What Is a Karen ?

Register accountRead the forum rules
asal

Re: What Is a Karen ?

Unread post by asal »

This (first) one happened in Port Coquitlam, so it's local. It's embarrassing all around - but the karen's dance steals the show:

https://youtu.be/Pl63xW1rmwg

Get in on it.
extralegs2020

Unread post by extralegs2020 »

It's sort of like a 'Kraken', with an extra 'K'.

"EXTRA LEGS 2024"
A FIGURE MORE LEGENDARY THAN THAT OF THE MAHDI, THE AWAITED SAVIOUR, HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND. THE THREADS OF THE WORLD EVENTS HAVE WOVEN MANY A FINE DESIGN IN HUMAN LIFE BUT THE PATTERN OF THE MAHDI STANDS HIGH ABOVE EVERY OTHER PATTERN
evs

Unread post by evs »

Dave Fiddes wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 07:49
Irina wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 09:55 Gary, you really could work on improving your posting skills, sweetie?
Irina - maybe Gary is a troll hiding behind a made up name.
Who knows eh:) How about you, troll or not?:)

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

asal wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 13:56 This (first) one happened in Port Coquitlam, so it's local. It's embarrassing all around - but the karen's dance steals the show:
Embarrassing is an understatement. :(

asal

Unread post by asal »

mimi wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 15:47
asal wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 13:56 This (first) one happened in Port Coquitlam, so it's local. It's embarrassing all around - but the karen's dance steals the show:
Embarrassing is an understatement. :(
She apologized, and I believe she's sincere: https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/woman-from ... -1.5007015

VANCOUVER -- A woman caught on camera making racist remarks to a pair of women of colour in Coquitlam’s Minnekhada Regional Park has come forward to apologize and offer her version of what happened on Sunday evening.

“They said some things that triggered me and it made me angry and I said some things that I shouldn’t have,” said Andrea Tylczak, who is white.

The video starts in the middle of a dispute between Tylczak and two other women over proper etiquette in the park when it comes to picking berries.
Related Stories

Coquitlam women told to 'go back to where you came from' while in B.C. park

The two women had broken branches off a bush so they could snack on the berries while walking.

Tylczak saw them with the branches and told them they should have just picked the berries and left the branches intact.

“Eat all the berries you want, just don’t take the bush with you,” she says shortly after the video begins.

Things escalated quickly from there with Elika Gholizadeh and her friend asking the woman to mind her own business.

“You know that is the f--king rudest thing you’ve said to me! Go back where you came from if you want to use language like that,” Tylczak says in the video.

In an interview with CTV News, Tylczak agreed her comment was racist but she insists it’s not what she intended to say and that in the heat of the moment her words came out wrong.

She says she meant to tell the women to go home.

“It was not about any underlying bias,” Tylczak said. “The whole thing was a bad mistake and I deeply, deeply regret it. That’s what I would like to say to them, and I would like to say to anyone who saw the video, that I deeply regret it. It does not reflect my beliefs in any way.”

All three women in the two-minute video are Canadian but, in an ironic twist, Tylczak is the only immigrant involved in the situation.

She is originally from the Seattle area and moved to Vancouver about 25 years ago.

Gholizadeh says she and her friend, who are both of Persian descent, decided to share the video to demonstrate that Canada is not immune from acts of racism.

“People shouldn’t be able to just treat people that way and talk to people that way for something like the colour of their skin,” she said.

For her part, Tylczak says she immediately regretted saying what she did so she waited in the parking lot, hoping to apologize to the other two women, but she did not see them again.

Get in on it.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Aww...I'm glad she came to her senses. =)

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

I had my birthday dinner tonight at my parents...dad was complaining about something as usual...my mom looks at me and says, 'what's the male version of karen?'.. .that was hilarious! ...even more funny, my dad has never heard of it....😂

:purdy:
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

omg.....Happy Birthday Berry !!!!!! :sohappy: :cheerleader:

Berry Sweet

Thx meems...my actual birthday is tomorrow...I complained that the numbers on the cake were mixed up and should actually be 24 :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Nooooooooo ! :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Feeling young is THE key to remaining yong.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Happy b-day in three minutes, bers!! 🎂

~ plaid ~
Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

mimi wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 21:25 Feeling young is THE key to remaining yong.
Shit.. my wife is 7 years older than me... :(

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Berry Sweet

Irina wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 23:57 Happy b-day in three minutes, bers!! 🎂
Thank you!

Berry Sweet

mimi wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 21:25 Feeling young is THE key to remaining yong.
That's what I'm doing!

evs

Unread post by evs »

You are so young ber:)

~ plaid ~
Mona

Unread post by Mona »

As someone who works in retail and deals with multiple complaining customers... I can guarantee you that the "karen" attitude is not restricted to women.

In this age of entitlement, people seem to expect that even if their own stupidity caused their item to break, or stop working, that they are due a replacement or a refund simply because they yell loudly and threaten to take their complaint to social media. And unfortunately, businesses cave to these kinds of threats, making the staff look stupid for saying they can't do what they're not supposed to, when a higher up makes a decision to cave after further stress and tantrums from the customer.

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

Mona wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 17:44 As someone who works in retail and deals with multiple complaining customers... I can guarantee you that the "karen" attitude is not restricted to women.

In this age of entitlement, people seem to expect that even if their own stupidity caused their item to break, or stop working, that they are due a replacement or a refund simply because they yell loudly and threaten to take their complaint to social media. And unfortunately, businesses cave to these kinds of threats, making the staff look stupid for saying they can't do what they're not supposed to, when a higher up makes a decision to cave after further stress and tantrums from the customer.
at my old job, the owner was awesome.... because we catered to a class of ppl that weren't really welcome anywhere else, his motto was - the customer is always wrong.... it was a very liberating environment for employees.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Markus

Unread post by Markus »

deadskinmask wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 17:47 at my old job, the owner was awesome.... because we catered to a class of ppl that weren't really welcome anywhere else, his motto was - the customer is always wrong.... it was a very liberating environment for employees.... :D
I've dealt with Karens multiple times while working as a meter maid. Forget that they are oblivious to the fact their parking job has created significant safety hazards for other motorists and pedestrians, they try to bully their way out of the fine and usually part with these final words... "how do you sleep at night you cock-sucker", "get a real job you asshole", "I'm calling your supervisor you fucking loser", "how dare you give a ticket to a single mom on welfare you jerk".

I mentally scroll dozens of pre-programed responses in my repertoire (similar to the original Terminator) and answer thus, respectively:

I sleep very well thank you once I kick your momma out of my bed.
It doesn't get any more real than this.
I lost my supervisor a long time ago. If you can find him, that'd be great.
I should have guessed you were a welfare mom by the piece of shit car you drive.

These are the tamer responses on the list but still had to make sure nobody was within ear shot.

The City Parking Office motto is "They're All Guilty"

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
Sargent Smellibitz

MARKUS wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 19:04
deadskinmask wrote: 06 Jul 2020, 17:47 at my old job, the owner was awesome.... because we catered to a class of ppl that weren't really welcome anywhere else, his motto was - the customer is always wrong.... it was a very liberating environment for employees.... :D
I've dealt with Karens multiple times while working as a meter maid. Forget that they are oblivious to the fact their parking job has created significant safety hazards for other motorists and pedestrians, they try to bully their way out of the fine and usually part with these final words... "how do you sleep at night you cock-sucker", "get a real job you asshole", "I'm calling your supervisor you fucking loser", "how dare you give a ticket to a single mom on welfare you jerk".

I mentally scroll dozens of pre-programed responses in my repertoire (similar to the original Terminator) and answer thus, respectively:

I sleep very well thank you once I kick your momma out of my bed.
It doesn't get any more real than this.
I lost my supervisor a long time ago. If you can find him, that'd be great.
I should have guessed you were a welfare mom by the piece of shit car you drive.

These are the tamer responses on the list but still had to make sure nobody was within ear shot.

The City Parking Office motto is "They're All Guilty"
:D

Scumbag!

asal

Unread post by asal »

A complaint of Karens caught on Bourbon Street in New Orleans on Halloween, scary!:

https://www.tiktok.com/@shaunalaneee/vi ... 38?lang=en

Get in on it.
Sargent Smellibitz

Gary Oak wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 03:47 I have seen this term “ Karen” , what is a Karen ? Yes I am aware that Karen is a girls name or as Justin Trudeau would say a peoplekinds name but it appears to have another meaning.now. What is it ?
Karens are Mimi's...

Really bossy but has the intellectual acumen of a potted plant...

Odinson

Unread post by Odinson »

This is your average woman..

Spasticus Autisticus

Unread post by Spasticus Autisticus »

Wonder why the name Karen was used to describe such a person. Is it an acronym or something? Actually, I’ve crossed paths with a few Karens over the years (at work, high school, university and know a couple from the neighbourhood) and they have all been decent, likeable gals.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I feel sorry for anybody whose real name IS Karen. :(
But like most stupid trends, this will pass.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Ditto.

~ plaid ~
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

How many recounts fatso?

asal

Unread post by asal »

Get in on it.
SCOUSE

Unread post by SCOUSE »

I notice the mainstream media and online social media influencers have tried to spin things so that females arguing against wearing masks are branded 'Karens', whereas before it was fussy, hysterical women complaining about people not wearing masks who were called that.

It is always of course white women who are being mocked. It would be considered racist to create a trend belittling any other race. :rolleyes:

Hugo Boss wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 17:36 The Blurt cries out in pain as he strikes you!