Absolute WORST household chore

Register accountRead the forum rules
Mad Serb

Re: Absolute WORST household chore

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Common decency prevents me to saying what would come out if you were to bust...

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

i already know.... and my girlfriend says it tastes like salty bleach water.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
deadskinmask

i'm about to fire up the grill.... yall have a good day and try not to inject yourselves full of whatever they have on hand.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Enjoy!

deadskinmask

my ribs were amazing.... as always.... and coleslaw with a little wasabi is something you need to try before you die.... :(

GranpaP

Unread post by GranpaP »

deadskinmask wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 16:16 .... when i was "a merry chap without a care in the world", i relied on the constitution and my rights.... didn't give a shit about politics....
Wasn't the American Constitution written and signed by politicians?
Your rights are given to you by the political activity of governing men.
Am I wrong?

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

You're wrong.

weebles

Unread post by weebles »

Crop Dusting :D :p

deadskinmask

GranpaP wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 01:44
deadskinmask wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 16:16 .... when i was "a merry chap without a care in the world", i relied on the constitution and my rights.... didn't give a shit about politics....
Am I wrong?
yes.... you're wrong.... regardless of who "signed" it, our rights are God-given and they function with ABSOLUTE equality.... meaning that by us observing the rights of others enforces the protection of our own.... its an invisible barrier that allows us to disagree.... when one persons rights are violated, its our job to stop and come together as a people to say "whoa, motherfucker. thats far enough. back up or we respond".... :(

GranpaP

Unread post by GranpaP »

deadskinmask wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 04:55
GranpaP wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 01:44 ...
Am I wrong?
yes.... you're wrong.... regardless of who "signed" it, our rights are God-given and they function with ABSOLUTE equality.... meaning that by us observing the rights of others enforces the protection of our own.... its an invisible barrier that allows us to disagree.... when one persons rights are violated, its our job to stop and come together as a people to say "whoa, motherfucker. thats far enough. back up or we respond".... :(
Yes, I understand.
God gave us our fundamental rights and they cannot be taken away by government.
The Charter of Freedoms (in Canada) and The Constitution and Bill of Rights Rights (in USA),
often considered the foundational law of the land, aren't at the origin of your human and civil rights.
Got it.

None-the-less, 'believers' will acknowledge that the very existence of God cannot be proven and this claim leaves me in a most unsettling position: my most precious rights are apparently flowing from an entity whose existence can reasonably be doubted. Even believers acknowledge that faith, as opposed to verifiable evidence, is the basis of their belief. That's fine for one's personal religious outlook, but why would I feel that my cherished human rights and civil rights are more secure if they arise from a source that may not even exist?

God-given rights appeal even to me who isn't particularly religious. After all, it’s nice to have a philosophical basis for the view that government can’t deny our God-given rights. Unfortunately, the entire argument falls apart under scrutiny, and in fact, it can more accurately be understood as a disingenuous attempt to promote religion while doing nothing to explain or secure anyone’s rights. "Our rights are God given and cannot be taken away by government" is an argument not intended as a defense of human rights or civil rights, but as a means of promoting the religious, social, and political views of those who assert it.

Despite the religious rhetoric, the sobering reality is that the legal existence of rights requires not a deity, but human political action. Without the framers creating the Bill of Rights and etching them into law, fundamental freedoms such as free speech, religious freedom, due process, etc., would not exist. Credit God for rights if you wish, pontificate all you want about their heavenly origins, but only human action can make liberty real.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights, drafted about a decade after the Declaration, make no mention of God.
The truth is that human progress developed the concept of rights that we appreciate today.
There is not even the slimmest of evidence that God had anything to do with it.

The ultimate source of authority is contained in the Constitution's preamble: "We the People".
Rather than relying on God (or God's most visible public advocates) to defend rights, those who truly value freedom should realize that the defense of rights belongs with their real source: rational, compassionate, engaged, and vigilant human beings.

deadskinmask

GranpaP wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 14:03Yes, I understand.
God gave us our fundamental rights and they cannot be taken away by government.
The Charter of Freedoms (in Canada) and The Constitution and Bill of Rights Rights (in USA), often considered the foundational law of the land, aren't at the origin of your human and civil rights. Got it.
our God-given rights aren't subject to any government entity.... they exist with or without "human permissions".... we need only recognize them and use this recognition as call to arms that unites us and rallies us to stand in unison against the transgressor.... a violation against one is a violation against all.... :(
None-the-less, 'believers' will acknowledge that the very existence of God cannot be proven and this claim leaves me in a most unsettling position: my most precious rights are apparently flowing from an entity whose existence can reasonably be doubted. Even believers acknowledge that faith, as opposed to verifiable evidence, is the basis of their belief. That's fine for one's personal religious outlook, but why would I feel that my cherished human rights and civil rights are more secure if they arise from a source that may not even exist?
its a gift from God.... just like free will is a gift.... He doesn't gift you expecting anything in return.... He gifted you because He loves you and He wants you to love Him as well.... if He just wanted unconditional love and acceptance, He could have just as easily programmed us like robots.... i see "evidence of God" everywhere i look.... i guess its because i know what i'm looking for.... and i suppose you don't see it because you have no idea what you're looking for.... :(
God-given rights appeal even to me who isn't particularly religious. After all, it’s nice to have a philosophical basis for the view that government can’t deny our God-given rights. Unfortunately, the entire argument falls apart under scrutiny, and in fact, it can more accurately be understood as a disingenuous attempt to promote religion while doing nothing to explain or secure anyone’s rights. "Our rights are God given and cannot be taken away by government" is an argument not intended as a defense of human rights or civil rights, but as a means of promoting the religious, social, and political views of those who assert it.
you're correct in a sense.... rights do require "human assertion".... when we fail to protect the rights of one, ours in turn become weaker.... and protecting the rights of others requires a certain level of trust as well.... i'm not gonna be as keen to defend one mans rights when i already know he doesn't give a flying fuck about mine.... the Bible and the Constitution are highly compatible and would provide the greatest of protection and happiness if they were followed as a baseline for society.... :(
Despite the religious rhetoric, the sobering reality is that the legal existence of rights requires not a deity, but human political action. Without the framers creating the Bill of Rights and etching them into law, fundamental freedoms such as free speech, religious freedom, due process, etc., would not exist. Credit God for rights if you wish, pontificate all you want about their heavenly origins, but only human action can make liberty real.
did oxygen exist before some fella "discovered" it? did water exist before some poor guy drowned in it? our rights have always existed and will continue to exist even after no one recognizes them.... they don't require God because they were a gift.... they simply require acknowledgement and equal respect.... and equal respect requires trust.... :(
The Constitution and the Bill of Rights, drafted about a decade after the Declaration, make no mention of God. The truth is that human progress developed the concept of rights that we appreciate today. There is not even the slimmest of evidence that God had anything to do with it.
belief in God is a choice.... a choice that was given to you.... why would He go around signing His name to everything or "doing world tours and interviews explaining how rights work and why you have em" if He wanted you to have the option of "not believing"? He gave them to us with unconditional love and trust with the hope that we would use them to the best of our ability.... and just as we squandered our original birthright away for want of an apple, we are trading our rights away for an empty promise of "safety".... :(
The ultimate source of authority is contained in the Constitution's preamble: "We the People". Rather than relying on God (or God's most visible public advocates) to defend rights, those who truly value freedom should realize that the defense of rights belongs with their real source: rational, compassionate, engaged, and vigilant human beings.
God never offered to defend them.... God gave us the rights and the ability to defend them.... God will give you the strength to defend them.... God will give you the desire to defend them.... God will give you all the tools required to maintain them with or without believing in Him.... but He cannot change weak men that refuse to accept His divine intervention.... i have the strength and desire to keep mine.... the loss of yours will certainly weaken mine.... but that only means my defense will need to be stronger than it was before.... this is the hill i die on.... i will not be a slave.... :(

weebles

Unread post by weebles »

Get a Room :D :p

asal

Unread post by asal »

I get emails from Sunkist. They have great recipes on their website.

I have a stuck sticker on my new microwave, so I'll try this lemon peel sticker remover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkWZ9dHPsoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkmV9mnUTC4

Get in on it.
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Loading filling and unloading 4 5 gallon water bottles. Every 2 weeks.