On Dressing Well

Register accountRead the forum rules
extralegs2020

On Dressing Well

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

This is what my dresser advises me to do in order to dress chic and stylish.
I follow his instructions. If you see someone dressed like this, it is I:

HIM: “Mr.: XXX:

It was a pleasure working with you, I hope you’re enjoying the pieces!

Putting together an outfit with what you’ve purchased is actually going to be much easier than you expect! I’m very pleased with the purchases and think you have some fantastic pieces to choose from. I’m going to include a few simple rules that I follow myself and help me to look my best especially as I dress up in suiting. It is important to know though that there are no rules to suiting – it’s most important to feel your best. However, along with feeling your best, I always find that the fit of the clothing is the most important factor and as it turns out, it is what people actually notice the most.

Here are some outfit ideas to go with your particular clothes:

The Purple Suit:
1. This suit is a main attraction, I wouldn’t go too wild with any of your other pieces when wearing the full purple suit
a. Wear a white shirt and black tie (you can’t go wrong)
b. Wear any of your colourful socks (since you’re not doing any crazy colours with the shirt or tie, you can add some more bright colours to your footwear)
c. Wear black shoes and a black belt

2. If you’d like and feel comfortable doing so, have fun with shirts underneath
a. The robin’s egg shirt that you bought would look sharp under this suit without a tie
b. Wear black shoes and a black belt

3. If you’d like to have fun with colourful ties (you told me that you have quite the collection)
a. Wear the white dress shirt (this won’t steal attention from the tie)

The Teal Suit:
1. Similarly to the purple, this suit is a main attraction and I would keep this dress code very similar to the purple. By usually going with a simple white shirt and black tie you exude class and confidence, something extremely important in gaining attraction
a. Wear a white shirt and a black tie
b. Wear any of your colourful socks (since you’re not doing any crazy colours with the shirt or tie, you can add some more bright colours to your footwear)
c. Wear black shoes and a black belt or wear burgundy shoes

2. Another look
a. Wear the robin’s egg shirt (it is in the same colour family) with or without a black tie (don’t wear any other coloured ties, they’ll be too distracting)

3. If you’d like to have fun with colourful ties (you told me that you have quite the collection)
a. Wear the white dress shirt (this won’t steal attention from the tie)

The Tartan Suit (red and blue plaid)
1. Even more so, this suit is the main attraction – keep the rest of the outfit simple
a. Wear a white shirt and a black tie
b. Wear black or grey socks (we got the grey striped socks, those will look sharp and not steal unwanted attention)
c. Wear black shoes and a black belt or wear burgundy shoes or wear navy shoes

2. A second look
a. Wear a white shirt and a colourful tie (preferably a dark tie in the blue and red colour scheme – ie, navy, burgundy, purple)
b. Wear black shoes

Mix matching your pieces
1. The light blue blazer
a. Wear this with the navy pants
b. Wear a white shirt (open the top button) or a dark shirt (in which case I would stick to black shoes) or the robin’s egg shirt (black shoes)
c. Wear black shoes or burgundy shoes or navy shoes

2. the Jersey blazers
a. With both of these blazers I would suggest to wear the navy pants
b. Wear a white shirt and a dark tie (either black or a dark colour)
c. Wear a light coloured shirt (like the robin’s egg) and no tie
d. Wear any of the coloured socks (you won’t have too much colour that you’re fighting with this one so you can have fun and try out different socks)
e. Wear black shoes if you find that you have a lot of colour on, otherwise wear burgundy or navy shoes

3. The Teal, Tartan, and Purple blazers (from the full suits)
a. You can wear any of these blazers with navy pants
b. Wear a white shirt and black tie or without a tie
c. Again, you can wear any of the socks
d. Wear a dark shoe – I would probably stick to black most of the time but the navy pants will be good to separate the colour of the blazer from the shoes, so you could definitely pull off burgundy or navy shoes as well

One last note… when you are deciding what belt to wear with which pair of shoes, try and match as closely as you can – this is probably the closest thing to an actual rule that you’ll find in suiting.

I hope this helps! I apologize again for missing you the first time you called and I’m glad you were able to pick up the suits.

Cheers, XXX”

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
extralegs2020

Re: On Dressing Well

ME: "There were three ‘categories’ of look that you suggested for me.
One was pure class; a confident classy look, of a man of some means, so that you could almost smell the money exuding from him. Someone who has ‘got it made’. This is the ‘James Bond look’, I believe.
The other was a smart look.
The third was a casual look.
I think those were the three categories.
Can you add these categories to the notes? Or maybe, they are already there, and it is just a matter of pointing out where they are. In that case you could highlight the places below which are the classy, the smart, and the casual looks. Maybe three differing colours, one for each of the three categories??
Can you do that? That way, if I want to have that ‘classy look’, I’ll know what to wear, and similarly for the other two looks.
One more thing: When and with what do I wear that full collared white shirt I bought—you know the one, the one with no buttons and no open collar, tight fitting and the one you said gave me a ‘classy’ look, as of a wealthy man who was dressing sharp but casual? I don’t see that shirt included in the notes down below.”

HIM: “So sorry! I did forget that you had bought the rollneck – it’s a great shirt! Feel free to wear that with any of the full suits you bought (purple, teal, or tartan) as well as with any of the blazers paired with navy pants. It’s a simple look that gives off that casual while still classy look.

Yes you are right, we had talked about 3 different ways to wear – they were classy, smart, and casual. Classy is basically any of your full suits with a white shirt and black tie combination. This gives off the James Bond look, class and ease –it’s someone who knows what fits and doesn’t bother with crazy ties or shirts because the suit is good enough. Next is the smart look. That would be any of your suits or blazer and pant combinations that I had mentioned in the previous email worn with a button-up shirt and no tie. This is almost a dressed down version of a suit. You can spice it up with colourful socks or a colourful pocket square since you will not be wearing a tie and thus won’t be stealing any attention away from the tie. This look is more appropriate for daytime things like lunches or casual nights out like clubs and such. Finally, there is the casual look. This would consist of wearing the roll neck with any of the suiting combinations (as mentioned in my first paragraph). This gives off a look of wealth – the roll-neck is not worn by a lot of people but when paired with a suit jacket or blazer it help to distinguish you from others at an event in a cleaned up, respected way.

And about the socks – sorry! I had thought that you bought the striped pack. Either way, when I say gray socks I basically mean monochromatic – don’t wear the outfit with colourful socks, stick to black and greys. The colourful socks obviously also means feel free to have fun!

Cheers, XXX”

And that's NOT my entire wardrobe--not by a long stretch. I have tons of other clothes. This was merely one installment of shopping: A day's purchases. Only about $2,000.00, or more.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

:D

:purdy:
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

:D :D

bruce

Unread post by bruce »

extralegs2020

You can see what kind of a character I have become.
All told, quite a dude.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

extralegs2014 wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 17:22 You can see what kind of a character I have become.
Indeed.

Bozo the Mystic.

evs

Unread post by evs »

extralegs2014 wrote: 27 Jan 2020, 17:22 You can see what kind of a character I have become.
All told, quite a dude.
All joke aside, I’m a close friend of a lady who nearly became a victim of a psychopathic predator. It was pretty dramatic to watch him change from a seductive, seemingly attractive mysterioso to a eunuch-like, frigid, uncommunicative, psychopathic character. I’ve never met him but have a pretty good idea of him from my friend telling me about their relationship. She nearly left her husband of 20+ years over that man.

The bad thing about psychos is that they can identify a potential victim very easily between the vulnerable and emotionally starved. The good thing about psychos is that they can’t keep up appearances up close, they seem to crumble into mediocrity and mental illness as soon as contact with them is more than just a text and a phone call.

~ plaid ~
extralegs2020

Yes, but I am a 'well-dressed psychopath'.
Extremely well spoken; and extremely well dressed.
(But not the kind of person you would want to mess with!)

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I dunno, Leggs. The description of those suits conjures up images of pimps or circus-performers. Purple, teal...plaid ? Really ? =))))

extralegs2020

mimi wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 08:34 I dunno, Leggs. The description of those suits conjures up images of pimps or circus-performers. Purple, teal...plaid ? Really ? =))))

Those are good suits. They look good on me, good on anyone.
I don't know how they come across in print, but in real life they are great!
Remember, I would only wear a white shirt and plain black tie with them. Too much colour ruins the look. The suit is enough and says it all.
As advised.
That is the art of dressing well. If you don't follow the rules, you mess it up.
AND THEN .... you look like a parrot--or a clown.
But if you follow the guides, you look really sharp!

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Show me ONE picture, where ANY of those colours would possibly look good in a mans' suit.

extralegs2020

No can do.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Exactly.

extralegs2020

But not because it doesn't look good.
It's because of the technological hassles of putting a personal pic on this board.
If I could find in online, it's a go.
But I can't.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

evs

Unread post by evs »

extralegs2014 wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 08:22 Yes, but I am a 'well-dressed psychopath'.
Extremely well spoken; and extremely well dressed.
(But not the kind of person you would want to mess with!)
But you are also a cold fish. You don’t care if these women you are with or you think you are with live or die. If they get sick for some reason you’d just toss them to the curb. You are basically not really human, you are dressed up and acting so to resemble a human. You will die alone in an unchanged diaper, probably glad you made ppl in your life miserable.

Edit: not your fault tho. And there is nothing you can do about it. We are all something.

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 11:00 But not because it doesn't look good.
It's because of the technological hassles of putting a personal pic on this board.
But I can't.

Not asking you to post a personal pic. ANY picture of ANYBODY wearing suits of those colours, that look good. Anyone other than a pimp, a clown, or an entertainer.

extralegs2020

You can see why those women flock to me, including the young ones.
Who could resist a man who has everything, and so much to offer?
And he knows it, too?

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
evs

Unread post by evs »

Who can resist? Everybody:))

~ plaid ~
SCOUSE

Unread post by SCOUSE »

Presumably Extracurries in his infinite knowledge and wisdom isn’t aware that in this day and age we have smartphones which can take a photograph of an item and upload the image to the internet in a matter of minutes.

He must still be rocking his old Nokia 3310.

Hugo Boss wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 17:36 The Blurt cries out in pain as he strikes you!
extralegs2020

Yes but then you have to find a website to upload it, and I don't know one.
Also, it has to be entirely anonymous so that I can't be traced.
Too much technology gets to me. There is just more and more of it that I must learn.
If it is necessary I learn it; if not, I'll pass.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
SCOUSE

Unread post by SCOUSE »

Google ‘Free image upload’......you’re welcome.

Hugo Boss wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 17:36 The Blurt cries out in pain as he strikes you!
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Repeat...
mimi wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 12:46
extralegs2014 wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 11:00 But not because it doesn't look good.
But I can't.

Not asking you to post a personal pic. ANY picture of ANYBODY wearing suits of those colours, that look good. Anyone other than a pimp, a clown, or an entertainer.

extralegs2020

How am I going to find pics of those exact same suits? I bought them at a clothing store.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
SCOUSE

Unread post by SCOUSE »

Yeah you probably will struggle to find photos of charity shop garments online.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

extralegs2014 wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 14:38 How am I going to find pics of those exact same suits? I bought them at a clothing store.
Stay with the tour.
I have not asked for a picture of those exact same suits. I said....COLOUR. ANY suit, in THOSE COLOURS, that look good.

extralegs2020

Well, the teal suit would look something like this.
I'll see if I can find some others.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
extralegs2020

Purple.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"