What's happening? Forum questions? Last word wins.

Register accountRead the forum rules
asal

Re: What's happening?

Unread post by asal »

Seamajor wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 07:25 Awesome Asal. Wondering where I could fine a few? They look tropical.
:) I looked it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphophallus_titanum

They're from western Sumatra and western Java: Amorphophallus titanum is native solely to western Sumatra, and western Java where it grows in openings in rainforests on limestone hills.[3] However, the plant is cultivated by botanical gardens and private collectors around the world.

In cultivation, the titan arum generally requires 7–10 years of vegetative growth before blooming for the first time. After its initial blooming, there can be considerable variation in blooming frequency. Some plants may not bloom again for another 7–10 years while others may bloom every two to three years.[14] There have also been documented cases of back-to-back blooms occurring within a year[15] and corms simultaneously sending up both a leaf (or two) and an inflorescence.[16] There has also been an occasion when a corm produced multiple simultaneous blooms.[17]

Get in on it.
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

asal wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 09:04
Seamajor wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 07:25 Awesome Asal. Wondering where I could fine a few? They look tropical.
:) I looked it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphophallus_titanum

They're from western Sumatra and western Java: Amorphophallus titanum is native solely to western Sumatra, and western Java where it grows in openings in rainforests on limestone hills.[3] However, the plant is cultivated by botanical gardens and private collectors around the world.

In cultivation, the titan arum generally requires 7–10 years of vegetative growth before blooming for the first time. After its initial blooming, there can be considerable variation in blooming frequency. Some plants may not bloom again for another 7–10 years while others may bloom every two to three years.[14] There have also been documented cases of back-to-back blooms occurring within a year[15] and corms simultaneously sending up both a leaf (or two) and an inflorescence.[16] There has also been an occasion when a corm produced multiple simultaneous blooms.[17]
Very interesting Asal. So many interesting plants out there. Thanks for the info.

Semen
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Oooooooooooo...I liked the place and the 1960s architechture from back when QEII was young.

asal

Unread post by asal »

Lochdubh wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 10:36 Oooooooooooo...I liked the place and the 1960s architechture from back when QEII was young.
:) from back when QEII was young :tongue: :thumbup:

Get in on it.
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

This a pic of a traveler palm. My most exotic. It’s still a baby.

Semen
asal

Unread post by asal »

Beauty!

Get in on it.
Phil O Bat

Unread post by Phil O Bat »

What happened to the dates and times? Why is every posted dated "1 1 18, 23:12"?

"Fun Fact: Penguins can actually fly

if you throw them hard enough.

Just like children." (Caelan Rondeau) :eviled:
Phil O Bat

What happened to the dates and times? Why is every posted dated "1 1 18, 23:12"?

evs

Unread post by evs »

That is odd? Could you post a screen cap?

~ plaid ~
Phil O Bat

Went to Skagway, Alaska, this summer. Here is the link to my photo album. https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipM ... Q8qHRIlNyZ

asal

Unread post by asal »

Get in on it.
asal

Unread post by asal »

Get in on it.
shin

Unread post by shin »

What's QEII, Loch?

Vegans seem to have a limited choice of options when they want a meal, from my perspective.

Pink hair is often hot, but the top you choose to wear is key to making the look work for you, mes ami, no?

Jeopardy! We used to play a version of it back in school. It's a very difficult game to win at.

On Nietzche, I like the concept of nihilism. The notion that nothing can be communicated is one of my modi operandi.

When men learn to abuse the concept of intuitive insight, they become the pinnacle of reason, useless Gods are created in his image as a scapegoat for his shortcomings, and all he selectively oversees are his playthings... and ultimately, all he creates in his stead becomes his willful undoing.
evs

Unread post by evs »

Qeii is Queen Elizabeth ii, the living and breathing dinosaur and the relic of predatory politics, settlers hegemony and brutal oppression. hiya shin!

~ plaid ~
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

evs wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 03:49 Qeii is Queen Elizabeth ii, the living and breathing dinosaur and the relic of predatory politics, settlers hegemony and brutal oppression. hiya shin!
You could have made it shorter: "QEII is our sovereign"

evs

Unread post by evs »

Touché

~ plaid ~
shin

Unread post by shin »

evs wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 03:49 Qeii is Queen Elizabeth ii, the living and breathing dinosaur and the relic of predatory politics, settlers hegemony and brutal oppression. hiya shin!
Hi Evies!

I've got a riddle for you...

How do you shorten a period?

You let the humor out.

When men learn to abuse the concept of intuitive insight, they become the pinnacle of reason, useless Gods are created in his image as a scapegoat for his shortcomings, and all he selectively oversees are his playthings... and ultimately, all he creates in his stead becomes his willful undoing.
asal

Unread post by asal »

Would I? :sneaky:

Get in on it.
shin

Unread post by shin »

Oui oui... but what what is and end without ___

evs

Unread post by evs »

shin wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 14:38
Hi Evies!

You let the humor out.
How did I miss this!

You can shorten a period by having sex. :biggrin:

~ plaid ~
shin

Unread post by shin »

evs wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 20:02
shin wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 14:38
Hi Evies!

You let the humor out.
How did I miss this!

You can shorten a period by having sex. :biggrin:
Hey, that works too!

shin

Unread post by shin »

A guy walks into a bar... it turns out he was drunk!

Another guy walks into the same bar. They should start using the door instead, eh? :D

asal

Unread post by asal »

Engineer gets back at package thieves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoxhDk-hwuo

Get in on it.
9 incher/160 IQ

Unread post by 9 incher/160 IQ »

I saw beautiful boy and boy interrupted at Pollock theater in Phoenix. Second run movies for $3.50. One is about a boy from a loving family who becomes a severe meth addict. The other is about a boy who is a homosexual. His parents send him to a church run program to crush his homosexual desires. The first boy never gets cured of his meth addiction and the other is never cured of his love for other men's lubed up bums.
:(

Fuc# 0ff.
evs

Unread post by evs »

i am so happy it's friday. that's all!:)

~ plaid ~
Support

Unread post by Support »

Forum software update in the next 5 minutes.

soon

Unread post by soon »

the day the music died.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
soon

Unread post by soon »

lyrics are one thing out of context and another when heard live. natalie merchant of 10,000 maniacs is a great example because when you read her lyrics you're usually thinking how is she going to sing that?
Few And Far Between

Times are far between, and few I bet, when we can look upon our lives without regret. Of all the things I have done, you think I'm proud of everyone without exception?

'Till you make your peace with yesterday, you'll never build a future. I swear by what I say. Whatever penance you do, decide what it's worth to you and then respect it. However long it will take to weather your mistakes, why not accept it?

- natalie merchant

soon

Unread post by soon »

i can see a new tomorrow. one where context isn't needed. it still won't bee the same tomorrow as the one we had though. #linkgate

soon

Unread post by soon »

what if no one clicks the link? what will they miss? hopefully they'll come to the song another way. perhaps they'll tune in through a tv show or commercial.