British properties condos asian ban

Register accountRead the forum rules
Skipper

British properties condos asian ban

Unread post by Skipper »

Good for them the properties should be for anglo saxons only

I was very angry': Racist clause remains on land title for British Properties home
West Vancouver council promised two years ago to see what could be done about removing the racist language. Michele Tung was upset to find it on the land title to her British Properties home.

Author of the article:Lori Culbert
Published May 06, 2022 • Last updated May 27, 2022 • 4 minute read
42 Comments

Michele Tung (left) and Stembile Chibebe. Tung and her husband are building a home in the British Properties. West Van city hall said she had to get a copy of a "special covenant" attached to her property from the land title office in New Westminster before she could get a building permit. That covenant said that her property could not be owned by anyone of Asian or African descent. West Van council promised two years ago to take action against these racist covenants, and Tung is upset they are still attached to properties. PHOTO BY FRANCIS GEORGIAN /PNG
Article content
A West Vancouver woman says she was infuriated to find racist language still exists on her home ownership documents, two years after the district vowed to take action to strike out these “discriminating covenants.”

Sargent Smellibitz

Re: British properties condos asian ban

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

Asian descent or Asian citizenship?

I can't imagine anybody born and raised in Canada with no other citizenship would be barred from home ownership.

I'd like to see the fine print on this one.

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

There were tens of thousands properties in Greater Vancouver with such clauses, added back in times when that was permissible, or tolerated. They were made invalid by court, but old paperwork still remained buurried in municipal archives. There is no point going thru them all and rewriting the documents. People need to chill.

soon

Unread post by soon »

the british properties were brought to you by guinness. it was a private wonderland where all your neighbors were wasps. a place of beauty where all other ethnicities and religions need not apply.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.