asal

Re: India launches lunar lander.

Unread post by asal »

:D

Get in on it.
Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

I´d like to launch my lander on the moon of Asal.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Eww. :(

edit: Yipes....I guess that could be read two ways...but I think it's obvious who my "Eww" was directed at.

ps. You leave asal alone. Image

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

mimi wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 18:38 Eww. :(

edit: Yipes....I guess that could be read two ways...but I think it's obvious who my "Eww" was directed at.

ps. You leave asal alone. Image
In accordance with the Moon treaty, I have every right to poke around Asals moon with my rocket.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Eww, EWW.

extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

Lochdubh wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 17:50 I've been reading and writng all day and now into the night....for both work and for entertainment. If I was going to award a prize for the most stupid thing that I'
Prove it. Make your case. Explain.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
extralegs2020

It's a bit problematical when you worship monkeys and cows and snakes and things.
And elephants and crocodiles and Bengal tigers and such.
Just about everything and anything, in fact.
Before you give me the rebuttal, let me anticipate it:
"We only worship the God that is within those things. We worship the Divine Presence inside. Those are all aspects of the Divine."
And that's how they justify idol-worship!
(Sometimes it is in-your-face blatant idolatry. Check out the Krishna Temple in Burnaby, just off the highway. That huge statue of their god standing on the front lawn.)

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 21:36
Lochdubh wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 17:50 I've been reading and writng all day and now into the night....for both work and for entertainment. If I was going to award a prize for the most stupid thing that I'
How is this "a case" ?

cc

Unread post by cc »

India launches lunar lander.
So, is it going well? Has the mission been successful?

extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 11:53 Obviously, you animatronic bobbleheads have never set foot on the Indian sub-continent.

I'll tell you this much: there's more hot air in this thread than in all of India.
There's more methane gas from cows than heated air over there.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Lochdubh wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 17:47 It's a wonder that hajji havens like Pak, Malaysia, and Indonesia...not to mention the Kingdom and Iran are not overrun with migrants seeking to live under that most perfect of systems, shariah.
Actually, they are over-run, Captain. Maybe not Pakistan. But some of the others have many foreign residents.
Some of those are not bad places--not bad at all.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

mimi wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 21:52
extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 21:36
How is this "a case" ?
I was asking the Captain to make his case that Joe's post was the stupidest thing and takes the biscuit.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

This is the complete post:
Lochdubh wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 17:50 I've been reading and writng all day and now into the night....for both work and for entertainment. If I was going to award a prize for the most stupid thing that I've read all day, Joe's paragraph would take the biscuit.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 21:44 It's a bit problematical when you worship monkeys and cows and snakes and things.
Before you give me the rebuttal, let me anticipate it.
I love it when allegedly educated pinheads start a paragraph with the words "It's a bit problematical when..." but then don't go on to describe what the problem is in their view.

The only problem I see for the people you speak of as blatant idol worshippers--a people with no history of having invaded or destroyed other cultures--is that they've had to contend over the last several centuries, with a horde of culture-destroying invaders who would just as soon decapitate both the pious and the profane than have them think wrongly about things.

Now that's problematic.

I'm hoping you're at least smart enough to guess where I'm thinking you can shove your rebuttal, El.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Lochdubh wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 17:47
extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 13:34
Irina wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 11:49 Yup. Running water in India is when your personal maid runs to the river to bring water to wash your toilet bowl.

I am sorry, the caste system is nothing but institutionalized slavery that’s not going away any time soon:(

Well, if that isn't typical!
A gross unjust political system. No social justice at all.
No wonder the Hindus and Muslims don't get along.
Hindus have that pyramid. And Muslims teach social justice and equality.
Hindus have many gods. Muslims are monotheists.
Could they be more opposite?
The old pyramid. From the ancient times of the Pharaohs, it has been the system of power.
The fewest number of powerful people at the very top, enjoying the benefits of power and privilege. The greatest number of underprivileged people at the very bottom, supporting this huge structure on their backs.
Do you think they'd allow for change? Not a hope in Hell. Keep things as they are and increase the inequality: that's their motto.
Who cares what India launches?
Not me.
It's a wonder that hajji havens like Pak, Malaysia, and Indonesia...not to mention the Kingdom and Iran are not overrun with migrants seeking to live under that most perfect of systems, shariah.
Favourite post:)

~ plaid ~
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Blurt wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 23:17
extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 21:44 It's a bit problematical when you worship monkeys and cows and snakes and things.
I love it when allegedly educated pinheads start a paragraph with the words "It's a bit problematical when..." but then don't go on to describe what the problem is in their view.

The only problem I see for the people you speak of as blatant idol worshippers--a people with no history of having invaded or destroyed other cultures--is that they've had to contend over the last several centuries, with a horde of culture-destroying invaders who would just as soon decapitate both the pious and the profane than have them think wrongly about things.

Now that's problematic.

I'm hoping you're at least smart enough to guess where I'm thinking you can shove your rebuttal, El.
What’s the issue Blurt? Look at the Morons Muricans worship.

Semen
extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 23:17

Now that's problematic.

Hah!
No matter how hard you try, you cannot remove Islam from India. Islam is woven into the very fabric of India with a golden thread.
The Mughal Era was the most civilized period of Indian history, and the most high-class civilization ever to exist. During that age, India reached the very peak and pinnacle of its history and culture--all due to the Muslim Mughals. They built the Taj Mahal.
Not only that, they 'went native'. They married Indian women. They became Indians. They were never foreign rulers and conquerors like the British.
Now, that is a big difference in policy and in attitude.
These people sure as hell were NOT culture destroying invaders as you claim. They were the greatest creators of art and culture that have ever existed.
The Taj Mahal is a blend, as Islam is a blend. In this case, it blends Indian, Hindu, Persian, Turkish and Arabic motifs.
The result is quite outstanding.
And no matter how hard these Hindus try, they cannot erase a thousand years of Islamic culture and history from India.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Irina wrote: 22 Jul 2019, 11:49 Yup. Running water in India is when your personal maid runs to the river to bring water to wash your toilet bowl.

I am sorry, the caste system is nothing but institutionalized slavery that’s not going away any time soon:(

Leo Tolstoy, the Anarchist, was amongst the greatest novelists ever to have lived. I read his War And Peace. That took quite a bit of doing.
But at the end of that huge volume, he wrote an epilogue--a lengthy one. And in it, he describes in full detail and with brilliant insights, the pyramid structure of society.
Very interesting!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 09:50
Hah!
No matter how hard you try, you cannot remove Islam from India. Islam is woven into the very fabric of India with a golden thread.
The Mughal Era was the most civilized period of Indian history, and the most high-class civilization ever to exist. During that age, India reached the very peak and pinnacle of its history and culture--all due to the Muslim Mughals. They built the Taj Mahal.
Not only that, they 'went native'. They married Indian women. They became Indians. They were never foreign rulers and conquerors like the British.
Now, that is a big difference in policy and in attitude.
These people sure as hell were NOT culture destroying invaders as you claim. They were the greatest creators of art and culture that have ever existed.
The Taj Mahal is a blend, as Islam is a blend. In this case, it blends Indian, Hindu, Persian, Turkish and Arabic motifs.
The result is quite outstanding.
And no matter how hard these Hindus try, they cannot erase a thousand years of Islamic culture and history from India.
"The Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex of order and freedom, culture and peace, can at any moment be overthrown by barbarians invading from without or multiplying within." --Will Durant

asal

Unread post by asal »

Just a bunch of lunacy in this thread.

Get in on it.
Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

asal wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 11:42 Just a bunch of lunacy in this thread.
Lunarcy..

I get it..

extralegs2020

I know: Let's all worship the "Indwelling Presence of the Divine" in the cow.
The cow has such an intelligent expression, you say?
Speak for yourself.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

What's wrong with cows? They're very down to earth. Cows don't even fly.

Unlike the horse Muhammad rode out on.

extralegs2020

Don't you discredit my precious Islam.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Cosmic cows, flying horses, talking snakes. Folks raised from the dead. Virgins dancing in the clouds.

Religion is a bit problematic. And the problem is: it appeals to adults even though it was designed for children.

Sort of like Joe's comic books.

extralegs2020

What do you mean?
All those things are true.
It's magical thinking, I know.
But I am a Magician.
So humour me.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

If the Yanks went to the Moon first, in 1969--that was FIFTY (50) years ago.
The Hindus are going there now, in 2019; but the mission has been aborted as a dismal failure.
I'd say the Hindus are quite a bit behind the times. Unless you consider fifty (50) years a blink or a coffee break.
Not very exciting, is it? It was a big thrill in 1969.
But now? I'd say it's a trifle boring.
Kinda slow, aren't ya, Pal?

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

And they are not even landing anybody on the Moon. It is an un-manned lunar lander--with which they have lost touch.
A little below second rate.
No, actually, not even third rate.
How low can one go?
It is better to do nothing than make a feeble attempt like this one, to become a space age power. Why pretend to be something you are not? Your motives are transparent. People can spot a phony status building, prestige building enterprise a mile away-- or, in this case, around the globe.
They would be far better off doing things they are really renowned for and excellent at: Yoga, and Philosophy.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
cc

Unread post by cc »

Magic is haram. You are doomed to allah's wrath

soon

Unread post by soon »

john hughes wrote about classism in 80's america. james spader played a particularly accurate snob in the movie pretty in pink.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.