I've changed my mind about the shape of the earth...

Register accountRead the forum rules
Seamajor

Re: I've changed my mind about the shape of the earth...

Unread post by Seamajor »

You’re in the dark alright. Nothing new. :(

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

don't do this to yourself.... not today.... not here.... i take no joy from rolling your stupidity up and smacking you on the nose with it.... you're outclassed here.... by everyone.... you are without a doubt the most ignorant bitch that ever strung a post up here.... perhaps you could find a forum of Leggo enthusiasts and flaunt your intellectual superiority.... but here, you're simply the village idiot.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Seamajor

Sure thing :thumbdown: Is the earth still flat? Still leaving loaded guns around for your gaggle of kids? Who stupid? You prove you stupidity here daily.

deadskinmask

lol.... oh, you.... you should really consider proofreading your posts before calling 'other peoples intelligence' into question.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
evs

Unread post by evs »

Who says he doesn’t proofread?:)

~ plaid ~
deadskinmask

Irina wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 06:33 Who says he doesn’t proofread?:)
yeah.... good point.... :(

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

deadskinmask wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 16:22...
seems to be some discrepancy there.... skip to 38.06 and see for yourself.... :(

:D :D :D
:( :( :(

Looks to me like you're cherry-picking.

From the same source... skip to 1:19

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

MARKUS wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 11:43Looks to me like you're cherry-picking.
i fail to see that as 'cherry picking'.... i was simply using the leader of your science cult to telll you that you did not see the 'curve'.... thats all.... now you were either mistaken or lying.... or hes fuckin lying.... and i know hes a liar.... but i also know 'you do not see a curve at 40,000 feet'.... as for easier to just 'go to the moon'.... do you understand what a firmament is? nasa certainly does.... look up Operation Fishbowl in your spare time.... we are not leaving earth.... ever.... and i still think you're cool.... believe as you wish..... :(

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

deadskinmask wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 11:59
MARKUS wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 11:43Looks to me like you're cherry-picking.
i fail to see that as 'cherry picking'.... i was simply using the leader of your science cult to telll you that you did not see the 'curve'.... thats all.... now you were either mistaken or lying.... or hes fuckin lying.... and i know hes a liar.... but i also know 'you do not see a curve at 40,000 feet'.... as for easier to just 'go to the moon'.... do you understand what a firmament is? nasa certainly does.... look up Operation Fishbowl in your spare time.... we are not leaving earth.... ever.... and i still think you're cool.... believe as you wish..... :(
I'm quite familiar with Fishbowl, Paperclip and whatever else but fail to see the relevance of how a series of atmospheric nuclear detonations determines the shape of the Earth or an elevation limit.

The curvature of the Earth is perceptible (barely) if:
at an elevation above 35,000 or more,
have a 60 degree view,
have good eye sight,
have a cloudless horizon.
Fact.

I can detect the curvature of the Earth while sitting at the beach if there are boats on the horizon.
Fact.
I could probably infer the radius of the Earth if I knew the size of the boat and its distance.

"we are not leaving Earth". Who is we? Humans, dogs, monkeys, fish...

There has been 102 unmanned space launches in 2019 alone, many of which have flown-by or orbited other planets in our solar system. Voyager 2 launched in 1977 is now beyond our solar system and it did provide, back in the 80s, magnificent pictures of Jupiter's Red Spot, the same red spot Galileo saw using Hans Lippershey's invention back in 1610, the same red spot I can see with my own eyes, aided with a telescope of course.

Impress your grand-kids and buy yourself a quality Newtonian Reflector telescope, join an astronomy club and attend star parties. They will love you even more.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

MARKUS wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 13:04I can detect the curvature of the Earth while sitting at the beach if there are boats on the horizon.
i would love tearing this whole post apart.... i see red every time ppl bring up ships on the water or video from unmanned space craft.... and don't even get me started on shooting nukes in the sky and calling it 'fishbowl'.... but the simple fact is - nobody here is gonna see my point and discussing it goes nowhere.... and i'm currently trying to patch things up with someone i like and respect.... so i'm just gonna say 'we apparently have very different opinions and i'm ok with that'.... :(

Seamajor

Irina wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 06:33 Who says he doesn’t proofread?:)
Sometimes I forget, and my spelling isn’t as good as my math. Just wanted to say :thumbup: on your new avatar. Looks like a typical hooker in the Guanacaste, especially the hair. One of your better ones actually.

Skipper

Unread post by Skipper »

And you are a asshat

Markus

Unread post by Markus »

deadskinmask wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 13:15
MARKUS wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 13:04I can detect the curvature of the Earth while sitting at the beach if there are boats on the horizon.
i would love tearing this whole post apart.... i see red every time ppl bring up ships on the water or video from unmanned space craft.... and don't even get me started on shooting nukes in the sky and calling it 'fishbowl'.... but the simple fact is - nobody here is gonna see my point and discussing it goes nowhere.... and i'm currently trying to patch things up with someone i like and respect.... so i'm just gonna say 'we apparently have very different opinions and i'm ok with that'.... :(
You've torn apart this topic many times in the past already. But tearing down someone's post and tearing down verifiable facts are two different things.

Are you suggesting my own eyes are deceiving me? I SEE the curvature of the Earth when on a plane. I SEE the ISS go by every time I decide to look for it by simply consulting the ISS schedule. I'll be watching the ISS go by later on, in the early AM, like I have many times in the past.

How can you dispute something you can see with your own eyes. I just don't understand where you're coming from. Or maybe I do understand and don't want to confront you with it.

ISS Location for my area.
Wed Jul 8, 3:09 AM
Duration:5 min
Appears: 22° above WSW
Disappears: 12° above E

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
deadskinmask

Skipper wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 16:27 And you are a asshat
he doesn't read very well so he probably thinks you called him an 'asset'.... i suspect he'll probably say 'thanks'.... :D

deadskinmask

MARKUS wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 16:30You've torn apart this topic many times in the past already. But tearing down someone's post and tearing down verifiable facts are two different things.
those days are over for me, partner.... i'm hanging up my spurs.... i've looked into perspective, field of view, ranges and all of it.... i understand how things can look a certain way without being a certain way.... i'm fine with whatever opinion you hold.... be where you are and do what you do.... you'll find no argument here.... :(

deadskinmask

as for 'watching the iss go by'.... i've read about several ways they could do it.... ironically enough, the US holds the patent for all of them.... but thats probably just a coincidence and they could very well be floating around up there.... who knows.... i don't because i'm not an astroNOT.... :(

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

"I've looked into... I've read... I've done my own research... I verified for myself..."

Translation: "I watched some videos on YouTube."

Flat Earther claims and "experiments" fly in the face of KNOWN facts, are not peer-reviewed, and are unreproduceable and/or unverifiable.

I agree with you, Skinz, that it's probably best not to argue these things with people, for the same reason that arguing about religious convictions is pointless when it comes to the nature of the real world. One man's Heaven is another man's stratosphere. Nothing wrong with that... except when you start including Heaven in science textbooks, shooting abortion clinic doctors, and carrying placards at military funerals proclaiming that "God Hates F.ags." Then, the shape of the world starts to matter.

deadskinmask

peer reviewed means 'religious leaders decide the validity of religious texts'.... nothing more.... did you know a scene from a sci fi movie was written word for word and submitted as a joke and approved for publication.... peer reviewed doesn't mean fuckall, partner.... but thats not my concern.... :(

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Oh? The "Scientism" bugbear again? A Flat Earth talking point. C'mon, Skinz. I know you can do better. I have faith in you

deadskinmask

no, partner.... i'm seriously over it.... enjoy your vaxx, enjoy your chip, enjoy your artificial food.... i really don't care what happens to you folks at this point.... :(

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Fair enough.