Tattoos

InkedAngel

Tattoos

Unread post by InkedAngel »

I love tattoos. Some people look good with them, some don't. I've never put any on my body that didn't have deep personal meaning to me. Im currently 12 hrs into my last. Its a half back piece unfinished as of yet. It's a thorn bird impaled on a thorn and three smaller birds which represent my children. The banner will say, "The best is only bought at the cost of the greatest pain." That represents everything that means anything to me be it my art, my heart, my kids, and family.
Post yours....

Legend of The Thorn Bird

There is a legend about a bird which sings just once in its life, more sweetly than any other creature on the face of the earth. From the moment it leaves the nest it searches for a thorn tree, and does not rest until it has found one. Then, singing among the savage branches, it impales itself upon the longest, sharpest spine. And, dying, it rises above its own agony to out-carol the lark and the nightingale. One superlative song, existence the price. But the whole world stills to listen, and God in His heaven smiles. For the best is only bought at the price of great pain...

Don't you weep pretty baby...you and me and the devil make three. Don't need no other lovin baby....

Re: Tattoos

Unread post by ************* »

Lioness

Unread post by Lioness »

IA, I love the Thorn Bird story. I, also, loved the books and movie series called the Thorn Birds. I can see why you choose it.

I have one and only one. It is a dragon with two flowers with it's tail circling the yin-yang. It is on my lower left ankle covering a horrible scar from surgery to repair my ankle after sustaining a compound fracture.

I chose the dragon for many reasons regarding the path my life has taken. The symbol of the dragon embraces all the things I've been challenged with during my lifetime and what it has taken to protect and serve the needs of self and my family. The yin-yang is just exactly as it always means... the dragon wraps itself around the yin-yang to protect the harmony of life. The two flowers represent my most cherished inspirations and the reason the battle of life is worth it.

Krieg

Unread post by Krieg »

A wise man has an empty teacup.

Memento Mori