I eat them like candy.

Жekko

Re: One stalk of tomato..

Unread post by Жekko »

Irina wrote: 19 Aug 2019, 09:10 :D

I think they might be Roma by the shape, but me not sure?:(
never let cigani into the home

you will never get them out without UDBA

Unless you’ve studied what they have studied and had their experience, why would you expect to get it?
—evs
evs

Unread post by evs »

Har! I gather you meant ozna:) ozna sve dozna.

~ plaid ~
Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

Irina wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 05:38 ozna sve dozna.
:D

Unless you’ve studied what they have studied and had their experience, why would you expect to get it?
—evs
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

T'sen fadz ti oksna. :eyebrow:

evs

Unread post by evs »

:D

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Memento mori..

~ plaid ~
Жekko

Unread post by Жekko »

—evs
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

evs

Unread post by evs »

Power of suggestion!!

~ plaid ~
Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Dont even wait for them to turn red, make fried green tomatoes!

:purdy:
shin

Unread post by shin »

mimi wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 13:51
shin wrote: 21 Aug 2019, 12:31 I'm not fond of cherry tomotoes. I prefer the bigger ones. Plum tomatoes are ok.
I think they are superior in a Greek salad though. Small cherry tomatoes cut in half maintain their integrity better than a large tomato, diced. They don't sog up the other ingredients. =)
I haven't tried cutting them in half before. The ones I've had were slightly bitter and slightly tart.

When men learn to abuse the concept of intuitive insight, they become the pinnacle of reason, useless Gods are created in his image as a scapegoat for his shortcomings, and all he selectively oversees are his playthings... and ultimately, all he creates in his stead becomes his willful undoing.
shin

Unread post by shin »

Berry Sweet wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 22:52 Dont even wait for them to turn red, make fried green tomatoes!
What do fried green tomatoes taste like?

When men learn to abuse the concept of intuitive insight, they become the pinnacle of reason, useless Gods are created in his image as a scapegoat for his shortcomings, and all he selectively oversees are his playthings... and ultimately, all he creates in his stead becomes his willful undoing.
shin

Unread post by shin »

mimi wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 17:52 T'sen fadz ti oksna. :eyebrow:
What's that mean? I didn't know you knew any other languages. You fascinate me more everyday minerva mini-muffin! :blush:

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

shin wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 09:06
Berry Sweet wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 22:52 Dont even wait for them to turn red, make fried green tomatoes!
it has a sharp acidic taste but not overpowering.... plus the batter and the frying help it.... and then you can dip it in something. i use blue cheese dressing. some ppl use ranch or thousand island.... :(

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
shin

Unread post by shin »

deadskinmask wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 09:09
shin wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 09:06
it has a sharp acidic taste but not overpowering.... plus the batter and the frying help it.... and then you can dip it in something. i use blue cheese dressing. some ppl use ranch or thousand island.... :(
You would be disappointed in what passes for ranch dressing up here. I had Hidden Valley ranch a long time ago and nothing I've had since comes close.

I didn't know you're supposed to batter the tomatoes.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I didn't either, Shin. I thought they were just 'egg dipped' and coated in cornmeal...then pan-fried. :unsure:

deadskinmask

shin wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 09:16You would be disappointed in what passes for ranch dressing up here. I had Hidden Valley ranch a long time ago and nothing I've had since comes close.I didn't know you're supposed to batter the tomatoes.

make your own ranch. they sell the powder.... buy a big container of it and sprinkle some in your mashed potatoes too.... and yeah. i batter mine. i use the KFC flour recipe and deep fry mine. they're awesome.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

That actually sounds like an improvement. =))

deadskinmask

mimi wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 10:50 That actually sounds like an improvement. =))
my personal preference is to cut the seeds out before i batter em. the seeds are so slimy that they'll saturate the batter after frying.... i make huge plates of them without seeds and they don't melt on the plate.... :(

shin

Unread post by shin »

deadskinmask wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 12:29
mimi wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 10:50 That actually sounds like an improvement. =))
my personal preference is to cut the seeds out before i batter em. the seeds are so slimy that they'll saturate the batter after frying.... i make huge plates of them without seeds and they don't melt on the plate.... :(
You sound like a real good cook, Mr Deadskin.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Well....he DOES know what to do with kale. =)))

evs

Unread post by evs »

It’s another sunny-ish day!:)

I was thinking. Worst comes to worst, I’mma pickle these green little marbles:) half are the size of cherry tomato, the other half the size of small Roma.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

But I’ll wait until the end of September!! There is still thyme..

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Waiting til the end of September.....sage advice. =))

evs

Unread post by evs »

:thumbup:

~ plaid ~
deadskinmask

shin wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 12:37You sound like a real good cook, Mr Deadskin.
i'm pretty good, i think.... it was imperative to my survival that i learn.... my mom was a terrible cook. add to that - we were poor. so not only was there never an abundance of food.... the food that was available was her un-edible leftovers.... i learned not only 'how to cook', i also learned how to take huge mistakes and make them relatively tasty.... after i left home, i got the opportunity to get the last bit of cooking knowledge i needed - how to prepare fresh meats and vegetables.... after that, it was just a matter of honing my craft.... :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

My harvest minus two red ones. The two red ones tasted awful, not sweet and texture was floury. I think I may pickle these.

E78EAC23-20CA-484C-B120-A8AB4DCA7A5C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

So much to learn about gardening that I just don’t have the mental space for. Or patience. For example, she said that all these leafy new growth should be cut to force the plant to push the nutrients into fruit instead of leafs and stems. Who knew.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

That's a nice little bundle !

My dad used to wrap each unripened tomato individually in newspaper, and store them in a dark, dry, cool place. They would 'ripen'.