Shall I Post My Rental Agreement On Here?

Register accountRead the forum rules
extralegs2020

Shall I Post My Rental Agreement On Here?

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

I wrote it all myself. Air-tight, iron-clad, bullet-proof tenancy agreements.
I can show you what a brilliant legal mind I have.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
Blurt

Re: Shall I Post My Rental Agreement On Here?

Unread post by Blurt »

Don't.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

extralegs2014 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 15:46 I can show you what a brilliant legal mind I have.
:lmao:

:purdy:
9 incher/160 IQ

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

Barely legal mind.

Fuc# 0ff.
extralegs2020

There are no takers???
No one interested.
Those of you who are landlords and those of you who are potential landlords or future landlords could benefit greatly. You will never find a better rental agreement that will protect your rights.
That applies to landLADIES as well, of course!
Positively!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
extralegs2020

I like to shine.
Brightly.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

EL, cut the unnecessary drama out and just post outright what is your net worth so we can spend rest of our lives in awe

extralegs2020

Only $3.5 million, CAD.
Not much less.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

But that is rising and growing.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

extralegs2014 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 15:46 I wrote it all myself. Air-tight, iron-clad, bullet-proof tenancy agreements.
I can show you what a brilliant legal mind I have.
Sure, post it.

But even if you wrote the most perfect rental agreement, there's no guarantee you'll get perfect tenants. I've met a number of landlords in BC who said their tenants trashed their units costing them thousands if dollars to fix & they couldn't do anything about it.

Unlike some states in the USA, you cant throw them out overnight in British Columbia. Meanwhile if the tenant knows they are facing eviction, they can destroy the place.

I think if i owned rental property it wouldnt be British Columbia but some American state where a sheriff could show up with a shotgun, a pitbull & a lockbox to throw out any potential troublemaker on the spot.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 20:19 There are no takers???
No one interested.
Those of you who are landlords and those of you who are potential landlords or future landlords could benefit greatly. You will never find a better rental agreement that will protect your rights.
That applies to landLADIES as well, of course!
Positively!
I think Berry summed it up perfectly. =))))

extralegs2020

I see I got a go ahead.
But it will take a total of seven (7) posts. One page per post, or else the post will be too long. Four (4) pages for the tenancy agreement, and three (3) for the application form.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

My husband was a landlord for 12 years. Detached house...young couple with small children. Sometimes they were late with their payments...but they always made good at some point. The place was no show home when they first started renting...but it was immaculately clean, in perfect repair....and tended to regularly. Their rent was 1/3 of the going rate....but he felt for their struggles...(sick kids...etc) and wasn't looking to make a killing....just something that covered the mortgage payment

When he was finally 'forced' into a situation to sell....he couldn't bring himself to give notice for them to move, for the 3 months surrounding Christmas. When we went to make the place saleable in the spring....the place suffered severe neglect, abuse and disregard and of course, 12 years of natural wear. But...those were some sweet people...before and 12 years later. Maybe it's small-town mentality...because we still see this couple and their kids around town regularly...and we always have time for each other to chat for a while.

There was no lease....neither party felt cheated.

Jeebus MURPHY....that sounded sappy even to me....but it's pure truth. :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:10 I see I got a go ahead.
But it will take a total of seven (7) posts. One page per post, or else the post will be too long. Four (4) pages for the tenancy agreement, and three (3) for the application form.
No "go-ahead".

I think there was pure dis-interest. :unsure:

extralegs2020

J0E wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 20:52 But even if you wrote the most perfect rental agreement, there's no guarantee you'll get perfect tenants. I've met a number of landlords in BC who said their tenants trashed their units costing them thousands if dollars to fix & they couldn't do anything about it.

Unlike some states in the USA, you cant throw them out overnight in British Columbia. Meanwhile if the tenant knows they are facing eviction, they can destroy the place.

I think if i owned rental property it wouldnt be British Columbia but some American state where a sheriff could show up with a shotgun, a pitbull & a lockbox to throw out any potential troublemaker on the spot.

We know.
The damage a bad tenant can do can easily be ten times the deposit. The landlord will never see that money again. All it takes is one bad tenant.
But this agreement really helps. It puts the Law on my side. If they don't sign, they don't move on to my property. If they do, I've got them. If there is any infraction, all I have to do is to prove my case that they are in material breach of this legal agreement. That will be easy to prove before any arbitrator.
It only takes 10 days to throw out a tenant in B.C. If the rent is unpaid by the 10th of the month, I can legally boot him out.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

PAGE 1 of 4
MONTHLY RESIDENTIAL TENANCY AGREEMENT

MADE IN DUPLICATE FOR THE PREMISES LOCATED AT:

#xxx-xxxx WEST BROADWAY, VANCOUVER, B.C. V6K 2G2. [the condominium address of the premises being rented to the tenant, called the “rental unit” in this agreement].

Between [full and correct legal names]: (Mr.) xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx, referred to in this agreement as “the landlord”, and:

Xxxxx xxxxx xxxxx, referred to in this agreement as “the tenant”.

1. Any change, addition or deletion to this tenancy agreement other than those allowed in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act must be agreed to in writing and initialled by both the landlord and the tenant. If a change is not agreed to in writing, is not initialled by both the landlord and the tenant or is unconscionable, it is not enforceable.

2. The landlord will rent to the tenant and the tenant will rent from the landlord the above unit. This tenancy starts on the commencement date of: Year: 2015; Month: April; Day: 01ST, this being when the first month’s rent is due and payable to the landlord, and this shall be the anniversary date. The term of the tenancy is to run from, and to continue on, a month-to-month basis, subject to the discretion, the judgement, and the decision of the landlord, until the landlord or the tenant gives proper notice to terminate.

3. The tenant agrees to rent the unit on a monthly tenancy from the first to the last day of each calendar month on the terms stated. The tenant agrees that the terms of this tenancy agreement include those deemed to be included by the Residential Tenancy Act of British Columbia. The tenant will pay the rent of $2,600.00 each month by cheque or debit to the landlord on the first [01ST] day of the rental payment period, which due and payable date falls on or before the first [01ST] day of each month, subject to rent increases given in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act of British Columbia. The tenant must pay the rent on time. If the rent is unpaid or late or if the tenant is in arrears in paying the rent, the landlord may issue or serve the tenant a notice to end the residential tenancy that may take effect not earlier than ten [10] days after the date the notice is given or after the tenant receives it.

4. The landlord acknowledges having received from the tenant the sum of $1,300.00, being one half of one month’s rent that the tenant has paid as a security and a damage deposit upon the signing of this agreement.

5. The address for service and the telephone number of the landlord is: xxx-xxx xxxx

6. The landlord may enter the rental unit in order to inspect the rental unit monthly and to carry out any alterations or repairs if at least 24 hours and not more than 30 days before the entry, the landlord gives the tenant a proper written notice of intention to do so.

7. The tenant’s duties shall include responsibility for any damages to the rental unit and its appliances occurring during the tenancy, that are caused directly by the negligence or omission of the tenant, except for reasonable wear and tear, and the tenant shall pay for the repairs. The tenant

PAGE 2 OF 4
must take the necessary steps to repair damage to the rental unit and residential property caused by wilful, intentional, negligent or reckless actions or omissions of the tenant or invited guests of the tenant or persons permitted to live on or occupy the rental unit by the tenant.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

PAGE 2 OF 4
must take the necessary steps to repair damage to the rental unit and residential property caused by wilful, intentional, negligent or reckless actions or omissions of the tenant or invited guests of the tenant or persons permitted to live on or occupy the rental unit by the tenant.

8. The tenant and those for whom he or she is responsible may not interfere with the reasonable enjoyment of living in the building, of the neighbours and other residents of the building. The tenant and company must not cause or create problems or disturbances for the other residents of the building, and any such actions or behaviours on the tenant’s part will be deemed to constitute a material breach of this tenancy agreement.

9. The tenant agrees to keep the premises of the rental unit clean and in a sanitary condition and to remove all garbage, refuse and rubbish at all times. The tenant must maintain ordinary and reasonable health, cleanliness, and sanitary conditions and standards throughout the rental unit and the other residential premises and residential property to which the tenant has access.

10. If the tenant does not comply with the above duties and obligations within the time allotted and required by the Law, as set out in the guidelines of the Residential Tenancy Act, the landlord may discuss the matter with the tenant and may seek a monetary order through arbitration under the Act for the cost of repairs, or serve a notice to end a residential tenancy, or both.

11. Unless the landlord consents in writing, the tenant must not assign his or her interest in this tenancy agreement or sublet the rental unit.

12. The tenant agrees not to use the rental unit for any purpose other than as a residence. Neither the premises nor any part of the premises will be used at any time during the term of this lease by the tenant for the purpose of carrying out any business, profession, or trade of any kind, or for the purpose other than as a private single-family residence.

13. The tenant may not keep any pets, or permit any pets belonging to his guests or visitors, to be kept on the rental unit, including dogs and cats.

14. The tenant must not insert any large nails, hooks or screws [other than small ones] that might damage the rental unit’s walls, ceilings, floors, or woodwork.

15. The tenant agrees that this is a non-smoking rental unit and will not smoke nor allow guests to smoke inside the residential premises.

16. If the number of occupants in the rental unit is unreasonable, the landlord may discuss the issue with the tenant and may serve a notice to end a tenancy.

17. The tenant must not change or add locks or other security devices or other means that give access to his or her rental unit or to common areas of the residential property, unless the landlord consents to the change.

18. The landlord shall not be responsible nor have any liability for the death of, or any personal injury or property damage sustained by the tenant, or anyone living in or visiting the rental unit, however or whenever caused, excepting those as required or obligated by the landlord.

19. Included in rent: water & hot water, natural gas fireplace heating, double underground parking stalls (two [2], [#49 & #50], for two [2] vehicles), stove, oven, refrigerator, dish-washer,
PAGE 3 OF 4
in-suite washer & dryer (free laundry facilities), new Berber carpets, blinds and window coverings, fresh paint work, in-suite storage room, garbage collection and sewage disposal.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

PAGE 3 OF 4
in-suite washer & dryer (free laundry facilities), new Berber carpets, blinds and window coverings, fresh paint work, in-suite storage room, garbage collection and sewage disposal.

20. The tenant may end the month-to-month tenancy by giving at least one calendar month’s notice in writing to the landlord before the rent is due. The landlord must receive the written notice before the day the rent is due and payable in a given month under this tenancy agreement, for the tenant to move out the following month. This notice must include the date the tenancy is to end and must be signed by the tenant. On termination of the tenancy, the tenant shall leave the rental unit and its carpeting and appliances in a reasonably clean condition and in good order and repair, and free of damages, except for reasonable wear and tear, and shall return and deliver to the landlord all of the keys that are in possession and use by the tenant, and that allow access to and within the rental unit and the residential premises. The tenant must vacate the rental unit before 12:00 p.m. (Noon) on the day the tenancy ends.

21. The landlord reserves the right, without being liable under the laws of British Columbia, to issue or serve a notice of termination of tenancy for any reason, for the tenant to vacate the rental unit and premises within a reasonable time.

22. All fines and expenses that are charged by and owed to the Strata Corporation that the tenant, his or her invited guests and visitors, or persons permitted to live in the rental unit by the tenant have incurred, as a result of his or her actions or omissions, by contravention of the bylaws, and which are levied against the strata lot, the suite, the owner landlord, or the tenant, are the responsibility of the tenant, and must be paid either directly to the Strata Corporation, or to the landlord, promptly and on time, when due and payable, by the tenant. Failure by the tenant to comply with this term of the rental agreement constitutes a material breach of this tenancy agreement, whereupon the landlord may serve a notice to terminate the tenancy agreement and to end the residential tenancy.

23. The tenant also understands, and agrees not to contravene the Criminal Code of Canada as a term of this agreement and further understands that commission of or being charged under an offence pursuant to it will be considered a breach of this agreement.

24. Should any part of this residential tenancy agreement be ruled as unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, arbitrator, board, or judge, then for purposes of interpretation and enforcement, each sub-section and paragraph shall be deemed a separate and severable provision, with the balance of provisions remaining in full force and effect.

25. By signing this tenancy agreement and contract, both the landlord and the tenant are legally bound by its terms. The tenant upon signing this agreement understands it and takes full responsibility for all its terms and conditions. The tenant has received a copy of this signed agreement.

26. Additional terms and clauses:

The parties agree and understand that the following are an addendum and an attachment to, form part of, and constitute additional terms, clauses and conditions of this residential tenancy agreement. They are:
PAGE 4 OF 4
(1) Application for rental signed, dated yr 2015; mth January; day 21ST.

(2) Strata Form “K” signed, dated yr 2015; mth January; day 21ST.

(3) The Strata Corporation By-Laws of thirty-four [34] pages, a copy of which the tenant acknowledges receipt of upon signing this agreement.

(4) The current official Residential Tenancy Act of the Province of British Columbia.

(5) The Condominium Act of the Province of British Columbia, as amended from time to time.

(6) The current official Strata Property Act of British Columbia.

(7) The current official Criminal Code of Canada.

27. The tenant has received, read, and signed the rules and attachments to this agreement.

28. The parties agree that they have performed an inspection of this rental unit at #xxx xxxx West Broadway, and found it to be in clean condition, including brand new carpeting, with the entire suite freshly painted, free of damages, with all appliances and utilities fully functional and in good working order, which work was performed before the inspection.

This agreement was dated and entered into at Vancouver, B.C., this 21ST day of January, 2015.

Landlord’s signature:

Tenant’s signature:

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

For example, notice Paragraph 26, above, end of page 3 and continuing on to page 4. My tenant is bound by ALL those rules, ALL those laws, ALL those documents--seven (7) in all, in addition to this agreement.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

PAGE 1 0F 3
APPLICATION FOR RESIDENTIAL TENANCY AND RENTAL FOR THE PREMISES AT:
#XXX-XXXX WEST BROADWAY, VANCOUVER, B.C. V6K 2G2.
[FOR LANDLORD’S USE: REFERENCE AND INFORMATION SHEET].

Date Premises Required: January 01ST, 2019.

PERSONAL INFORMATION:

Applicant’s Full Legal Name [1st, middle, last]: ______________________________________
Social Insurance Number Or Other ID #: __________________________________________
Current [Present] Address [ ] Own [ ] Rent: ________________________________________ _________________________________________________________ Postal Code: _________
Telephone #’s: Home: _____________ Cell: _____________ Bus/Work: _________________ E-Mail: _____________________ Fax: _____________________________________________
Date of Birth: Year ___________ Month __________________________ Day _____________
Drivers License # or Provincial ID [ ]: ____________________ Province\State issued: _____
On: Year _____ Month _____ Day ______ Expires: Year _____ Month: ______ Day: ______
Valid: ___ Yes ____ No Make of Vehicle: ____________________ Model: _______________
Year: ______ Colour: ______________ License #: _________________ Province: _________

FINANCIAL INFORMATION:

Current Employer: _______________________________ Employer Phone #: ____________
Employer’s Address: _______________________________ Contact: ____________________
Occupation: ______________________________________ Time employed: ______________
Annual Salary, Income: ____________ Former Employer: ____________________________
Phone: ____________ Occupation: ____________________ From: __________ To: ________
Bank/Credit Union Name: _______________________ Branch & Address: ______________
Company/Financial Institution: __________________________________________________
Account No: _______________________ Credit Card No: _____________________________

EMERGENCY CONTACT NOTIFICATION INFORMATION:

Name: ___________________________ Next of Kin: _________________________________
Relationship: _________________ Phone #1: _______________ Phone #2: _______________
Address: ______________________________________________________________________

CURRENT LANDLORD OR BUILDING MANAGER INFORMATION:

Current Landlord Name: __________________________ Contact: _____________________
Address: ________________________________________________________ P/C: _________
Telephone: _________________________ Tel #2: ____________________________________
How Long Residing at Current Address: __________ Rent Amount: $________ Reasons for Leaving: ______________________________________________________________________

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

PAGE 2 OF 3
If less than five [5] years at current address, provide previous addresses as follows:

Previous Landlord Name: __________________________ Contact: _____________________
Address: ________________________________________________________ P/C: _________
Telephone: _________________________ Tel # 2 ____________________________________
How Long at This Address: ______________ From: _____________ To: _________________
Monthly Rent: $___________ Reasons for Leaving: __________________________________

Previous Landlord Name: __________________________ Contact: _____________________
Telephone: _________________________ Tel # 2 ____________________________________
How Long at This Address: ______________ From: _____________ To: _________________
Monthly Rent: $___________ Reasons for Leaving: __________________________________

PERSONAL AND FAMILY REFERENCES:

Ref #1 Name: _______________________________ Relationship: ______________________
Telephone: ______________ Tel #2 _______________________________________ Address: ______________________________________________________________________________
Ref #2 Name: _______________________________ Relationship: ______________________
Telephone: _______________ Tel #2 _______________________________________ Address: ______________________________________________________________________________
Referred to Landlord by: ________________________________________________________

Have you ever been evicted as a tenant? ___ Yes ___ No.

Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence? ___ Yes ___ No (If yes, what? ______________________________________________________________________.)

CORRECT INFORMATION:

I, the undersigned, herein known as the applicant, hereby offer to rent the above named residential premises at a monthly rate of $2,600.00. The applicant understands that a security deposit of $1,300.00 is required. By submitting this form, I assert, declare and state that all of the above information and statements provided herein by me in this application are true, correct, complete and accurate, and I consent, for the purpose of determining whether my application for tenancy is acceptable, to the landlord obtaining credit and personal information from whatever reporting agencies are necessary, or all factual or investigative information about me as is necessary with respect to this application. I hereby authorize the person to whom I submit this application to obtain such consumer credit reports or any other information, where and when required, which he may deem necessary
PAGE 3 OF 3
in connection with this tenancy. I authorize the landlord and his agents to contact all available references and to check and verify this information from one or more consumer reporting agencies or from other sources of such information. I authorize the reporting agencies and other persons to disclose and release personal information on me to the landlord and his agent and I allow him to conduct a criminal record search, an evictions search, and to make any other enquiries, as he deems necessary in determining eligibility for tenancy and assessing credit worthiness. I acknowledge and agree that false, incorrect, misleading and misrepresented information herein may constitute grounds for rejection and disqualification of this application and denial of tenancy. The management reserves the right to refuse to consider this application unless all questions contained herein are answered completely and all lines are filled in. The applicant will also be required to present two [2] pieces of identification for verification purposes.

The applicant also agrees and understands that should this application be accepted it would be considered a Material Term of the Tenancy Agreement and page one of the addendum to it. Should the information given herein be found to be false, incorrect, misleading or misrepresented at any time after the rental agreement has been signed and after the commencement of a Tenancy between the parties for the premises named herein, the landlord will issue a Notice to End the Residential Tenancy for said breach and terminate the rental agreement as allowed by the Residential Tenancy Act of British Columbia.

ALL INFORMATION HEREIN IS DEEMED CONFIDENTIAL.

Dated at Vancouver, B.C., this __________ Day of ______________________________, 2019.

Applicant’s Signature:

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Just this application form is so intimidating that it is enough to deter most wrong doers.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Professional, aren't I?
Now what do you suppose a good lawyer would charge for this?
And how good would HIS agreement and application form be?

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

extralegs2014 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:24
J0E wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 20:52 But even if you wrote the most perfect rental agreement, there's no guarantee you'll get perfect tenants. I've met a number of landlords in BC who said their tenants trashed their units costing them thousands if dollars to fix & they couldn't do anything about it.

We know.
The damage a bad tenant can do can easily be ten times the deposit. The landlord will never see that money again. All it takes is one bad tenant.
But this agreement really helps. It puts the Law on my side. If they don't sign, they don't move on to my property. If they do, I've got them. If there is any infraction, all I have to do is to prove my case that they are in material breach of this legal agreement. That will be easy to prove before any arbitrator.
It only takes 10 days to throw out a tenant in B.C. If the rent is unpaid by the 10th of the month, I can legally boot him out.
No. That info is inaccurate.

The tenant can challenge you & drag out the process for several months. its not as simple as they are out in 10.

Meanwhile the tenant could be trashing your place.

And you cant change the locks & throw them out.

This is not the USA.

I had problems with mere roommates.

and when I visited the Residential Tenancy Branch there were several landlords trying to remove tenants but couldnt because the law protected them from immediate removal.

If you havent had a problem tenant yet the u r lucky. But from the stories Ive heard firsthand from the landlords themselves they have not been.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

:byawn:

extralegs2020

I have had problem tenants. In one case it was my own bad judgement, my own fault, my own mistake and my greed. I should have known better than to rent to them.
Room-mates and other landlords are not relevant here. Other landlords DO NOT have this agreement and are not nearly so well covered as I am.
I am different. I am smarter. I know the 'system'. It works on my behalf.
Tenants think the Law favours landlords. Landlords think it favours tenants.
But the Law is fair. It favours him who can PROVE HIS CASE!!!
You do that with documentation and with sworn eyewitness testimony by witnesses, taken under oath, under penalty of perjury.
Those two factors come into play. Think of it: What else IS there? That's ALL that the Law has got to go on.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

mimi wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:54:byawn:
If you had legal trouble, if you needed legal help, you would NOT be yawning.
At that point, this would become a crucially important document for you.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:58
Try establishing a connection with your tenants. Best insurance you can get. People are less likely to deliberately create problems for people they know and like.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

extralegs2014 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:55 I am different. I am smarter. I know the 'system'. It works on my behalf.
You know who says stuff like that? Egomaniacs. Stop boring us.

:purdy:
extralegs2020

mimi wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 22:06
extralegs2014 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:58
Try establishing a connection with your tenants. Best insurance you can get. People are less likely to deliberately create problems for people they know and like.

I do that, too. I have excellent relations with my tenants. That's why they never leave me. I give them outstanding value. They know they will never get a deal like this anywhere else. I am so prompt when anything goes wrong or if they need anything.
Of course, that means all my tenants are long term. They only leave if they have to 'fly back home to Australia', or something. And when they are all long term, it means less rental increases for me. One tenant has been there since 2011 and is paying WAY BELOW market rates.
BUT .... IN CASE anything goes wrong, I am heavily covered with these documents. Read them. See the fine print.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"