India launches lunar lander.

Register accountRead the forum rules
extralegs2020

Re: India launches lunar lander.

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

Blurt wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:57
extralegs2014 wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:22
Blurt wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 12:07 Shakespeare is not a good example. Hamlet, for instance, does have its variations.

You'd know this if you'd had a proper education.
There is only one copy of Hamlet penned by Shakespeare.
Stanford University even offers courses on the different versions of Hamlet "penned by Shakespeare."

https://undergrad.stanford.edu/programs ... ons-hamlet

I actually HAVE a copy of Hamlet. In fact, I have TWO copies. One is just Hamlet, and the other is in a volume called The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
I can also check any other copy in any other book. I can check copies published for schools to study.
Damned if I can find a difference. Seems identical to me.
Beats the hell out of me.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
extralegs2020

Now there is also, of course, the online text.
See if you can find a difference.
Because I can't.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
evs

Unread post by evs »

Blah-blah..

~ plaid ~
Markus

Unread post by Markus »

Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 13:15Blah-blah..
Alas, poor Irina... a gal of infinite jest and most excellent fancy - she hath bored me with her flak a thousand times.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
Markus

Unread post by Markus »

extralegs2014 wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 13:12 Now there is also, of course, the online text.
See if you can find a difference.
Because I can't.
3 different versions of Hamlet.

Look it up.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 13:05 Same argument you used against Christianity (disagreements, mess, etc) goes against Judaism. Add to that the exploitation/ exclusion of non-Jews from the economy and constant dictate of jew (the ppl) superiority[sic] and you arrive to the same conclusion I did - that Christianity has superior values.
but that’s just it

i did NOT arrive at that conclusion

after spending a lifetime in the church

and even “winning souls to christ”

i’m not sure you’re really very familiar with the bible

once again, from leviticus 19:

The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the home-born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

christianity has no better values than judaism

if anything

because it is historically a religion implemented by power and hegemony

it has indeed defended a european feudal system

and the new testament is no less supportive of sexism, slavery, and intolerance than any other belief system

there are even more issues with the vulgate translations of paul’s letters

but this is not for me to delve into here

go to school

:D

and always remember your own words:

“unless you have studied what they have studied, and had their experience, why would you expect to get it?”

Unless you’ve studied what they have studied and had their experience, why would you expect to get it?
—evs
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

El, if you can't spot the differences between versions of Hamlet, how can you expect to spot the ones between the different versions of the Qur'an?

evs

Unread post by evs »

Thanks for that. I have studied some and have some experience on the subject as do you, I assume and we still arrive to completely different conclusions.

The only thing I take back from my post above is the assumption that you would arrive to the same conclusion as I based on some of the same or similar information. You clearly view the information through your cultural lens and I through mine. For example, you likely consider Jewish elitism and the constant pursuit of non-jew exploitation perfectly acceptable. You picked your religion based on that, just like I picked mine. As a result, you are a jew and I am a Christian. That’s all. At the end of the day, “somebody on the internet is wrong”.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

And in markus’s case, somebody on the internet is an idiot.

In the mean time, I await for Vivek to continue to not respond to the fact that India’s lack of indoor plumbing and child abductions are due to India’s shit values.

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 17:34 El, if you can't spot the differences between versions of Hamlet, how can you expect to spot the ones between the different versions of the Qur'an?

Okay.
I concede.
There are umpteen versions of Hamlet.
So let's just say this:
Aside from the Bible and Hamlet, for all the rest of the books in the World, for about 99.999999999999999999999999999999% of them, there is only one version.
The Qur'an is one of these "OTHER" books!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
evs

Unread post by evs »

Book schmook. Look at Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan. That’s your one original book of Islam - hell on earth.

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 19:20 Book schmook. Look at Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan. That’s your one original book of Islam - hell on earth.

This chick conveniently ignores inconvenient truths--those truths that are inconvenient for her.
Dumb broad!
You think the book doesn't matter? Are we not the 'People of the Book'?
Without the Torah, there is no Judaism.
Without the Old and the New Testaments and the Bible, there is no Christianity.
Without the Qur'an, there is no Islam. (This last one is irrelevant to you.)
So if your Scriptures have not been kept 'pure' and 'true' throughout the millennia, you've got a problem.
It means that you are 'building on sand'. You don't have a leg to stand on.
Briefly, the whole basis of your faith is shot!
Your religion can easily be discredited. That's your 'inconvenient truth'.
HAS your book been kept pure?
I doubt it. Seriously. I don't think so.
So don't spout too many 'Christian values' on here; or I'll shoot you down in flames.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
evs

Unread post by evs »

Broad is your dumb mother, Muslim.

~ plaid ~
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

The problem with "People of the Book" is that they keep putting out revised editions.

Just look at The Joy of Sex.

Vivek_Golikeri

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 18:17 And in markus’s case, somebody on the internet is an idiot.

In the mean time, I await for Vivek to continue to not respond to the fact that India’s lack of indoor plumbing and child abductions are due to India’s shit values.
All depends on what you mean by that cryptic loaded term "shit values." Caste system, arranged marriages, subordinate status of women ----- now those are "shit values." Just as racism, anti-Semitism and anti-immigrant hate in Canada or America are shit values. But India's rotten sanitation has utterly nothing to do with values. It has to do with poverty and underdevelopment.

evs

Unread post by evs »

i beg to differ. values dictate all of that and more.

do you think poverty was or is somehow lesser in the west?? ppl in the west are dying on the streets today because of poverty, yet we all shit like kings. riddle me that.

Edit: also, underdevelopment? So why are ppl underdeveloped? What is preventing them from development or causing them to be underdeveloped? What is it that west has and India hasn’t?

~ plaid ~
cc

Unread post by cc »

extralegs2014 wrote: 01 Nov 2019, 08:18
Irina wrote: 30 Oct 2019, 19:20 Book schmook. Look at Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Afghanistan. That’s your one original book of Islam - hell on earth.

This chick .....

or I'll shoot you down in flames.

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Irina wrote: 17 Nov 2019, 19:01 i bet to differ. values dictate all of that and more.

do you think poverty was or is somehow lesser in the west?? ppl in the west are dying on the streets today because of poverty, yet we all shit like kings. riddle me that.
Talking values seems strange coming from you. Yet you do admire a king here and there.

Semen
evs

Unread post by evs »

Semen you sound confused and things seem strange to you. Are you confused? Are things strange? Tell us all about it.

Gmorning.

~ plaid ~
Seamajor

Spending the the Thanksgiving week in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. It’s a it different than CR. Way more first world, yet a beautiful colonial city. I love anything different. Maybe that’s what you would call strange. Anyway another Irina assumption. Different is great.

Semen
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Irina wrote: 17 Nov 2019, 19:01 ppl in the west are dying on the streets today because of poverty, yet we all shit like kings. riddle me that.
A possible explanation: the Puritan influence. Surely you can't be referring to European countries as weĺl when you talk about "the West" in this regard? Some of the most "ethically advanced" nations in Europe have washrooms worthy of Third World shit holes (and I mean that literally).

No, the Puritans brought their disdain for the human body and their pathological prudishness with them when they came to the New World. Bodily functions, whether related to sex or evacuation, were sanitized and privatized out of shame and misplaced piety. It's like they were saying, "we don't shit and we don't fuck; we are people of God." They made their bedroom a water closet and their water closets a throne. Their being wealthy or destitute had little bearing on their cult of asepticism. This is what Christian values do, after all; if cleanliness is next to godliness, you have to shit in a high quality ceramic receptacle while the godless peasants in the rest of the world can shit in a hole in the ground.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Blurt wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 08:28 Surely you can't be referring to European countries as weĺl when you talk about "the West" in this regard? Some of the most "ethically advanced" nations in Europe have washrooms worthy of Third World shit holes (and I mean that literally).
Very true, but get this - there ARE bathrooms, both in public and ppl’s homes. They do exist!! Ppl don’t shit on streets unless they are deranged or having a bad case of diarrhoea.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Irina wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 08:35 Bodily functions, whether related to sex or evacuation, were sanitized and privatized out of shame and misplaced piety. It's like they were saying, "we don't shit and we don't fuck; we are people of God." They made their bedroom a water closet and their water closets a throne. Their being wealthy or destitute had little bearing on their cult of asepticism. This is what Christian values do, after all; if cleanliness is next to godliness, you have to shit in a high quality ceramic receptacle while the godless peasants in the rest of the world can shit in a hole in the ground.
Actually, well said, sarcasm notwithstanding. I agree:)

~ plaid ~
Seamajor

Blurt wrote: 23 Jul 2019, 20:51 How often have you been there, Odie? And where in India?
How about you Blurt? You talk about third world shit holes as if you’re familiar with a few, or not?

Semen
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

The only place I've been to, east of Paris and west of Vancouver, is India. I've also been south... Bahamas, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Saint Martin's, New Jersey.

I went to India half a dozen times, mostly in the western and northwestern part of the country. Marble bathrooms, for the most part.

extralegs2020

I was once an 'India traveller'. It was the 'thing to do' in those days.
Hippies (of which I tried to be one, at one time), found it fashionable to go East, in search of wisdom.
Eastern philosophies and Eastern religions were 'all the rage' in some quarters.
"Wisdom of the East", and all that. Plus all that bunk, all that New Age sewage, that went with it. All those cliches and 'catch phrases'.
What a load of droppings!
I made a very poor hippie. I got my hair cut a long time ago, and I straightened out.
But while I was there, I indulged myself heavily in hashish and cannabis.
That was a long time ago. I sobered up.
Now the whole thing looks like a lot of stupidity. That counter culture was an abortion. I should have been glad that I was never a part of it. But I was on the 'younger end' of the baby boomers, and so I was naive and impressionable.
Basically, I got 'sucked in'.
This was before I accepted Islam. Then the World changed for me. Everything changed.
It was all the way back--back from a Western religion, to Eastern religions, and then back again to a Western one:
Al Islam.

Here endeth the autobiography lesson.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Thanks for sharing, El. It's been a long, strange trip, hasn't it?

Having said this, it may be the case that you left the Eastern traditions behind before their teachings on egolessness had sunk in.

extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 18 Nov 2019, 11:07 Thanks for sharing, El. It's been a long, strange trip, hasn't it?

Having said this, it may be the case that you left the Eastern traditions behind before their teachings on egolessness had sunk in.

These adventures and episodes in a person's life all go into making hir the sort of person (s)he finally becomes.
In my case, I am a great Master.
In Blurt's case, she would become a great Mistress.
It's what your life has made of you as a person; it's what kind of a person you have become.
It's a journey. A person who has done everything has to do this as well, even if this was a blind alley. Even if it was a false trail, it was still part of my growth and my searching for truth and knowledge.

And you?
What has your life made of you?
What kind of a person have you become?
Do tell.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

So, after having done such an enormous amount in my life, I wonder when I shall ever finish.
The answer is:
NEVER!
Nobody ever finishes, not even Christ or Buddha.
You can never come to the end of Infinity.
If you go a trillion light years, if you have a trillion initiations, you are no closer to the end than when you started.
So many, many times in my life I have said: "That's it! I am all done."
And every single time I was wrong. There was still more left to do. I was unfinished. There was something that I had overlooked or missed. Something more that needed doing.
Like I posted before, I did my Hajj, I made my last will, and I completed my funeral and burial arrangements.
Am I done yet?
Nope.
There is always one (or two, or three) things left to do.
And when those are done, there is always ANOTHER one, two or three things left.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Digging for PI, are you?

I hope thoughts of me don't keep you awake at night, my Master El.

What has the path I've trodden brought me? How have my steps in the world changed me?

I've taken a shine to the life of the mind. I'm a lonely prospector, panning for chips and nuggets of wisdom in the river of the world.

I've learned to laugh at myself first, and then laugh at the universe.

I've understood that the universe and I are one.

Finally, it's dawned on me that eating street food in Old Delhi is a bad idea.