Interesting facts about Sex

InkedAngel

Interesting facts about Sex

Unread post by InkedAngel »

1. Of all the primates, man has the largest penis. The gorilla has a two-inch penis, while the chimpanzee's is three inches. The blue whale has the largest penis in the animal kingdom: 11 feet.

2. In 2003, a Texas man woke up from bladder surgery to discover that doctors had removed his penis without his permission.

3. The risk of erectile dysfunction increases with age
Thirty-four percent of all American men ages 40 to 70, or about 20 million men, suffer from some significant level of erectile dysfunction.

4. In 2004, Norwegian sexologists published a “Penis Atlas” which featured 100 photographs of men’s penises to correct and clarify misunderstandings about the male sex organs.

5. The ancient Romans thought penile hardness was directly linked to what a person ate. The shape, color, and flavor of food determined its impact on one’s sex life. Therefore root vegetables such as carrots became instant symbols of strength of libido.

6. A rumor that Ozti’s (Ice Man’s) scrotal sac still had viable sperm—quick-frozen as in sperm banks—prompted a number of Austrian women in the 1990s to ask if they could be artificially inseminated and have his baby.

7. To maximize oral sex, it is worth paying attention to what food you eat. Foods such as kiwi, celery, and pineapple can make genital secretion sweet. Dairy products, meat, and alcohol are generally thought to worsen the taste.

8. Upper Paleolithic art dating back 30,000 years depicts people using dildos to pleasure themselves and others. That means mankind invented sex toys long before the wheel.
9. Slang for “prostitute” in Victorian times was “blowsy” and slang for “ejaculation” was “blow,” leading to the current phrase “blow job.” In ancient Greece, a blow job was called “playing the flute.”

10. The average man has 11 erections per day and 9 erections a night.

11. The smell of pumpkin pie, licorice, chocolate, and donuts increase the blood to a man’s genitals.

12. Women who went to college are more likely to enjoy receiving and giving oral sex.

Don't you weep pretty baby...you and me and the devil make three. Don't need no other lovin baby....
Mad Serb

Re: Interesting facts about Sex

Unread post by Mad Serb »

1. And also largest sex organ (that is, brain) too.

2. OMG.....

6. Not a smart decision. Otzi was likely not immune to many deseases.

9. In Serbian, the phrase for BJ is "smoking".

InkedAngel

I think it increases the blood flow to the genitals because she'll like how you taste. :biggrin:
Seriously though....sugar...and some spices act chemically similar to sexual stimulation. That doesn't mean excessive amounts are good for you though, just temporarily good for your gonads.

Don't you weep pretty baby...you and me and the devil make three. Don't need no other lovin baby....
Harrison

Unread post by Harrison »

InkedAngel wrote:I think it increases the blood flow to the genitals because she'll like how you taste. :biggrin:
Seriously though....sugar...and some spices act chemically similar to sexual stimulation. That doesn't mean excessive amounts are good for you though, just temporarily good for your gonads.
Think of all the calamity visited on the world in the pursuit of things that were temporarily good for your gonads.

So it goes.
Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

My dick enters in some kind of a steel mode after a few orgasms. Its almost numb but fully operational... Hard to get it off after sex.

InkedAngel

Harrison wrote:
InkedAngel wrote:I think it increases the blood flow to the genitals because she'll like how you taste. :biggrin:
Think of all the calamity visited on the world in the pursuit of things that were temporarily good for your gonads.
Exactly and still in such pursuit today. We are either extremely brave or unwittingly stupid. Lol I know which I pick. :)

Harrison

Unread post by Harrison »

InkedAngel wrote:
Harrison wrote:
Exactly and still in such pursuit today. We are either extremely brave or unwittingly stupid. Lol I know which I pick. :)
Whenever I am faced with a choice between 2 evils I always choose the one I haven't tried yet. - Mae West

So it goes.
InkedAngel

:sneaky: me too.

Lioness

Unread post by Lioness »

Sure feel bad for the pens removal guy. I'm trying to reason why that even happened.

lump™

Unread post by lump™ »

number 13. All girls love anal sex (no really it's true)

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

They just have to properly introduced to it..

Lioness

Unread post by Lioness »

1. Vibrators we're invented for something else
The vibrator was originally invented in the 19th century as a way to reduce "hysteria." That seems a little extreme. However, we do not recommend testing that theory by taking away a woman's vibrator to see if she goes into a hysterical fit. That's just dangerous.

2. The sperm ratio
Your average healthy man produces approximately 300 million sperm in just a teaspoon of his semen. However, it only takes one little swimmer to fertilize a woman’s egg.

3. The first thing people do after sex
Forget post-coital cuddling! According to a poll by consumer electronics site Retrevo.com, 36 percent of people under the age of 35 check their Facebook and Twitter accounts after a roll in the hay. Hopefully, they are not posting any pictures!

4. Which sex actually gets busy more often
Think men get laid more than women? Wrong! According to Men’s Fitness, women have sex 17 percent more often than the average guy. Go girls!

5. The longest orgasm
Even though the male O seems to get all the attention, it turns out the women get the last laugh when it comes to climaxing. The average female orgasm lasts 20 seconds — 14 seconds longer than the male's six-second O.

6. Orgasms are good for you
Orgasms are good for your health! They can lower a woman's risk of heart disease, stroke, breast cancer and even depression. So have sex and get happy!

7. Sexercise is not a myth
Sex counts as a workout! During 30 minutes of active sex, you burn about 200 calories.

8. Women are friskier than we admit
Even though straight women reported only being aroused by men, researchers at the Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, found that most women in a study became aroused by every sexual stimulus they saw — including nude male and female bodies, heterosexual and homosexual sex and even animal sex.

9. Sex makes you dirty, in a good way
When aroused, people are not as likely to think things are disgusting, according to a study published in the online journal PLOS ONE.

10. How your brain responds to sex
Researchers at Rutgers University, who used fMRI scanners to find out exactly what happens in your brain when you're aroused, found that different regions of the brain became activated in response to stimulation of the vagina, cervix, clitoris and nipples.

Lioness

Unread post by Lioness »

11. Sex releases hormones that prevent you from peeing
Ever notice that it's kind of tough to go pee right after sex? Your body releases an antidiuretic hormone when you orgasm, which prohibits you from going potty as easily as usual. Just don't hold it for too long, or you could risk infection.

12. Why it can be hard to conceive
Most of the time, a woman only releases one egg per month.

13. How young teens start having sex
According to Live Science, by the age of 19, a whopping 70 percent of American teenagers have already had sex.

14. Answering your phone during sex
Mom can multitask! According to a survey, at least 12 percent of women admitted to using their cellphones during sex.

15. When kids lose their virginity
The Kinsey Institute estimates that, on average, boys lose their virginity at age 16.9. For girls, the age jumps to 17.4.

16. Physically talking about sex makes sex better
People who are more open to talking about sex are actually happier with their sex lives, according to Live Science.

17. You're not the only one aroused by food
Think food is sexy? Some people admit to feeling a similar sense of arousal when thinking about food as they do when thinking about sex.

18. Your body image plays a huge role in sex
According to Live Science, a small study of obese women found that those who accepted their bodies reported better sex. So appreciate your body, or your sex life could suffer!

19. Sex increases your pain threshold
According to a study published in the Journal of Sex Research, a person's pain threshold significantly increases during arousal.

20.You brain turns off (sort of) during sex
According to a study from the University of Groningen in the Netherlands, the amygdala — the part of the brain involved in fear and anxiety — shuts down during a female orgasm. So that brain mush you experience during sex is legit!

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

Horny females are hysteric..

The orgasm pumping sperm feeling lasts a while.

Lioness

Unread post by Lioness »

A very important study has been published on male orgasms, so read on like your sex life depends on it.
These eight little-known facts about ejaculation – during shared sexual encounters and, erm, solo – might just change your bedroom habits.
1. Regular ejaculation lowers risks of cancer

Just in case you thought climaxing couldn’t get much better, research presented at the American Urological Association suggests that males who have a higher frequency of orgasms (around 20 times per month) lowered their risk of prostate cancer by 20%.
Author of the study, Dr Jennifer Rider says this is probably due to the release of hormones such as oxytocin – which can lower blood pressure.
2. It’s wicked fast

While you’re not likely to break the sound barrier, the average speed of male ejaculation is 28mph.
So if you ever feel like a loser remember: that’s faster than any man can run.
Usain Bolt – the world’s fastest sprinter – set a world record with 27.79mph. Go you.
3. Orgasms are better during sex

This may not be a huge surprise – but if you want double the fun, have sex with a partner.
Both men and women release 400% more prolactin – an ecstasy-inducing hormone – after sex than they do after masturbation. So give your hand a rest.
4. Men can fake it too

She found out that 28% of guys had faked an orgasm during sex with a partner.
Reasons included brewers’ droop – being too intoxicated to climax– and wanting to go to sleep.
5. Dry d*ck

A dry orgasm – known as a retrograde orgasm – can occur when semen travels to the bladder instead of through the shaft of the penis during orgasm.
If this happens then head to your doctor – it could be a sign of problems with your bladder muscles.
6. Hit the jackpot

Men – just like lucky ladies – can experience multiple orgasms.
While most fellas need at least a 30-minute cooling off period between steamy sessions, it is possible to train yourself to have multiple orgasms.
Things like changing up sexual positions and managing testosterone levels can dramatically improve your chances.
7. Best swimmers come first

According to Ginemed Assisted Human Reproduction Clinic, the semen released in the first wave of ejaculate has better quality DNA and are more likely to fertilise an egg thanks to greater mobility.
Show offs.
8. Headache cure

If you’ve got a pounding headache, then reaching climax might provide an antidote. Honest.
An orgasm floods the brain with a similar type of endorphin that causes runner’s high.
And it’s a lot more enjoyable than going for a run – am I right?

asal

Unread post by asal »

I think the #11 pee thing is for men. It was so long ago that I read something about women having to pee after orgasm / I forget why they have to. Men it makes sense why they can't pee for a bit.

Get in on it.
Lioness

Unread post by Lioness »

asal wrote:I think the #11 pee thing is for men. It was so long ago that I read something about women having to pee after orgasm / I forget why they have to. Men it makes sense why they can't pee for a bit.
Women should pee to aid in preventing UTI's.

asal

Unread post by asal »

kotori wrote:
asal wrote:I think the #11 pee thing is for men. It was so long ago that I read something about women having to pee after orgasm / I forget why they have to. Men it makes sense why they can't pee for a bit.
Women should pee to aid in preventing UTI's.
hahaha :)

Well, I didn't think of that. But, I meant that it was prompted naturally by the body.

Get in on it.