Was it absolutely necessary for Israel to bomb Gaza the way they have?

Register accountRead the forum rules
soon

Re: Was it absolutely necessary for Israel to bomb Gaza the way they have?

Unread post by soon »

the important thing to remember is that israel was supposed to bee a two state solution yet it isn't. only one state was immediately recognized while the other was politically frozen out.
Canada is not the only country where the idea of unilateral recognition of Palestine, without waiting for Israel, has gained ground since the war in Gaza began.

The Biden administration, U.K. Foreign Secretary David Cameron and French President Emmanuel Macron have all sent signals that they are moving in that direction.

Last month the Biden official leaked the news that it was not just thinking about recognition, but actively drawing up plans for recognition to go into effect once the war in Gaza ends.

That came just days after Cameron, a former prime minister, said British recognition of Palestine "can't come at the start of the process, but it doesn't have to be the very end of the process."

Last month France's Emmanuel Macron said his country had come to the same conclusion.

"Recognizing a Palestinian state is not a taboo for France,'' Macron said after meeting in Paris with Jordan's King Abdullah.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
caskur

Unread post by caskur »

soon wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 16:34 the important thing to remember is that israel was supposed to bee a two state solution yet it isn't. only one state was immediately recognized while the other was politically frozen out.
Supposed to be a two state solution? Said who? I never heard Palestinians say they wanted that nor have the Israeli said they wanted that. The only people I have heard talk of a "2 state solution," are left wing politicians.... and only two pollies at that.

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

caskur wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 01:55
soon wrote: 18 Mar 2024, 16:34 the important thing to remember is that israel was supposed to bee a two state solution yet it isn't. only one state was immediately recognized while the other was politically frozen out.
Supposed to be a two state solution? Said who? I never heard Palestinians say they wanted that nor have the Israeli said they wanted that. The only people I have heard talk of a "2 state solution," are left wing politicians.... and only two pollies at that.
twa-state is viewed as "received wisdom" by the American Establishment....... both parties.
Pork is neither kosher or halal, but ........when pigs fly.

it is axiomatic in the States that if the evil party and the stupid party concur, then whatever they agree to will be both evil and stupid.

where your wok?

soon

Unread post by soon »

i'll repost this for the less educated among us.
After looking at alternatives, the UN proposed terminating the Mandate and partitioning Palestine into two independent States, one Palestinian Arab and the other Jewish, with Jerusalem internationalized (Resolution 181 (II) of 1947). One of the two envisaged States proclaimed its independence as Israel and in the 1948 war involving neighbouring Arab States expanded to 77 percent of the territory of mandate Palestine, including the larger part of Jerusalem. Over half of the Palestinian Arab population fled or were expelled. Jordan and Egypt controlled the rest of the territory assigned by resolution 181 to the Arab State.

https://www.un.org/unispal/history/

soon

Unread post by soon »

see, i didn't dream up the two state solution. although initially i was a lot like caskur, wilfully ignorant, this is what i managed to learn after three or so weeks looking into this stuff.
After non-binding motion, Canada to halt arms exports to Israel

The motion was part of a larger vote calling on the international community to work toward a two-state solution to resolve the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians, in line with Canadian government policy.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/after-non ... to-israel/

soon

Unread post by soon »

oh bibi, you've lost a ton of support and you've no one to blame but yourself.

caskur

Unread post by caskur »

With any luck the middle east as we know it will disappear off the face of the earth...

Good riddance to bad rubbish and let's hope China and Russia disappear with them.

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

Soon is a Muppet Baby.. some truths, but a whole lot of bullshit babble :(

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

soon wrote: 19 Mar 2024, 19:50 oh bibi, you've lost a ton of support and you've no one to blame but yourself.
Bibi was already in the cross hairs because of his semi-successful efforts to change the role of the courts vs the Executive.
He branded himself as the "security PM" and fell flat on his schnozz on October 7th as did the Mossad and Shin Bet.
Area commanders in the IDF cam out looking less than stellar as well. Once the guns fall silent, it will be time for an accounting, interviews without coffee, and eventually an actual Dies Irae.