Art

InkedAngel

Re: Art

Unread post by InkedAngel »

This particular time I tried to pull the color from the tin ceiling tiles. They were this exact color red. Thank you, Joe :)

Don't you weep pretty baby...you and me and the devil make three. Don't need no other lovin baby....
InkedAngel

Mostly finished but I now have some ideas of what more I want to do with this. This is charcoal.

Don't you weep pretty baby...you and me and the devil make three. Don't need no other lovin baby....
RW

Unread post by RW »

Did you do it on canvas?

Just call me Little Miss Robinson.
InkedAngel

Yeah....it's 24x48 watercolor canvas. I did some research on that canvas and it actually doesn't accept watercolor well. I had already bought it so I decided to play with charcoal instead since I haven't done that in a while. I sprayed it with a matte finish after to seal it but am thinking of putting some acrylic over it in a thin wash. A total experiment so we'll see.

RW

Unread post by RW »

Hrm.... That changes the game a bit.

InkedAngel

How so?

RW

Unread post by RW »

I haven't been drawing because what good is it in a sketch pad or on flat paper? I wanted to go bigger and now that I know I can use canvas (why I didn't think of it in the first place is beyond me), I can start creating works for hanging.

InkedAngel

The watercolor canvas is much smoother if you want to do charcoal or pastels...also oil pencil. I really liked it vs. using a regular gessoed canvas for oil or acrylics. The texture is too rough unless you gesso it a few more times and sand it a bit. That would make for some unique textures but a lot of unnecessary work for drawing.

RW

Unread post by RW »

That's what threw me - the texture. I never thought of water colour canvas. I'll pick a few up and see how it goes.

Thanks.

asal

Unread post by asal »

InkedAngel wrote:Mostly finished but I now have some ideas of what more I want to do with this. This is charcoal.

I'm just curious, when you draw things like this - do you use real life examples? I like the density of the feathers, and how there are little bits poking up at the top. I'm just wondering about the process - I can't draw from imagination (well).

Get in on it.
InkedAngel

This one just drew from memory. I did look at several references for muscle and structure for the arm though. And....lots of hands...I suck at hands.

asal

Unread post by asal »

:) From memory! :drinks: Very good. It's a really great picture. Very interesting. I love the binding, it's an interesting idea.

Get in on it.
InkedAngel

Thank you :)

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Leopardsocks wrote:It would if you suddenly lost about 300 pounds. Not that that will happen until your next dump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:tongue:

I came to get down.
evs

Unread post by evs »

made out of paper.

~ plaid ~
InkedAngel

Those are beautiful...

evs

Unread post by evs »

glad you like:)

~ plaid ~
Breakfall

Unread post by Breakfall »

My first attempt at Ink: Black and Sepia...

SCOUSE wrote:You are aware that the Saville account was just a troll alt? I chose that name for shock and trollin' effect, not as a reflection on myself.
If I actually was a p,edo. why the fuck would I draw attention to it by using a known p,do's name???
:(
Breakfall

SCOUSE wrote:You are aware that the Saville account was just a troll alt? I chose that name for shock and trollin' effect, not as a reflection on myself.
If I actually was a p,edo. why the fuck would I draw attention to it by using a known p,do's name???
Breakfall

Trying to get this Art thread kicking off again. Did my first painting/sketch paint on some pottery last week with my mother...you know trying to keep her mind active with her big C debilitating disease. The pottery was glazed and fired so should be able to take a pic this weekend. :thumbup:

Breakfall

Some Australian Grass Trees...desert scene.