Flutterby

Grocery Stores Closing 8pm in VAncity

Unread post by Flutterby »

Normally open till 10 or 11.

No public info on this yet.

Lochdubh

Re: Grocery Stores Closing pm in VAncity

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Donald's market (Hastings/sunrise) is limiting the number of customers allowed in the store to encourage social distancing, eliminating the charge for plastic bags, and requiring customers who bring reusable bags to pack their own purchases.

mimi

Re: Grocery Stores Closing 8pm in VAncity

Unread post by mimi »

Lochdubh wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 20:40 Donald's market (Hastings/sunrise) is limiting the number of customers allowed in the store to encourage social distancing, eliminating the charge for plastic bags, and requiring customers who bring reusable bags to pack their own purchases.
I feel encouraged when I hear about businesses and companies, (or anybody) who pays attention to THESE kinds of less obvious details.

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Bought some groceries this week.

Got home, washed the fruit, washed the veggies, washed the yogurt containers, washed the salad dressing bottles, washed the tuna cans, washed the bag of chips, washed the Coke bottles, washed the pack of cigarettes, took the cereal bags out of the boxes and discarded the boxes.

In the spring of 2020, shopping for food is an experience.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Buying bulk is out of the question.

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Went to Thrifty's. Bulk section is closed, off limits.

Arrows taped to the floor in every aisle indicating the direction carts should be circulating.

Cop car parked outside the store's main entrance, cops keeping an eye on things.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Wow. :(

I haven't been near a grocery store for a month.

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Yes, I try to limit my visits there, too.

And no more bopping around the different chains for the best deals; go local and then go home.

Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

mimi wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 20:48
Lochdubh wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 20:40 … requiring customers who bring reusable bags to pack their own purchases.
I feel encouraged when I hear about businesses and companies, (or anybody) who pays attention to THESE kinds of less obvious details.
We've been on that from the get-go, pretty much.

roll me up and smoke me when I die
Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

Blurt wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 06:40 Went to Thrifty's. Bulk section is closed, off limits.

Arrows taped to the floor in every aisle indicating the direction carts should be circulating.

Cop car parked outside the store's main entrance, cops keeping an eye on things.
Yes, all self-serve food was shut down last week. No salad bar, no hot bar in deli, no bulk foods and no donuts, bagels and rolls in the bakery.

We have the taped lanes and arrows on the front end. LOL

This is the Central Scrutinizer. Again. If you are shopping, please stay in the lane closest to the aisles. If you are checking out, please stay in the lane closest to the registers and line up in the proper direction.

We haven't had any cops parked out front but it's not really necessary.

roll me up and smoke me when I die
9 incher/160 IQ

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

Supervalu at foist and commoicial still open 24/7. Did a grocery shopping spree there at 3 am this morning. Only a couple other shoppers in the store. Was nice.

Fuc# 0ff.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

For me, it's not just about how many people are currently in the store...it's about who touched what....who sneezed around this, that or the other thing. Personally....I prefer to just challenge myself to make due with what I have on hand. Perfectly do-able, minus a few things I'd like to have. But nothing that we can't live without.