Bible trivia, bibical archaeological finds & everything bible thread.

Register accountRead the forum rules
Berry Sweet

Re: Bible trivia, bibical archaeological finds & everything bible thread.

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Those aren't false prophets. A prophet is a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.

This would be an example of a false prophet..

:purdy:
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Like these money grubbing God types. God is guilt.

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

"Creflo Dollar". Such a divine name

Berry Sweet

Those are pastors, not prophets. I do agree what they are doing is wrong. Majority of them are in it for the money or some kind of power.

A megachurch pastor has been arrested for sexual assault in Hamilton. A pastor ( Bruxy Cavey ) at one of Canada's largest megachurches has been arrested and charged with sexual assault by Hamilton police after an external investigation concluded he allegedly abused his power and sexually harassed a parishioner.

Bruxy Caveys trial started Feb 2024.

"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." Matthew 24:5

Even with warnings Jesus gave us, people are so easily duped. Humans really are a serious problem, something Devine could happen right infornt of them, everyone witnesses it, but yet they still don't believe.
Just like the Israelites leaving Egypt...God was with them the entire time...He was pillar of cloud by day and of fire by night (Exodus 13:21)...they saw this with their own eyes and they complained about it and built a golden calf to worship it. No wonder none of them deserved to enter the promised land.

The bible tells us in the end, we will change in the twinkling of an eye..we will meet the Lord in the clouds. This will one day happen...some people all around the world will go missing...many will see this with their own eyes...they'll literally see people just vanish before their eyes....even tho a written warning from thousands of years ago told us this (and what it's about) and people still won't believe it...they'll think the aliens took people...along with with a bunch of other messed up stories. It's hard to talk about something that hasn't happened yet...but we are all warned and given info to understand...but people won't want to.

Seamajor

Seamajor wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 14:11 Creflo Dollar". Such a divine name
:rolleyes: Can’t be his real name?

soon

Unread post by soon »

i was going to call it his hiphop name until i googled him and realized it might come out wrong.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
soon

Unread post by soon »

Berry Sweet

We were warned not to worship false idols.

"You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below." "You shall not bow down or worship them" Exodus 20:3-5

soon

Unread post by soon »

if we're going to anthropomorphize god then we should at least admit god might bee amused by our antics. i know i would be if i saw my creations trying to create their own lobster god.

Berry Sweet

soon wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 18:46 if we're going to anthropomorphize god then we should at least admit god might bee amused by our antics. i know i would be if i saw my creations trying to create their own lobster god.
It makes Him jealous...and probably angry.

Their idols are silver and gold,
the work of human hands.
5 They have mouths, but do not speak;
eyes, but do not see.
6 They have ears, but do not hear;
noses, but do not smell.
7 They have hands, but do not feel;
feet, but do not walk;
and they do not make a sound in their throat.
8 Those who make them become like them;
Psalm 115:4-8

Deuteronomy states the punishment for this is death by stoning.

Seamajor

Gold and Silver :thumbup:

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

soon wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 15:10 i was going to call it his hiphop name until i googled him and realized it might come out wrong.

Don't be timid.....it would have been spot-on. :D

soon

Unread post by soon »

i don't see how anyone can believe in zionism in this day and age. personally i would love to see a poll.
"I don't believe you have to be a Jew to be a Zionist, and I am a Zionist."

- joe biden

soon

Unread post by soon »

i mean, isn't that the question that should bee on everyones lips? presumably it's why the united states will always have israel's back no matter how messed up things get over there.

Mad Serb

Support has very little to do with messiness.

soon

Unread post by soon »

the funniest headline i've seen so far is when some israeli 'news'paper pondered the question, what would donald trump do?

soon

Unread post by soon »

i thought i should do a little digging while you pondered and i found some more questions since we all seem to believe in zionism since we all seem to bee a literal bunch. in the meantime here are some other questions that have been pondered.
As we read through the Hebrew Scriptures and pray God’s promises over His people, it’s hard not to wonder about Jews and Gentiles. Are we, the Gentiles, in God’s plan too? When we read and interpret the Bible literally, we can see that there are many promises in Scripture. However, God originally gave most of those promises to the Jews rather than Gentiles. So it is a painful issue: are we, the non-Jews, anywhere in the Bible?

https://firmisrael.org/learn/the-relati ... scripture/

Mad Serb

Fortunately we live in a secular society

Berry Sweet

soon wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 12:48 i thought i should do a little digging while you pondered and i found some more questions since we all seem to believe in zionism since we all seem to bee a literal bunch. in the meantime here are some other questions that have been pondered.
As we read through the Hebrew Scriptures and pray God’s promises over His people, it’s hard not to wonder about Jews and Gentiles. Are we, the Gentiles, in God’s plan too? When we read and interpret the Bible literally, we can see that there are many promises in Scripture. However, God originally gave most of those promises to the Jews rather than Gentiles. So it is a painful issue: are we, the non-Jews, anywhere in the Bible?

https://firmisrael.org/learn/the-relati ... scripture/
I love the old testament and knowing what God is about. However, this is why Jesus came and died for us. Jesus died for our sins. Because of Him, we no longer need to go to a priest about God...when Jesus died, the veil teared, meaning no earthly priest is needed to beg for our forgiveness. Anyone may enter God's presence by way of Jesus' blood, shed to pay the wages of our sins.

Because of this, there is no particular chosen people anymore...it's open to everyone who believes and prays thru Jesus.

Berry Sweet

The most important part of this scene is the veil tearing..

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Berry Sweet wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 13:35
soon wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 12:48 i thought i should do a little digging while you pondered and i found some more questions since we all seem to believe in zionism since we all seem to bee a literal bunch. in the meantime here are some other questions that have been pondered.

I love the old testament and knowing what God is about. However, this is why Jesus came and died for us. Jesus died for our sins. Because of Him, we no longer need to go to a priest about God...when Jesus died, the veil teared, meaning no earthly priest is needed to beg for our forgiveness. Anyone may enter God's presence by way of Jesus' blood, shed to pay the wages of our sins.

Because of this, there is no particular chosen people anymore...it's open to everyone who believes and prays thru Jesus.
A very Protestant view, Ber. It's a Gift.

A friend of mine sees this final scene from Zhivago as an almost perfect metaphor for the human relationship with God.

soon

Unread post by soon »

what kind of authority did jesus really have to say what he was saying. i mean, wasn't jesus just one sect leader among many? anyway, if i were around back then i would bee questioning it too.
John the Baptist had been sent as a messenger to prepare the way for God’s Son, Jesus, the Messiah. John suffered just as the Messiah would suffer. Jesus had come to announce a new covenant promise to replace the old covenant that had been broken between God and Israel.

https://www.cru.org/us/en/train-and-gro ... tiles.html

Mad Serb

Berry Sweet wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 13:43 The most important part of this scene is the veil tearing..

I understand this is the archive footage of Christ's execution?

Berry Sweet

Mad Serb wrote: 15 Mar 2024, 09:51 I understand this is the archive footage of Christ's execution?
I love that scene, it's so intense.

"Behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent." This curtain separated the second room called the Holy of Holies from the first room, the Holy Place." Matthew 27:51

The earth was also darkened for 3 hours.

Berry Sweet

This is awesome and informative

weebles2

Unread post by weebles2 »

soon wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 15:20 Image
That god would taste good steamed with some clarified butter and dash of lemon. :D