I'm sure glad there's no Gay Pride Parade in Vancouver this year

Register accountRead the forum rules
J0E

I'm sure glad there's no Gay Pride Parade in Vancouver this year

Unread post by J0E »

...now I can get my city back.

And I don't have to leave town this year.

Actually, if they insist on keeping this dreaded tradition, there should be a day for heterosexuals too to have their day of drunken debauchery & naked women parading through the streets of Vancouver.

Fair is fair.

We need to blow off steam too.

Skipper

Re: I'm sure glad there's no Gay Pride Parade in Vancouver this year

Unread post by Skipper »

Haven't we seen this tread before :blink:

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

J0E wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 13:58 ...now I can get my city back.

Actually, if they insist on keeping this dreaded tradition, there should be a day for heterosexuals too to have their day of drunken debauchery & naked women parading through the streets of Vancouver.

Fair is fair.

So...no naked men ? :eyebrow:

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

I went to the gay pride parade 2 years ago...I got a bunch of free stuff, it was fun!

:purdy:
7.83 Hz

Unread post by 7.83 Hz »

Fair is fair.

Yeah, good luck with that. The last time anyone tried to hold a straight pride parade, activists within the LGBTQ community insisted it was a direct attack on them and raised merry hell to get it banned and for businesses to remove their sponsorship of it under threat of boycott.

I personally didn't mind a pride parade, I got to see a few of them, living and working in what was effectively "rainbow central" in Ottawa for a few years. There were a couple of leather lads who lived up the hall in one of the apartments I lived at, I saw two of them walking their puppy. And just so we're cear, by "puppy" I mean a guy in a dog gimp mask, leather harness, leash... the whole nine yards. Nothing to get excited over, they weren't hurting anyone... at least not where I could see it.

And I viewed the idea of a straight pride parade in exactly the same light. I've been on this rock long enough to remember the arguments why they were initially held, but that era has largely passed. These days the atmosphere is more celebratory of the lifestyle. I'm supposed to accept that straights are afforded less rights than the LGBTQ community? Sorry, that sounds discriminatory to me.

It certainly soured me against being around any LGBTQ rallies, I'll tell you that much. And that's probably a shame because I'm pretty sure not all of their participants can be tarred with the same brush as the activists who would demand they be the only ones to party in such a fashion. Like you, I tend to find an excuse to be anywhere else these days, but that's what you get for being intolerant of others really.

And yeah, I know I'm missing out some letters when I say LGBTQ, I haven't been bothered to keep up with the laundry list of "acceptable groups" they've brought under their banner. Most of the factions contain activists that cannot stand each other and behave appallingly each others company, so it's not a surprise to me that they'd go all feral about a straight pride parade.

It just makes it incredibly difficult to accept them when they aren't prepared to return the courtesy.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

mimi wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 16:05

Fair is fair.

So...no naked men ? :eyebrow:
Too bad fer you, eh mimi?

Actually, if they merely walked down the street in plain clothes instead of acting stupid, I could respect that.

It's usually the men who make spectacles of themselves, start screaming at the top of their lungs and act like idiots.

I'm inclined to respect the 'L' part of the movement more because the lesbians act like normal people.

At least the lesbians tend to act respectable in public.

Plus they don't spread HIV/AIDS or are caught in acts of pedophilia.

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

A lot of assumptions ^^^.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

J0E wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 18:04
Too bad fer you, eh mimi?

Actually, if they merely walked down the street in plain clothes instead of acting stupid, I could respect that.

It's usually the men who make spectacles of themselves, start screaming at the top of their lungs and act like idiots.

I'm inclined to respect the 'L' part of the movement more because the lesbians act like normal people.

I see what you mean. Heterosexual men never act like idiots. :rolleyes:

Blurt

Unread post by Blurt »

J0E wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 18:04

1. You haven't been around many people in the LGBT community, have you?

2. (And, directly addressing your last point), you have a poor understanding of HIV/AIDS, don't you?

For someone who lives in Vancouver, you must be given a failing grade.

And will you stop creating the same threads over and over, goddammit! Just. Fucking. Stop.

7.83 Hz

Unread post by 7.83 Hz »

J0E wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 18:04 I'm inclined to respect the 'L' part of the movement
I'm waiting for them to add R to the list. It occurs to me that if there is a transgender cadre, there is scope for a Racialfluid one too.

Imagine the implications for the next pride parade... a float of people in blackface and otherwise appropriating whatever culture they identify with at any given moment, political correctness no longer a thing "because don't you oppress me motherfucker".

And racialfluids would fit right in since the various other arms of the RLOMGWTFBBQ brigade would treat them with equal disdain.
mimi wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 19:34 I see what you mean. Heterosexual men never act like idiots. :rolleyes:
Maybe he needs to watch more politics.