India launches lunar lander.

Register accountRead the forum rules
Markus

India launches lunar lander.

Unread post by Markus »

Early this morning, India launched its very first lunar lander bound for the surface of the Moon. The spacecraft will spend the next month and a half traveling through space before attempting a touch down on the lunar surface in September. If successful, India will become the fourth nation to ever land a vehicle intact on the Moon

Chandrayaan-2 consists of an orbiter, as well as a lander named Vikram and a rover named Pragyan, which all launched on top of an Indian GSLV MK-III rocket at 5:13AM ET on Monday, July 22nd.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/22/2070 ... gyan-rover

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
Blurt

Re: India launches lunar lander.

Unread post by Blurt »

Leave it to India to discover water ice in the moon's south polar region.

Go, India!

Ganesh has a trunk that reaches into outer space.

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

flush toilets and potable water for all!

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

No, not all.

If I didn't know you were funning, I'd say you don't know India that well, Cap'n.

Even the U.S. has enough modesty to, at the very least, try to mask the displays of disparity between its richest and poorest citizens. India has no such qualms.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Yup. Running water in India is when your personal maid runs to the river to bring water to wash your toilet bowl.

I am sorry, the caste system is nothing but institutionalized slavery that’s not going away any time soon:(

~ plaid ~
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Which is why it was outlawed in the 1940's.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Yet, it is alive and well till today’s date.

~ plaid ~
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

I always go by what folks are looking for in the (often hilarious) Matrimonials section of the personal ads.

More often than not, the ads end with the words "Caste no object."

So, yeah, still alive, but on the way out. You can't eradicate 4,000 year old traditions in the blink of a third eye.

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

You can go fly a kite during a thunder-storm.. But you aint Benjamin Franklin.

evs

Unread post by evs »

True. Outlawing is a good first step. But now may be good to bring it up every now and then, to swing that pendulum sooner rather than later.

~ plaid ~
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Agreed.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

MARKUS wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 08:25 Early this morning, India launched its very first lunar lander bound for the surface of the Moon. The spacecraft will spend the next month and a half traveling through space before attempting a touch down on the lunar surface in September. If successful, India will become the fourth nation to ever land a vehicle intact on the Moon

Chandrayaan-2 consists of an orbiter, as well as a lander named Vikram and a rover named Pragyan, which all launched on top of an Indian GSLV MK-III rocket at 5:13AM ET on Monday, July 22nd.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/22/2070 ... gyan-rover
India has all these poor starving people, a shitty infrastructure & yet it chooses to build nuclear bombs & launch a multi billion dollar lunar module into space.

What is wrong with the politicians who run their country?

I guess they don’t care about their own people.

Shame on them.

evs

Unread post by evs »

They elected a populist prez. This is the outcome.

~ plaid ~
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

J0E wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 09:20 India has all these poor starving people, a shitty infrastructure & yet it chooses to build nuclear bombs & launch a multi billion dollar lunar module into space.

Shame on them.
Obviously, you animatronic bobbleheads have never set foot on the Indian sub-continent.

I'll tell you this much: there's more hot air in this thread than in all of India.

cc

Unread post by cc »

You shouldn't judge others by Jo

He's in a world of his own

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

India is the most disgusting country on earth..

Rotting corpses and feces.

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

How often have you been there, Odie? And where in India?

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

Blurt wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 20:51 How often have you been there, Odie? And where in India?
Stop mansplaining!

Your question is now nullified.

I´ve been there enough times to get attacked by a stampeding horn-head in an alley.

But I´m a finn... I can see the humor in that.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Blurt wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 11:53
J0E wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 09:20 India has all these poor starving people, a shitty infrastructure & yet it chooses to build nuclear bombs & launch a multi billion dollar lunar module into space.

Shame on them.
Obviously, you animatronic bobbleheads have never set foot on the Indian sub-continent.

I'll tell you this much: there's more hot air in this thread than in all of India.
Actually there was a controversy & outrage that Britain sent foreign aid to India even tho that country has its own space program and at least 21 million of its own citizens living in severe poverty. So apparently I’m not the only one who’s pointed that out.

https://news.sky.com/story/fury-over-uk ... a-11489332

Likewise, one wonders how other nations with similar economic difficulties such as North Korea & Pakistan can afford a nuclear bomb when many of its own people are starving.

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

I know that they dont think this is a joke..

evs

Unread post by evs »

Cultural appropriation:))

~ plaid ~
Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

Irina wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 06:21 Cultural appropriation:))
Its payback..

Michael Jackson has straight black hair.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Watching that made me realize how cultures have to be somewhat related for dancing to be translatable btwn them. The dancing in that video does nothing for me, it’s supremely awkward. The original is nothing special but at least it’s not awkward.

~ plaid ~
Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

Irina wrote: 31 Jul 2019, 06:49 Watching that made me realize how cultures have to be somewhat related for dancing to be translatable btwn them. The dancing in that video does nothing for me, it’s supremely awkward.
Same deal with music..

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Dammit, where's Zeke when you need him?

I guess I'll have to agree with the sentiment that dancing and singing doesn't translate well across all cultures.

And then there's Finland.

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

Irina wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 11:49 Yup. Running water in India is when your personal maid runs to the river to bring water to wash your toilet bowl.

I am sorry, the caste system is nothing but institutionalized slavery that’s not going away any time soon:(

Well, if that isn't typical!
A gross unjust political system. No social justice at all.
No wonder the Hindus and Muslims don't get along.
Hindus have that pyramid. And Muslims teach social justice and equality.
Hindus have many gods. Muslims are monotheists.
Could they be more opposite?
The old pyramid. From the ancient times of the Pharaohs, it has been the system of power.
The fewest number of powerful people at the very top, enjoying the benefits of power and privilege. The greatest number of underprivileged people at the very bottom, supporting this huge structure on their backs.
Do you think they'd allow for change? Not a hope in Hell. Keep things as they are and increase the inequality: that's their motto.
Who cares what India launches?
Not me.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 13:34
Irina wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 11:49 Yup. Running water in India is when your personal maid runs to the river to bring water to wash your toilet bowl.

The old pyramid. From the ancient times of the Pharaohs, it has been the system of power.
The fewest number of powerful people at the very top, enjoying the benefits of power and privilege. The greatest number of underprivileged people at the very bottom, supporting this huge structure on their backs.
Do you think they'd allow for change? Not a hope in Hell. Keep things as they are and increase the inequality: that's their motto.
Not me.
In some ways, We have a similar system in some Western nations too. The idea of a select billionaire class getting the gravy while the working class get the crumbs is especially prevalent in the United States. More mansions, luxury items for them, more K Marts & prisons for the poor. Its just all on a different scale & wears another disguise. Caste/class system in many ways is just one and the same.

Lochdubh

Not me.
It's a wonder that hajji havens like Pak, Malaysia, and Indonesia...not to mention the Kingdom and Iran are not overrun with migrants seeking to live under that most perfect of systems, shariah.

Lochdubh

J0E wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 17:13

Not me.
In some ways, We have a similar system in some Western nations too. The idea of a select billionaire class getting the gravy while the working class get the crumbs is especially prevalent in the United States. More mansions, luxury items for them, more K Marts & prisons for the poor. Its just all on a different scale & wears another disguise. Caste/class system in many ways is just one and the same.
J0E wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 17:13

Not me.
I've been reading and writng all day and now into the night....for both work and for entertainment. If I was going to award a prize for the most stupid thing that I've read all day, Joe's paragraph would take the biscuit.