India launches lunar lander.

Register accountRead the forum rules
Odinson

Re: India launches lunar lander.

Unread post by Odinson »

"pole" is a poor choice of words in this context..

evs

Unread post by evs »

To the opposite pole? Gimme a break:)

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Jinx. :sneaky:

Of course it’s NOT accidental, you dodo.

~ plaid ~
Vivek_Golikeri

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

Irina wrote: 17 Oct 2019, 19:04 That’s the reason Christianity is the most plausible of religions. Its values are as relevant today as they were 2000+ years ago.
Christianity, the most plausible? Come on, Irina, give me a break! Fairy tales like virgin birth.

evs

Unread post by evs »

are we going to critique the style and metaphors ppl used 2000 years ago? really?

let's instead talk about millions of children in india that go missing every year. nobody even knows the actual number. why? because the indian culture is based on a shit system of values. if you are poor, it's kismet - you deserved it. you are a poor, hungry, illiterate child, available for stealing and used in who knows what way by who knows whom, because, don't you know, in your previous life you were no good. it's kismet.

and why are there no bathrooms in homes in india?? ppl of india are not stupid, they produced the highest number of IT professionals of every nation out there. but they ascribe to SHIT values. there are poor ppl in NA too - but homes have indoor bathrooms. so why such a difference btwn poor here and there? it's kismet, poor don't deserve better in india. and why can't high cast clean their own toilets so they shit openly in the streets, as a friend who visited recently tells me? you guessed it - it's kismet, they were so good in their previous life that they are not meant to clean anything, least of all human shit, even if it's their own. only the lowest cast cleans human shit. the list goes on. savages.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

No response from Vivek. Cept silence is a response too.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

No response!!

~ plaid ~
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Maybe he was abducted and is chained to a wall and dressed as a gimp somewhere in Dade County?

evs

Unread post by evs »

Who knows. He is a tough cookie to break that Vivek.

~ plaid ~
Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

sometimes people don’t respond because

no matter what one says, deconstructs, or conclusively proves

people are just going to go on believing whatever the fuck they want to believe

i had thought about writing a response in this thread as well

but i just said fuck it

i do not have the time

i could write a small thesis on it

only to have some brick-headed cunt here respond with

“that’s not true” and a handful of pure “knowledge” they found on the fucking internet

or in their ass

i come here for fun and id-driven foolishness

and often to vent

not to abide a gut-wrenching stupidity that makes me question the future of the human race

Unless you’ve studied what they have studied and had their experience, why would you expect to get it?
—evs
evs

Unread post by evs »

The reason Vivek is not responding is because he knows I’m right.

Being born or growing up in a culture with shit values is not a criticism of anyone btw, you had no say in it. It’s where and how you choose to live as an adult that counts as your doing and some ppl may judge you on (those who are not afraid of being judgy).

~ plaid ~
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

You’ve never been right in your life. This place needs more posters like Vivek.

Semen
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 03:14 The reason Vivek is not responding is because he knows I’m right.
You didn't read Zeke's post right above yours, did you?

Can't say I blame you, Evvies. Really, who's got the time?

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

2000 year old values... Jesus Christ!

Let me quote Hitch: "When your wife is pregnant and you know it is not you, the most logical explanation is Holy Spirit".

Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

Mad Serb wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 09:25 2000 year old values... Jesus Christ!

Let me quote Hitch: "When your wife is pregnant and you know it is not you, the most logical explanation is Holy Spirit".
all religions are subject to extreme scrutiny in the modern world

plot lines lack continuity

contractual clauses contradict themselves

origin/validity of core documents is questionable

“god” occasionally has difficulty with elementary grammar

and then there is the matter of

interpretation of dreams into sacred knowledge

Unless you’ve studied what they have studied and had their experience, why would you expect to get it?
—evs
extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

Жekko wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 10:38 origin/validity of core documents is questionable

Not in the case of the Qur'an.
Let me make it clear to all:
As far as 99.99 % percent of all books are concerned, there is no argument and no debate about its contents or its text. There may be debate about the interpretation of the texts, and what they mean or imply. But of the texts themselves, it is all clear.
And that holds true for ANY book, any one at all that you could care to mention, any book that you can pick up. Let's take Shakespeare's Hamlet.
Now, there is only ONE Hamlet; not ten of them. Every copy of Hamlet is identical. Every letter, and every punctuation mark, and every single DOT! No one even argues this point--ever. They only argue and debate the meanings of Hamlet.
The Qur'an is one such book. There is only one version, only one original copy, only one text. We have an agreed upon text. There is no confusion on this point. That gives us the basis for "Muslim Unity".
This Book will stand for all time to come.
But there is one big exception to this rule. And that is the very book about which there should have been no debate. The very book that should have had a crystal clear text.
That book is the Bible.
There are so many versions, so many texts, so many copies, so many languages, so many authors, over such a vast stretch of time, that it is all a muddled, hopeless mess!!! There is no text agreed upon by all Christians.
They are constantly quibbling and bickering amongst themselves. Confusion reigns supreme.
It is not just a matter of a different letter here or there; or a word; or a sentence; or a verse; or a chapter. But entire BOOKS of the Bible have been added, deleted, or altered.
The Catholic Douay "Version" has seven (7) entire books in it that are not in the Protestant "Version".
Ironic, isn't it?
Rather easy to discredit Christianity.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Shakespeare is not a good example. Hamlet, for instance, does have its variations.

You'd know this if you'd had a proper education.

extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:07 Shakespeare is not a good example. Hamlet, for instance, does have its variations.

There is only one copy of Hamlet penned by Shakespeare.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
evs

Unread post by evs »

Blurt wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 08:45
Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 03:14 The reason Vivek is not responding is because he knows I’m right.
You didn't read Zeke's post right above yours, did you?

Can't say I blame you, Evvies. Really, who's got the time?
I did and I responded to it. I didn’t for a second think that he referred to my post as gut wrenching stupidity did you blurt? I would assume that if he actually felt that way that he would be more direct as in use the correct pronoun so that I could respond in kind.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

I don’t understand the relevance of your example. Christian values, namely the equality of ppl in the eyes of god and the requirement to love thy neighbour like you love your god are unsurpassed to date.

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

No, it is ISLAM that teaches equality and social justice. I do not see that in Xianity.
That is not the source of MY inspiration. I think it is 'uninspired'.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
evs

Unread post by evs »

extralegs2014 wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 11:50 Rather easy to discredit Christianity.
It is and it isn’t. It really depends on what you are comparing Christianity to. Some imaginary perfect religion you saw in a dream? Sure.

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

Islam is not imaginary; but it is perfect. And it is no idle dream, either.
The music of the Qur'an may be badly played; but the score itself is perfect.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
evs

Unread post by evs »

extralegs2014 wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:29 No, it is ISLAM that teaches equality and social justice. I do not see that in Xianity.
That is not the source of MY inspiration. I think it is 'uninspired'.
Islam teaches extreme subservience to god and it’s debilitatingly prescriptive in the way it dictates common life. Pray 5 times day? Treat women like cattle? All you can do is smuggle drugs and human organs for a living. Which is what Afghanistan and Pakistan gdp seems to rely on. The only exception is Saudi Arabia because it has oil. But wait. That is a limited time offer.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

extralegs2014 wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:32 The music of the Qur'an may be badly played;
Good point. That sound coming from minarets is an atrocity. To my ear.

~ plaid ~
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:23 I didn’t for a second think that he referred to my post as gut wrenching stupidity did you blurt?
No, and I wasn't referring to that post either. I'm talking about what you wrote after Zeke's post. You walked right into that closed door all on your own.
Жekko wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 21:56 no matter what one says, deconstructs, or conclusively proves

people are just going to go on believing whatever the fuck they want to believe

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:22
Blurt wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:07 Shakespeare is not a good example. Hamlet, for instance, does have its variations.

There is only one copy of Hamlet penned by Shakespeare.
Stanford University even offers courses on the different versions of Hamlet "penned by Shakespeare."

https://undergrad.stanford.edu/programs ... ons-hamlet

Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:26

I don’t understand the relevance of your example. Christian values, namely the equality of ppl in the eyes of god and the requirement to love thy neighbour like you love your god are unsurpassed to date.
um

that’s judaism

וְאָֽהַבְתָּ֥ לְרֵֽעֲךָ֖ כָּמ֑וֹךָ

leviticus 19:18

written supposedly 1400 years before jesus existed

but certainly taught by him, as he was a jew

—evs
evs

Unread post by evs »

I don’t see what I walked into. My language sensitivities are not that of yours or el’s. I speak common English the best I can, clearly without the intention to seduce or obscure.

Nowhere did Vivek say what he thinks about Indian values. Meanwhile, I said what I think on the subject. He never came back effectively, in my view, agreeing with me.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Жekko wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 13:01
Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:26

um

that’s judaism

וְאָֽהַבְתָּ֥ לְרֵֽעֲךָ֖ כָּמ֑וֹךָ

leviticus 19:18

written supposedly 1400 years before jesus existed

but certainly taught by him, as he was a jew
Same argument you used against Christianity (disagreements, mess, etc) goes against Judaism. Add to that the exploitation/ exclusion of non-Jews from the economy and constant dictate of jew (the ppl) superiority[sic] and you arrive to the same conclusion I did - that Christianity has superior values.

~ plaid ~