Shall I Post My Philosophy Work On Here?

Register accountRead the forum rules
mimi

Re: Shall I Post My Philosophy Work On Here?

Unread post by mimi »

If they're stupid questions....shouldn't you be able to answer them easily ? :huh:

soon

Unread post by soon »

the questions aren't meaningful enough?

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

mimi wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 21:34 If they're stupid questions....shouldn't you be able to answer them easily ? :huh:
I just did.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
soon

Unread post by soon »

you might have answered the opposite of what was asked.

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

He's not bright enough, Soon, to recognize an intellectual snare laid before him by someone whose intelligence he refuses to accept even though it far outshines his own.

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 21:25
So why are you asking stupid questions??!!
Here's another stupid question: did you write the following words?

The claims of the empiricists in reference to synthetic a priori knowledge is that such propositions are simply empirical propositions that have been mistaken for something else. That is, God and angels are made of physical substances that we can see.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Extralamers will never see it. He's stuck in his own bubble and he believes his own illusions of grandeur (he makes it up as he goes). Lamers could never comprehend actual reality. You can't reason with a mentally ill person.

:purdy:
extralegs2020

Berry Sweet wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 01:07 Extralamers will never see it. He's stuck in his own bubble and he believes his own illusions of grandeur (he makes it up as he goes). Lamers could never comprehend actual reality. You can't reason with a mentally ill person.

Do you people want to have me committed?

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
extralegs2020

Blurt wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 00:03

The claims of the empiricists in reference to synthetic a priori knowledge is that such propositions are simply empirical propositions that have been mistaken for something else. That is, God and angels are made of physical substances that we can see.

Yes.
It means that empiricists don't, and can't, make rationalist claims. They can only make empirical claims.
It is clear what I am saying: They are claiming that all we can ever know is this physical universe. People see God, see angels and hear voices and smell the foul odour of daemons. If you can see and hear it, it must be a physical thing. It has only been mistaken for something metaphysical.
I was clear from the very beginning.
What part of that do you not understand?
And why are you bugging me with your stupidity?
And why do I have to sit here and explain everything to you like a two year old?
You weary me.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 06:16
Blurt wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 00:03

Yes.
It means that empiricists don't, and can't, make rationalist claims. They can only make empiricist claims.
It is clear what I am saying: They are claiming that all we can ever know is this physical universe. People see God, see angels and hear voices and smell the foul odour of daemons. If you can see and hear it, it must be a physical thing. It has only been mistaken for something metaphysical.
I was clear from the very beginning.
What part of that do you not understand?
And why are you bugging me with your stupidity?
And why do I have to sit here and explain everything to you like a two year old?
You weary me.
How do we know what other people see. They can tell us, but they can't show us.

extralegs2020

mimi wrote: 16 Dec 2019, 06:26 How do we know what other people see. They can tell us, but they can't show us.

They CLAIM to see God.
Problem is, nobody else sees what they do, not the same things.
It's like having a dream (or an acid trip) that no one else has had.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
evs

Unread post by evs »

Some of us believe them. Some have trouble believing because they’ve never had the same dream:)) the fact that they also never dropped acid is not a factor to them. They just won’t believe anything that they can’t replicate.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

Flat earth movement comes to mind. Another group who doesn’t believe unless they saw it with their own eyes. Am I wrong?

~ plaid ~
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

Flat Earthers... empiricists par excellence! Yeah, okay.

Please, Evvies.

Like other religious cultists, Flat Earthers discount any evidence that doesn't fit their mental model of geophysical reality.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Blurt wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 16:34 Like other religious cultists as well as atheists, Flat Earthers discount any evidence that doesn't fit their mental model of geophysical reality.
Fify

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

It's one thing to discount evidence....but are you discounting anything when there is no evidence ? :huh:

evs

Unread post by evs »

I think it comes down to what constitutes evidence and to whom. Aren’t all those things that science cannot explain (e.g. miraculous recoveries, ppl with inexplicable abilities, etc.) evidence that there is a divine force out there that our senses and reasoning just don’t get?

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

Irina wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 21:59 I think it comes down to what constitutes evidence and to whom. Aren’t all those things that science cannot explain (e.g. miraculous recoveries, ppl with inexplicable abilities, etc.) evidence that there is a divine force out there that our senses and reasoning just don’t get?

No.
Actually, it is only evidence that there are things science can't explain, like miraculous recoveries, and people with inexplicable abilities.
Someone will always find an alternative explanation for such things.
It always leads to a deadlock. There is no way out of this dilemma.
It is unresolvable.
It has always been so. There is no reason to believe it will ever be resolved in the future.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
evs

Unread post by evs »

Good point. But we can live with unresolvable.

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

Yes.
I can.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

EL and irina, I don't follow this topic closely, but a word of advice - if you want your philosophical writings to be taken seriously you need to use phrase "...that which..." more often.

soon

Unread post by soon »

perhaps mishmash is a better word for it.

Beam Reach

Unread post by Beam Reach »

mimi wrote: 15 Dec 2019, 21:34 If they're stupid questions....shouldn't you be able to answer them easily ? :huh:
:D

soon

Unread post by soon »

hodgepodge is probably more accurate.

Mad Serb

soon

Unread post by soon »

evs

Unread post by evs »

Mad Serb wrote: 18 Dec 2019, 11:31 EL and irina, I don't follow this topic closely, but a word of advice - if you want your philosophical writings to be taken seriously you need to use phrase "...that which..." more often.
I don’t get it.

~ plaid ~
Mad Serb

Schopenhauer: "...or it assumes and establishes a relation of music as a representation to that which of its essence..."

Leibniz: "“God will always do the best, … a man shall always do … that which appears to him to be the best.”

Christopher Hitchens: “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

Anselm: "....that which nothing greater can be thought"

Mad Serb

evs

Unread post by evs »

I still don’t get it. The style is the woman herself. Why would I change my style?

~ plaid ~