Was it absolutely necessary for Israel to bomb Gaza the way they have?

Register accountRead the forum rules
J0E

Was it absolutely necessary for Israel to bomb Gaza the way they have?

Unread post by J0E »

While I understand Israel's need to defend itself and fight Hamas, I just don't see how completely obliterating Gaza makes any sense.

Plus the blowback towards Israel and Jews around the World has been quite evident.

What do you folks think? Was Israel's actions/reactions excessive, not enough, or just right?

Sargent Smellibitz

Re: Was it absolutely necessary for Israel to bomb Gaza the way they have?

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

Has Thiel sent you flowers recently?

Like the most romantic ensemble that any FTD florist can muster?

I'm praying for you guys.

It's a match made in heaven. :thumbup:

Vivek_Golikeri

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

Israel may indeed make mistakes or go too far sometimes. Yet hindsight is a luxury not afforded to those who are pushed to the wall. I regret the suffering of innocent Gazans caught in the middle, but human shielding is why Israel is forced to bomb civilian targets.

We carpet-bombed helpless civilians in Vietnam and dropped Agent Orange on them. Yet America was never in mortal danger during the Vietnam War, as Israel is today. Yes, Israel may sometimes miscalculate and go too far. But if we don't stop Hamas and other terrorists on the opposite side of the world, terror will come to America streets and cities.

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

The correct answer is no. Netanyahu imitates Fatso who imitates Putin. Sick as fuck

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 10:25 Israel may indeed make mistakes or go too far sometimes. Yet hindsight is a luxury not afforded to those who are pushed to the wall. I regret the suffering of innocent Gazans caught in the middle, but human shielding is why Israel is forced to bomb civilian targets.

We carpet-bombed helpless civilians in Vietnam and dropped Agent Orange on them. Yet America was never in mortal danger during the Vietnam War, as Israel is today. Yes, Israel may sometimes miscalculate and go too far. But if we don't stop Hamas and other terrorists on the opposite side of the world, terror will come to America streets and cities.
I thought Iraq was your country's worst transgression.

Trump isn't my favorite character, but it seems the political establishment let W Bush/Cheney get away with War crimes against the state, destroying your economy which led to the 2008 financial crisis and then blamed Trump for all the excesses of the Bush administration from which the USA still hasn't recovered.

At least with Trump, apart from 'bombing the shit out of ISIS' which he said he'd do, unlike Bush he didn't plunge the US into any more major wars after that.

W Bush was the really Bad one & yet Americans let that shitbag & his Evil Henchman Dick Cheney get away with murder. And a large number of conservative Republicans actually publicly stated this and agree with liberals whom they despise and usually disagree with. So in a rare instance when American liberals and conservatives agree on something then they both must be right.

caskur

Unread post by caskur »

All I know is the 3 top Hamas leaders have 11 billion between them.

They won't be suffering in the places in Dubai...

NEW DELHI: The leadership of Hamas reportedly enjoys a life of opulence and wealth, with a combined fortune estimated at $11 billion. These senior figures have found a haven in Qatar, where they reside in luxurious accommodations and have access to private jets and other trappings of a lavish lifestyle, a New York Post report said.
The leaders in question, including Ismail Haniyeh, Moussa Abu Marzuk, and Khaled Mashal, have been seen enjoying the high life in various locations, including Qatar and Turkey. Their wealth is said to come from various sources, including support from Qatar, which is alleged to provide Hamas with significant financial aid annually.
According to the report, the three leaders have been observed frequently visiting diplomatic clubs, travelling in private jets, and it was anticipated that they would attend the 2022 soccer World Cup as well.

Any leader in the western world giving aid to Palestine is taking the food out of our kids mouths to support criminals.

And my advice would be, just don't do it.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Pro Israel march today passed on Denman Street. My neighbor friends went to the pro Palestinian march on Friday.

I came to get down.
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

caskur wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 14:46 All I know is the 3 top Hamas leaders have 11 billion between them.

NEW DELHI: The leadership of Hamas reportedly enjoys a life of opulence and wealth, with a combined fortune estimated at $11 billion. These senior figures have found a haven in Qatar, where they reside in luxurious accommodations and have access to private jets and other trappings of a lavish lifestyle, a New York Post report said.
The leaders in question, including Ismail Haniyeh, Moussa Abu Marzuk, and Khaled Mashal, have been seen enjoying the high life in various locations, including Qatar and Turkey. Their wealth is said to come from various sources, including support from Qatar, which is alleged to provide Hamas with significant financial aid annually.
According to the report, the three leaders have been observed frequently visiting diplomatic clubs, travelling in private jets, and it was anticipated that they would attend the 2022 soccer World Cup as well.

Any leader in the western world giving aid to Palestine is taking the food out of our kids mouths to support criminals.

And my advice would be, just don't do it.
Nobody want's your advice, bitch.

I came to get down.
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

caskur wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 14:46 All I know is the 3 top Hamas leaders have 11 billion between them.

I don't like any of them, caskur.

Neither side does anything for the planet and both sides whine so much.
"Oh poor me! The other side is Evil and I'm good! But I still like killing them!"

Hamas is scummy.
So is Israel and their leaders.

Islam is all about absolute power at the top and giving little or anything to their masses.

ie the wealthy sheiks of the Arab Gulf own everything in those states and have absolute power over their subjects/citizens.

In that regard, Hamas is no different.

But that doesn't make Israel any less scummy either.

It'd be nice if they obliterated each other so the rest of the planet could have a good night's sleep.

Sargent Smellibitz

^^^ I stand with Joe...

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

...at the altar.

I came to get down.
Sargent Smellibitz

No, that's either Thiel or you... whoever wins the pillow fight competition.

caskur

Unread post by caskur »

J0E wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 21:50

I don't like any of them, caskur.

Neither side does anything for the planet and both sides whine so much.
"Oh poor me! The other side is Evil and I'm good! But I still like killing them!"

Hamas is scummy.
So is Israel and their leaders.

Islam is all about absolute power at the top and giving little or anything to their masses.

ie the wealthy sheiks of the Arab Gulf own everything in those states and have absolute power over their subjects/citizens.

In that regard, Hamas is no different.

But that doesn't make Israel any less scummy either.

It'd be nice if they obliterated each other so the rest of the planet could have a good night's sleep.
Well we will have to see what happens...

The Chinese are trying to start a war now too.

weebles

Unread post by weebles »

Israel defends its people with missiles while hamas defends it missiles with people.

weebles

Unread post by weebles »

Ok done my YouTube rantings

But why the heck does the Aussie news make more sense then both the CBC and BBC?

Vivek_Golikeri

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

weebles wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 17:43 Israel defends its people with missiles while Hamas defends it missiles with people.
This is what I have always argued. However, I was very annoyed when I learned that Israel had cut off water and electricity to Gaza's civilian population. How is that a military tactic? That merely causes more suffering to a hassled population.

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 06:58
weebles wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 17:43 Israel defends its people with missiles while Hamas defends it missiles with people.
This is what I have always argued. However, I was very annoyed when I learned that Israel had cut off water and electricity to Gaza's civilian population. How is that a military tactic? That merely causes more suffering to a hassled population.
Depriving a civilian population of necessities is as old as war itself.
If you seek to understand the Zionist mindset have a dekko at the Old Testament book of Joshua describing the ethnic cleansing of the Canaanites back in the Bronze Age. Shit like that makes one a candidate for the Hague in the twenty-first century, but typically only if YOUR side eventually loses.

https://biblehub.com/joshua/

soon

Unread post by soon »

how is it americans are up in arms about america's involvement in the ukraine yet not a word is said about supporting israel.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Lochdubh wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 09:28
Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 06:58 This is what I have always argued. However, I was very annoyed when I learned that Israel had cut off water and electricity to Gaza's civilian population. How is that a military tactic? That merely causes more suffering to a hassled population.
Depriving a civilian population of necessities is as old as war itself.
If you seek to understand the Zionist mindset have a dekko at the Old Testament book of Joshua describing the ethnic cleansing of the Canaanites back in the Bronze Age. Shit like that makes one a candidate for the Hague in the twenty-first century, but typically only if YOUR side eventually loses.

https://biblehub.com/joshua/

King Leopold II of Belgium is now considered one of the most evil men in history.

His colonization of the Congo killed and maimed millions of Black Congolese & yet he is rarely demonized like Hitler.

For years post WWII Western nations condemned Rhodesia & South Africa for apartheid. But compared with Leopold and Belgium they treated their Blacks better. At least they let them live and didn't amputate their hands.

Even the Nazis might not have been as bad as Belgium

soon

Unread post by soon »

is it because of all the raping by the vile terrorists? i mean, the 'news' press sure covered that in trumpian proportions. but there was a lot of raping and pillaging that occurred in the ukraine too though?

soon

Unread post by soon »

i would also think it more important to keep putin's ambition in check than continuing to prop up a nation going the way of putin.

Lochdubh

soon wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 11:57 is it because of all the raping by the vile terrorists? i mean, the 'news' press sure covered that in trumpian proportions. but there was a lot of raping and pillaging that occurred in the ukraine too though?
Who controls American media? It would be difficult to convince most people paying attention for the last seventy years or so that Jews do not punch well above their weight in print, television, etc. With each passing day, as Islamic populations increase due to immigration in the West, Jewish influence diminishes and most people forty or younger could not identify with Holocaust victims. Eventually there will be a tipping point

Hamas was certainly ham-handed in their assault on the kibbutzim and the rave in the desert. Don't think there are too many people without a dog in the fight that view decapitating babies, shooting entire families, taking hostages, and raping every woman they've gotten their paws on is "helping".
The hajjis have picked a fight with a people who (perhaps justifiably) feel their back is to the wall, and who have a demonstrated history of military capacity and the willingness to pull the trigger.

The Russian Army went all-Berlin on the folks in the Ukraine, and Putin has demonstrated a Stalin-like willingness to take casualties and wait out his enemy in a slug-fest that dwarfs anything seen in Europe since Hitler's last stand.
The Ukrainians have been unfortunate in their timing.....After A'Stan, the Iraq war etc., many American citizens are out of having fucks to give. All it would take would be the decision to put boots on the ground to move Putin into the win column.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i can't help but think these terrorist groups are a direct result of israeli actions since 1948. back against the wall or not.

Sargent Smellibitz

Lochdubh wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 14:53
soon wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 11:57 is it because of all the raping by the vile terrorists? i mean, the 'news' press sure covered that in trumpian proportions. but there was a lot of raping and pillaging that occurred in the ukraine too though?
Who controls American media? It would be difficult to convince most people paying attention for the last seventy years or so that Jews do not punch well above their weight in print, television, etc. With each passing day, as Islamic populations increase due to immigration in the West, Jewish influence diminishes and most people forty or younger could not identify with Holocaust victims. Eventually there will be a tipping point

Hamas was certainly ham-handed in their assault on the kibbutzim and the rave in the desert. Don't think there are too many people without a dog in the fight that view decapitating babies, shooting entire families, taking hostages, and raping every woman they've gotten their paws on is "helping".
The hajjis have picked a fight with a people who (perhaps justifiably) feel their back is to the wall, and who have a demonstrated history of military capacity and the willingness to pull the trigger.

The Russian Army went all-Berlin on the folks in the Ukraine, and Putin has demonstrated a Stalin-like willingness to take casualties and wait out his enemy in a slug-fest that dwarfs anything seen in Europe since Hitler's last stand.
The Ukrainians have been unfortunate in their timing.....After A'Stan, the Iraq war etc., many American citizens are out of having fucks to give. All it would take would be the decision to put boots on the ground to move Putin into the win column.
A good portion of the claims of Hamas atrocities have since been debunked. Not all though..

In some cases, Hamas hostage takers have even protected their hostages with their own bodies when Israel was bombing them.

It's war. There are no wholly good or bad actors.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Why can't people just leave Jews and Israel alone?

Leave other countries alone as well. Is it that hard to all work together? Why is it so hard? It should be simple. People are dumb.

:purdy:
J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Berry Sweet wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 21:27 Why can't people just leave Jews and Israel alone?

Leave other countries alone as well. Is it that hard to all work together? Why is it so hard? It should be simple. People are dumb.
I don't think they should leave Benjamin Netenyahu alone Fair Berr.

The man's a war criminal.

He kills babies and young children.

Children your daughter's age and younger.

Netenyahu is an Evil Man. He is practicing genocide, attempting to wipe out a race of people because of his hatred towards them.
He is indiscriminate in his actions. He doesn't just want to kill Hamas (which I approve of), he wants to wipe out the Palestinian people.
Netenyahu is a bloodthirsty ghoul.

Unfortuantely, Jewish people end up paying the price for his war crimes.
Netenyahu should be tried in the World Court of the Hague, brought to justice just like Slobadin Malosovic.
Same kind of evil man.

They get tarred and feathered because of the actions of one man just like Russians are getting pelted because of Vladmir Putin.

Lochdubh

soon wrote: 17 Mar 2024, 11:46 how is it americans are up in arms about america's involvement in the ukraine yet not a word is said about supporting israel.
Actually there are large anti-Israel public demonstrations in many urban areas. Many younger people (university age) who are not Jewish are actively pro-Hamas not just pro-Palestinian. There is a blurring of the lines between anti-semitism and anti-zionism. partially because since the end of the Second World War the vast majority of American Jews have been pro-Israel

The folks who object to involvement in the Ukraine are frequently against military or financial support to anyone, anywhere.

Truth be told, after several generations of active prolonged military campaigns, albeit many in "back burner" operations, a significant % in the working class have realized that Empire is not to their advantage. Trump understood that a tidal shift was underway as far back as 2016, and exploited it effectively. The entire Establishment apparatus has been predicated on continued involvement everywhere since FDR was POTUS, but the age of the Turtle, Schumer, and the Bush family is nearing an end. Senator Vance is a chap to keep an eye on going forward as far as conservative thought goes.

caskur

Unread post by caskur »

I got a shock yesterday when someone said the Israel war was 5 months old.

Very early in this clash I decided to totally ignore the war and them... and 5 months have slid by.. :wacko: 5 months :wacko:

My life is much better for it.

My advice, head in sand looks good so try it sometime. :biggrin: