Half a chipmunk on my patio.

Register accountRead the forum rules
Lochdubh

Half a chipmunk on my patio.

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Yep.
.5 of a"munk" discovered upon my return from an appointment......just lying there in front of by 6'by6'8" two panel inswing glass door.
Something chomped it....bigly. Usually the arse is missing....or the head, but today's corpse has a big bite taken out including the top of the head and part of the dorsal plane.
Could it have been a bird of prey, or maybe foxy-loxy ? Why was it only partially consumed?

The azaleas are in full bloom.....kinda a banner year for them, but the lawn has not been mown because of my affinity for a meadow of wildflowers rather than a monocultural nod toward suburbia. The bees and butterflies enjoy the bosky nature of a bio-diverse cornucopia. :flower:

Edward

Re: Half a chipmunk on my patio.

Unread post by Edward »

I still haven't got my Geraniums started. My grandfather likes to go the nursery so I will bring him shopping for flowers this weekend.

I found an eaten woodpecker recently at the house in the Okanagan. There was only feather and part of a wing left. I'd seen the pecker around for a few days before I found the remains.

Winning.
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Circle of Life.................the garden has so much to teach us.

No-Mow April leading into No-Mow May?

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Eagles and turkey vultures STILL disposing of the dead sea lion on the beach. It's been super interesting trying to figure out the hierarchy of the eagles and vultures. But their territorial games aside...watching our daily locals of eagles family squabbles is interesting as well. And often times, the vultures are on the carcass while 8 or 9 eagles sit and wait. Seems odd or unexpected somehow.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Last year when I finally got to go home after the hospital, I wasn't very good at being mobile at the time...during the day I'd sit on the couch, read or watch TV...I can see the traffic out my living room window...

...one day I saw a dead crow on the road...everytime a car went by, the feathers stuck to the road and one wing would flutter...eventually it got compacted into the road...and then just completely dissolved. It took about 2-3 days.

:purdy: