Mexico as a preferred Retirement Destination?

Register accountRead the forum rules
J0E

Mexico as a preferred Retirement Destination?

Unread post by J0E »

....hmm I'd think twice about it...

Lochdubh

Re: Mexico as a preferred Retirement Destination?

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Sadly it's a narco-state run by the Cartels with the collusion of many politicians and police officers.

Most of the individual Mexicans I've encountered are hardworking family-oriented souls. The country itself has a diverse beauty ranging from tropical forests to mountainous deserts. The food is frequently delcious. they have wonderful beaches, important historical sites, and an active and creative art scene. they had oil, but seemed to (for the most part) have pissed it away.
My favourite Mexican saying is an old one............"Poor Mexico, so far from God, and so close to the United States."

Sergio Perez (driving for Red Bull) just became the first Mexican driver to win the Monaco Grand Prix.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Lochdubh wrote: 29 May 2022, 09:31 Sadly it's a narco-state run by the Cartels with the collusion of many politicians and police officers.
Politicians in every state are always clouding with someone, it’s in their job description.

~ plaid ~
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

I drove across Mexico a few years back. Saw lots of shit. People trying to rip me off. A shoot out in Mazatlan. Little girls prostituting along the highway in little dirty towns... and I do mean little girls. Elementary school aged. Lots of guns.

I came to get down.
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Private ownership of firearms by Mexican citizens is highly restricted. Are you sure you were not in Texas?

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Right down the west coast of Mehico. I was in the heart of the Sinaloa Cartel while el Chapo was in power.

I came to get down.
‎‎J0E‎

Unread post by ‎‎J0E‎ »

You spelled Mexico wrong you simpleton. Maybe you should go live there eh Eddie?

‎‎Image
bill barilko

Unread post by bill barilko »

Mexico isn't the cheap third world country people who've never been there think-I first started visiting in the early 80's and saw the economy grow 4 to 5% a year every year since people have money now* and they're all a lot fatter.

* actually since the mid 90's when people started to approach me on the street trying to buy things off me like my old Swiss Army watch they had money but few consumer goods that's changed now.

In any case unless you speak fluent Spanish like I do you'll never clue into how the place works-see Joe's clueless posts for details.

'The past is never dead. It's not even past' William Faulkner
Markus

Unread post by Markus »

Edward wrote: 29 May 2022, 15:04 Right down the west coast of Mehico. I was in the heart of the Sinaloa Cartel while el Chapo was in power.

NO FLESH SHALL BE SPARED
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

I love Mexico. Mexico City, San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato. All of the coastal cities. So many interesting things to see. Way cheaper then Costa Rica.

Vivek_Golikeri

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

As persons, Mexicans are often adorable human beings. Yet as a country Mexico is a nightmare. One would be crazy to choose to live there.

asal

Unread post by asal »

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 10:12 As persons, Mexicans are often adorable human beings. Yet as a country Mexico is a nightmare. One would be crazy to choose to live there.
Unless you like cheese, mexican music, tortillas, and horchata.

Get in on it.
bill barilko

Unread post by bill barilko »

I'd retire there in a flash if my health was better.

'The past is never dead. It's not even past' William Faulkner
Beam Reach

Unread post by Beam Reach »

There's two Mexicos. One for people with money. The other skanky one is where mutants like Eddie go. :laff:

Beam Reach

Unread post by Beam Reach »

Dead flies in the toilet, etc. Eddie's choice. :laff:

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

bill barilko wrote: 10 Jun 2022, 18:59 I'd retire there in a flash if my health was better.
Do you think covid damaged ur health bill?

Are you a long hauler?