Govt shutdown, merikens

Register accountRead the forum rules
evs

Govt shutdown, merikens

Unread post by evs »

.. only because of the ppl who blatantly broke the law and got a free pass to boot.

No good deed remains unpunished. Plus, it doesn’t help that the Democrats act all batshit crazy.

~ plaid ~
J0E

Re: Govt shutdown, merikens

Unread post by J0E »

evs wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 19:40 .. only because of the ppl who blatantly broke the law and got a free pass to boot.

No good deed remains unpunished. Plus, it doesn’t help that the Democrats act all batshit crazy.
dysfunctional nation

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

"Republicans control the House, they control the Senate and they control the presidency...the government stays open if they want it to stay open and shuts down if they want it to shut down."

evs

Unread post by evs »

Despite 11th-hour meetings between President Donald Trump and leaders of both parties in Congress, efforts to avert a government shutdown have all but failed. A sticking point was the status of over 700,000 illegal immigrants.

With just 1 hour and 45 minutes of federal funding remaining late Friday night, the Senate fell short of the necessary 60 votes to limit debate on the continuing resolution (CR) that would temporarily provide the government spending power until February 16.

As Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky) waited to vote, the 50-48 tally went predictably along partisan lines mostly, with at least one Democrat and four Republicans breaking from their parties. The Republicans were Senators Jeff Flake of Arizona, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Mike Lee of Utah, and Rand Paul of Kentucky. The breakaway Democrat was Senator Claire McCaskill of Missouri.

The GOP accused the Democrats of wanting the vote to fail, so a government shutdown would hurt Trump politically. The Democrats blamed Republicans for stalling the entire legislative process and not including permanent protections for the “Dreamers,” those nearly 800,000 illegal immigrants who arrived in the US as children and who have been covered under the Obama-era DACA program, or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

If this is about deporting children who were born and raised in the US...the only home and life they know....I HOPE that throws a wrench into everything.

Munday

Unread post by Munday »

mimi wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:11 If this is about deporting children who were born and raised in the US...the only home and life they know....I HOPE that throws a wrench into everything.
Lol

This poster strongly disavows any knowledge about any subject and furthermore takes no responsibility for any comments posted under the name of Munday.
evs

Unread post by evs »

It is. But I don’t think that they would be so terribly punished to move to their country of origin. They can just continue their lives there. Ppl migrate all the time, only this time they’ll migrate legally. I’m sure a lot of them have living relatives there, it’s not like they are being thrown out on the deserted island.

I don’t see why should the us be obligated to keep them.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:20 It is. But I don’t think that they would be so terribly punished to move to their country of origin. They can just continue their lives there. Ppl migrate all the time, only this time they’ll migrate legally. I’m sure a lot of them have living relatives there, it’s not like they are being thrown out on the deserted island.

I don’t see why should the us be obligated to keep them.
Their country of origin is the United States. :unsure:

evs

Unread post by evs »

Legally, it isn’t.

~ plaid ~
yorkcountykid

Unread post by yorkcountykid »

the usa is over 20 trillion in debt plus entitlements. the main concern is that they have not stopped the illegal immigration that slows down and picks up and will undoubtedly bring in millions more of illegals to be absorbed again in the future. why have legal immigration if it is not going to be enforced? the democrats want a borderless country. at least that is what john Kerry says.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:32 Legally, it isn’t.
Technically, I suppose not. But THEY didn't break any laws...they were just....born. =((((

evs

Unread post by evs »

Along the same lines, why don’t we allow those pedofiles who broke the law once to continue to break it. Their sexual preference is children and presumably it’s the only sexual preference they have.. *sigh*

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

yorkcountykid wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:32 the usa is over 20 trillion in debt plus entitlements. the main concern is that they have not stopped the illegal immigration that slows down and picks up and will undoubtedly bring in millions more of illegals to be absorbed again in the future. why have legal immigration if it is not going to be enforced? the democrats want a borderless country. at least that is what john Kerry says.
They didn't immigrate. THEY WERE BORN THERE. :mad:

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:34 Along the same lines, why don’t we allow those pedofiles who broke the law once to continue to break it. Their sexual preference is children and presumably it’s the only sexual preference they have.. *sigh*
Sorry....not seeing even a glint of an analogy there. :unsure:

Those children never broke the law once.

yorkcountykid

correct evs, and, the law states we can not discriminate based on one's sexual orientation.

evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:34
Technically, I suppose not. But THEY didn't break any laws...they were just....born. =((((
Their parents very knowingly broke the law and their children are now collateral damage. I am 100% sure those parents were prepared for this to happen when they blatantly tricked the us tax-payer by using their services and the us worker by stealing their jobs.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:37
evs wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:34 Along the same lines, why don’t we allow those pedofiles who broke the law once to continue to break it. Their sexual preference is children and presumably it’s the only sexual preference they have.. *sigh*

They broke the law when they went to the us schools and when they used the us medical system. They used resources which were not theirs to use.

And get this, nobody is asking them to return those resources they stole, they will take all that value with them when they leave. And that’s still not good enough for them.

~ plaid ~
yorkcountykid

anyway, if parents with children broke into a gov't owned building to live, could the children stay and not the parents or should the law evict them all? not breaking the law does not provide a basis for citizenship to any nation.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:38
mimi wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:34
Their parents very knowingly broke the law and their children are now collateral damage. I am 100% sure those parents were prepared for this to happen when they blatantly tricked the us tax-payer by using their services and the us worker by stealing their jobs.
So if you broke a law...your children should pay ?
I don't doubt for a second that there were parents who calculated the fate of their children's 'birth home'. But there is still nothing to say the children broke any laws. Oh....this is too much. =((((((

evs

Unread post by evs »

Oh no, those children broke the law too.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:40
mimi wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:37

They broke the law when they went to the us schools and when they used the us medical system. They used resources which were not theirs to use.

And get this, nobody is asking them to return those resources they stole, they will take all that value with them when they leave. And that’s still not good enough for them.
No they didn't. Children are incapable of breaking those laws.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I have to back out of this one. :unsure:

evs

Unread post by evs »

The minute they turned 18 or 19 which ever, they became fully responsible to say no to continuing to use resources which were not their to use.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Those are not children. Those are adults.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

K....second try....I'm out of this one. :blush:

evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:46 I have to back out of this one. :unsure:
I am sorry meem:( I’ll back out too.. I just don’t get why is an innocent, average American made to pay for other ppl’s crimes.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

mimi wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:47 Those are not children. Those are adults.
I am calling them children as in children of those evo illegally crossed, not to say that they are underage.

~ plaid ~
yorkcountykid

mimi, that is my point. right now today, illegal children are being brought into America and they will become adults too. and, they will be the dreamers 2 and then 3 and 4 and...

David jennings

Unread post by David jennings »

mimi wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:36
yorkcountykid wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 20:32 the usa is over 20 trillion in debt plus entitlements. the main concern is that they have not stopped the illegal immigration that slows down and picks up and will undoubtedly bring in millions more of illegals to be absorbed again in the future. why have legal immigration if it is not going to be enforced? the democrats want a borderless country. at least that is what john Kerry says.
They didn't immigrate. THEY WERE BORN THERE. :mad:
No they immigrated. Children born to illegals in the US are US citizens by law, currently. the DACA kids (most of them are over 20 now) were brought here illegally by their parents, they were not born here.

-----

How about that, the democrats shutting down the government at the expense of law abiding citizens, to help lawbreaking illegal aliens so they can get more votes for the democrat party. What are the optics of that? looks pretty effed up to me.

yorkcountykid

this is a semantical circular argument. I think those who vote to keep them in the states should pay higher taxes to cover any costs--including taking jobs from legal americans--and those who vote no, do not get their taxes raised.