard is just in between the two cities, around the middle on the strait line, how is that possible? Where is the sun that can light two cities but keep mid point in darkness?

deadskinmask

and again.... why is my little ol' flat earth a problem for you? huh? i'm tired of 'gravity'. so what? i'm not as excited about cartoon pictures of a big ol' round earth as you are. so what? if you want no part of it, fuck off and go tend to your own rat killing.... you got crazy fuckin nlggers flipping cars and burning ppls shit up.... even shooting ppl over Trump being president.... but you're gonna sweat over me cause i'm not buying into that ridiculous moon landing bullshit.... lmmfao.... you have some very fucked up priorities, my friend.... :D

Mad Serb

Clueless obviously...

deadskinmask

laugh today. cry tomorrow.... good luck, woodchuck.... :D

Mad Serb

You keep bringing Flat Earth issue here. I am just responding, trying to educate you. In essence, I am volunteering my time and expertise here. You should appreciate that

deadskinmask

Mad Serb wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 23:30 You keep bringing Flat Earth issue here. I am just responding, trying to educate you. In essence, I am volunteering my time and expertise here. You should appreciate that
oh. i appreciate the thought but i don't see where it would change anything.... if you wanna educate somebody, take somebody who can't spell or form proper sentences and work with them.... it would actually improve the continuity of the forum.... :D

Mad Serb

How about this: You teach me spelinng and grammars and I tech you science!

deadskinmask

i'll pass.... i'm quite happy with the status quo.... enjoy your cartoons and such.... :D

Berry Sweet

deadskinmask wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 12:48
Berry Sweet wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 01:08 Outta curiosity, what makes you think the earth is flat?
because when i'm lied to, i immediately ignore any information given by the party in question. and nasa are known liars.... i also ignore any information given by anyone who tries to validate known liars.... even the 'scientific' community.... the same 'scientific' community that supports 99 genders and promotes 'normalizing' peadophillia.... :(
I do have to admit there are too many confusing stories from NASA...first they say we went to the moon and then they say we didnt and we cant. They also claim they dont have the technology anymore...another thing that is nuts is they claim they lost all the recordings of the moon landing...how does NASA just lose recordings of an apparent HUGE event in history. I'm not buying it.

Something is not right about all this space stuff.

And people claiming aliens has visited our earth for millions of years, and still do today. Why would aliens specifically hide from the general public? Why would they only visit government officials and other high ranking douche bags?

Berry Sweet

Then there's bill nye...I just recently saw a video clip of him having a new show...some about parallel universes. While the concept sure is entertaining, where is the evidence of this?