Mother Nature has a sense of humour

kiebers

Re: Mother Nature has a sense of humour

Unread post by kiebers »

And the point is - you (SCHMOE) are a hypocrite who preaches one thing and practices another.
Guess you missed that little tidbit.
I'm merely treating you the way you said you expected forum/sub-forum owners should .
You're not treating me at all. I have just been calling you out on your hypocrisy. As has everyone else in this thread. I will repeat my point of view/opinion of your moving of a thread.
And the point is - you (SCHMOE) are a hypocrite who preaches one thing and practices another.

Why did the chicken cross the road? Why??? To get to the idiots house....
Knock Knock.....Who's there?.....the chicken
Dizzy

Unread post by Dizzy »

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

mimi wrote:
I've seen how forums like the old Asian Canadian Forum and the Blue Cashew have been saddled with criticism & complaints of excessive moderator interference and censorship. So I've tried and will attempt to avoid the kind of transgressions which have occurred over there.
I think your compass is a little off. I have a far bigger problem with those who whine about censorship than I do with admins\mods who apply their rules in their own forums. I get a sense, that you still don't get that. Fash has every right to run her forum her way...and you know what those who don't like it can do.
If you come away from this with nothing else besides thinking twice about pointing fingers at moderation, it's a good thing.
Incidentally, mimi...what ever happened to all those threads that were in Ramble On?

Did they all get deleted?

Is there any record of them?

Can they be retrieved at least for viewing or archival purposes?

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

RO was dissolved after it became just as big a source of trouble as what we were hoping to correct. Losing good threads that were moved to it, being one.
You're asking the wrong person about records and retrieving. Personally, I see no value in retrieving, viewing or archival purposes.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

mimi wrote:RO was dissolved after it became just as big a source of trouble as what we were hoping to correct. Losing good threads that were moved to it, being one.
You're asking the wrong person about records and retrieving. Personally, I see no value in retrieving, viewing or archival purposes.
Well...if those threads have been permanently deleted without any record they ever existed, isn't that a form of forum censorship? In which case, why doesn't Kahbuz, raise a big stink about it?

Here, your tree humpin' friend, keeps insisting that I have committed an egregious transgression by moving this thread (just 1) to Zen Bee, but then chooses to overlook the hundreds of threads from the old Ramble On sub-forum which appear to have been permanently deleted.

Essentially, that's cherry picking, and your friend Kahbuzz is a Cherry Picker. His interpretation of forum rules are laden with inconsistencies and contradictions. He chooses to ignore precedents and forum rules, which even you, mimi, have at least have partially recognized. He condones the actions on some moderators, while excoriating others based upon a contradictory set or parameters. He has no objective standard and allows his personal dislikes and biases towards others to cloud his judgement.

The only consistency which Kiebers has demonstrated, is that he's completely inconsistent.

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

SCHM0E do I need to go back and quote the lord knows how many times you got on your soap box (long before your forum was created) about how you would not censor. You have a forum with 34 sub forums. You removed a thread from it. Your a hypocrite. You have been busted. Move on.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

kiebers wrote:SCHM0E do I need to go back and quote the lord knows how many times you got on your soap box (long before your forum was created) about how you would not censor. You have a forum with 34 sub forums. You removed a thread from it. Your a hypocrite. You have been busted. Move on.
So given your standard, does the deletion of all the Ramble On threads also denote censorship?

Does Inked Angel's removal of a post by RealWoman from the renamed Art Forum known now known as the ZenBee also denote censorship?

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

Not relevant to me. Deflect some more.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

kiebers wrote:Not relevant to me. Deflect some more.
yes, you don't want to answer those questions in the affirmative because it would reveal your inconsistencies, hypocrisy and contradictions.

Face it, your world view is laden with absolutism and a total disregard for precedent.

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

Again deflect some more. It does not bother me if threads are moved. Not my forum. You are getting all this grief from me simply because you are a hypocrite. You moved a thread that was placed properly in your forum after numerous soap boxes on censorship. That is censoring your forum. Hypocrite

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

J0E wrote:
mimi wrote:RO was dissolved after it became just as big a source of trouble as what we were hoping to correct. Losing good threads that were moved to it, being one.
Well...if those threads have been permanently deleted without any record they ever existed, isn't that a form of forum censorship? In which case, why doesn't Kahbuz, raise a big stink about it?

Here, your tree humpin' friend, keeps insisting that I have committed an egregious transgression by moving this thread (just 1) to Zen Bee, but then chooses to overlook the hundreds of threads from the old Ramble On sub-forum which appear to have been permanently deleted.

Essentially, that's cherry picking, and your friend Kahbuzz is a Cherry Picker. His interpretation of forum rules are laden with inconsistencies and contradictions. He chooses to ignore precedents and forum rules, which even you, mimi, have at least have partially recognized. He condones the actions on some moderators, while excoriating others based upon a contradictory set or parameters. He has no objective standard and allows his personal dislikes and biases towards others to cloud his judgement.

The only consistency which Kiebers has demonstrated, is that he's completely inconsistent.
No...dumping those threads was in keeping with the owner's standards for her forum. She isn't the government. =)))

My friend kiebers is trying to explain to you, (I think)...that by YOUR definition of censorship, you breached your own personal set of rules....because I don't believe he really cares what you do on your forum. Like me, he has been trying to point out the hypocrisy, that for all your talk about not censoring, you did exactly that....since YOU are the one who thinks dumping a thread or a post, is censorship.

He also seems to have a clear grasp on the rules as they are stated on this forum....that in the first paragraph of the rules set by the owner, it says..We reserve the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.

Another overdone accusation, is that some moderators moderate with personal biases. This rant is usually the mantra of the most disruptive posters...yet it escapes them, that they are still here ranting about bias. If personal bias were an issue, I can assure you, they wouldn't be. =)

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

kiebers wrote:Again deflect some more. It does not bother me if threads are moved. Not my forum. You are getting all this grief from me simply because you are a hypocrite. You moved a thread that was placed properly in your forum after numerous soap boxes on censorship. That is censoring your forum. Hypocrite
No, you're the hypocrite. You have stated consistently that forums are not reflections of, and ought not be democracies. You've also stated moderators of the main forum and sub-forums should be able to delete files whenever they feel like it, and then you turn around and demand that the Resource be accountable for the democratic standard which you have forfeited in your previous remarks.

Its akin to a terrorist who proclaims "Down with America!", and then when he's caught and arrested by US authorities, demands the right to a fair trial and all the democratic rights which the US Constitution accords to all those who believe in and adhere to. You want it both ways. You're a contradictory, lying hypocrite. Frankly, you are owed nothing. I'm generous in giving you an explanation to which your mistakenly entitled.

You cherry pick, disregard precedents, and never respond to accusations made about you or the inconsistencies in your previous statements and the logical fallacies of your arguments.

In addition, you've never proven your allegations as to why the thread was moved.

This was done primarily because it was off-topic and another sub-forum was able to better accommodate it. In addition, permssion was granted to move the thread by the moderator of this sub-forum.

Given the progression of this thread, it's evident that it belongs in the Zen Bee, which has been proclaimed by its moderator and the owner of the entire forum as being the defacto replacement for the Pink Heat.
evs wrote:I put my sexy threads in the zen bee. Works for me:)
And this was confirmed by the sub-forum's moderator:
InkedAngel wrote:Zen Bee!!! Where all your sexual questions may be answered! :D
It is illogical and makes little sense to duplicate subject matter which can be accomodated more appropriately in another. Otherwise, redundancies occur and the forums/sub-forum lose their meaning and become cluttered.

Of course, since you don't run a sub-forum here, how would you know?

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

Too funny...You make a sub forum for off topic posts and move it because it is off topic. Boy that makes sense. Here, I will quote you again.
J0E wrote: There's a section for off-the-wall/off-topic posts called Dilbert's Corner.
Yes I snipped this, but that was to save the next argument of you contradicting yourself in that post. And since this was said last I figure it takes precedence.

I know, do a poll....heh heh heh

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

Tell me SCHM0E exactly what sexual question is being asked by that thread?

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

Damn SCHM0E 418 views. Look at all that traffic you could have had. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

J0E wrote: It is illogical and makes little sense to duplicate subject matter which can be accomodated more appropriately in another. Otherwise, redundancies occur and the forums/sub-forum lose their meaning and become cluttered.
You do realize that it would fit better in your gardening thread in Dilberts corner instead of where you moved it to....I mean it is plants afterall. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

[b][color=#800080]Schmohwell[/color][/b] wrote: Of course, since you don't run a sub-forum here, how would you know?
Don't get all puffed up with the chest sticking out on that. 34 sub forums, 95 topics, 203 posts...Yes sir you are definitely "running" a heavy load there.

Cronus

Unread post by Cronus »

kiebers wrote:
J0E wrote: It is illogical and makes little sense to duplicate subject matter which can be accomodated more appropriately in another. Otherwise, redundancies occur and the forums/sub-forum lose their meaning and become cluttered.
You do realize that it would fit better in your gardening thread in Dilberts corner instead of where you moved it to....I mean it is plants afterall. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oh my gosh. The gardening thread is an ideal place for veggies. Perhaps I can contribute. Cheers mate. :drinks:

deadskinmask wrote:the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

kiebers wrote:
[b][color=#800080]Schmohwell[/color][/b] wrote: Of course, since you don't run a sub-forum here, how would you know?
Don't get all puffed up with the chest sticking out on that. 34 sub forums, 95 topics, 203 posts...Yes sir you are definitely "running" a heavy load there.
....but Kahbuzz, that's precisely the point. You don't run any sub-forums, nor are you a moderator of the main forum.

So your opinions regarding censorship carry little if any weight. You simply don't have the authority to be the arbiter of this forum's standards.You've taken it upon yourself to unilaterally define the parameters of censorship within the context of this forum, without consultation with the moderators here. Therefore, you're just talking out of your ass like a blowhard.

I disagree that you've been censored or that this thread has, given that you've had unlimited access to this thread, have been free to reply to it ad infinitum. Your access to it was not hindered/discouraged, nor were your comments deleted, altered or edited by anyone in any way. You've continue to add comments to the thread, and its continued growth contradicts your assumption that a 'censorship' has been imposed upon it.

Transferring the thread to a more appropriate location in the forum does not in itself qualify as 'censorship'. Its akin to transferring a legal case from a lower court to a higher one. The facts are the same, the case is evaluated, but in a different setting. Even if this thread was 'censored', it would pale in comparison to the scores of threads which have previously been deleted from the main forum; the hundreds more which were deleted from Ramble On, without a trace.

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

You're so funny. TLDR
Schmohwell the Hypocrite

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

kiebers wrote:
I disagree. The ensuing comments since its inception and its lack of professional content suggests that the Pink Heat's de facto replacement, the Zen Bee, is a more appropriate sub-forum for this thread. This thread has nothing to do with gardening.

Say kahbuzz, if ya wanna make a positive contribution to the Resource, why don'tcha send me a favorite recipe of yours for possum buhghas an' black ahed pays. You're from that part of the country. So send some, 'kay?

Dizzy

Unread post by Dizzy »

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I still have just a couple questions, Joe.
What ARE "the parameters of censorship within the context of this forum?"
What IS the definition of the "free-for-all" section in your sub-forum?
And what is it about this thread, that made you want to move it to a forum that dealt with sexual content?

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

kiebers wrote:You're so funny. TLDR
Schmohwell the Hypocrite
Say Kahbuzz, if you were censored, why are still replying to this thread?

With every post you make, you weaken the credibility of your argument that discourse in this thread has been stifled.

This thread is flourishing, not otherwise.

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

I was not censored. This thread is no longer in your forum. You have no more control over it. Every post that is made by you, me and anyone else strengthens my point that you are a Hypocrite. Every defense you attempt proves you wrong.
Don't know why you are getting so hot and bothered. Just admit it.

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

J0E wrote:Encourage people ta say what they want. Don't ban them, censor 'em or shut them down. That's the sign of someone who was born in a 3rd World country ruled by a dictator.
You know I can see the dictator shining through with you since you have a forum.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

kiebers wrote:I was not censored. This thread is no longer in your forum. You have no more control over it..

....eggs ackley!

That's the way I wanted it.

The more freedom to express yourself, the beddah, Kahbuzz!

If this thread had been kept in the Resource, fewer people would have replied or bein' willing to participate, such as mimi.

And just like I promised, I would not delete, doctor the contents of any thread.

I've seen how numerous threads get derailed, trashed, muzzled by overzealous mods, and I don't want to be like that.

So, keep this thread goin', Kahbuzz! Keep it goin'!

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

kiebers wrote:
J0E wrote:Encourage people ta say what they want. Don't ban them, censor 'em or shut them down. That's the sign of someone who was born in a 3rd World country ruled by a dictator.
You know I can see the dictator shining through with you since you have a forum.
Well...I might move threads, and transfer them to another forum/sub-forum if their subject matter is more suitable there, but won't doctor, delete or censor anyone or anything - unless it breaks forum rules or the law. ie - publishing photos not in the public domain against the poster's wishes, their private info - such as their ip address, first and last names. The other is spam - such as people, spambots advertising a service or product - because I've found in the past experience, they can really tear down and ultimately bring it down a forum. Or - posters who post material highly objectionable to a large number of posters or the forum mod - such as scatological material (pictures of someone's vomit or shit). Hijacking of threads or excessive personal attacks, a reason to move threads/lock them.

kiebers

Unread post by kiebers »

ie - publishing photos not in the public domain against the poster's wishes, their private info - such as their ip address, first and last names
Does that include PM's?