Brampton Ontario dares the left to try and topple their new statue

Register accountRead the forum rules
Pantalon de Singe

Brampton Ontario dares the left to try and topple their new statue

Unread post by Pantalon de Singe »

Oddly the left seems disinterested in having it removed.

˙ǝlʎʇs ɯnɹoɟ ʇlnɐɟǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉsn pǝʍǝᴉʌ uǝɥʍ (ʞooqʇǝN ,,ᄅƖ) ʎɐldsᴉp xd 89ㄥ × ㄣᄅ0Ɩ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɐ uo (ɯɔ Ɛ~) ʇɥƃᴉǝɥ uᴉ ,,lɐɯɹoN,, ǝzᴉs ʇxǝʇ ɟo sǝuᴉl ϛ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ou ǝq plnoɥs sǝɹnʇɐuƃᴉS
Lochdubh

Re: Brampton Ontario dares the left to try and topple their new statue

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Pantalon de Singe wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 21:09

At the very least it could have been Ganesha :elephant:instead of Hindoo Jeebus

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

I thought it was the newest instalment of a Netflix produced Power Rangers sequel...

(If you look down below the scaffolding really hard you can see that our newest member of the Power Rangers team is a non-binary non gendered superhero unencumbered by the underling sexism and racism of Western one piece jump-suits pushed by the patriarchy and biological breeder motherfuckers who need to die die die die and give everyone their stuff)...

I for one shall have my eyes glued to my tiny screen when my solar power credit rebate allows me a brief connection for this one, when I'm not foraging for dandelions and standing in long queues for gluten free bread.

Viva la resistance!!!

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

I don't mind if a Hindu statue goes up, Pantie.
Neither should you.

I'd be more concerned if it was a huge mosque.

Hindus by and large, don't breed terrorists.
At least outside of their own ethnicity they generally aren't too violent.
Foreinstance, they don't around gang raping white girls like the Muslims do in places like Europe.
In fact, do you ever hear about the same crimes being committed by Hindus there?
I don't. It's always the Muslims. And sex trafficking too. Like Pakistanis in the UK.

And Marissa Shen was raped and killed by who else? A Muslim refugee. Wasn't a Hindu that did it.

Vivek_Golikeri

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

J0E wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 06:27
I don't mind if a Hindu statue goes up, Pantie. Neither should you. I'd be more concerned if it was a huge mosque.

Hindus by and large, don't breed terrorists. At least outside of their own ethnicity they generally aren't too violent.
For instance, they don't around gang raping white girls like the Muslims do in places like Europe. In fact, do you ever hear about the same crimes being committed by Hindus there? I don't. It's always the Muslims. And sex trafficking too. Like Pakistanis in the UK.

And Marissa Shen was raped and killed by who else? A Muslim refugee. Wasn't a Hindu that did it.
While Bruce and I dislike each other, I have to give limited agreement with the contents of this thread. Legally, those Hindus have their to put up that colossus. But what about the rights of Canadians who have lived in Brampton all their lives? One fine morning you look outside your window, and you feel like Moby Dick is taking up a goodly portion of the sky.

Property rights are tempered by zoning laws. Those Hindus could have shown a little more consideration for the locals' feelings by not shoving that Gulliver-sized giant into their Lilliputian faces. But the complaint that hit truest was when someone said: "We are called racist if we put up a huge statue of Sir John MacDonald. But these guys can shove this in our face?"

I am Indian only in the sense that Karl Marx or Sigmund Freud were Jewish. I am no more in sympathy with that Hindu center than I am in sympathy with immigrant-haters. Both sides have made mistakes. And if people want to live in Canada, there has got to be compromise and understanding with Canadians.

Vivek_Golikeri

J0E wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 06:27
I don't mind if a Hindu statue goes up, Pantie. Neither should you. I'd be more concerned if it was a huge mosque.

Hindus by and large, don't breed terrorists. At least outside of their own ethnicity they generally aren't too violent.
For instance, they don't around gang raping white girls like the Muslims do in places like Europe. In fact, do you ever hear about the same crimes being committed by Hindus there? I don't. It's always the Muslims. And sex trafficking too. Like Pakistanis in the UK.

While Bruce and I dislike each other, I have to give limited agreement with the contents of this thread. Legally, those Hindus have their to put up that colossus. But what about the rights of Canadians who have lived in Brampton all their lives? One fine morning you look outside your window, and you feel like Moby Dick is taking up a goodly portion of the sky.

Property rights are tempered by zoning laws. Those Hindus could have shown a little more consideration for the locals' feelings by not shoving that Gulliver-sized giant into their Lilliputian faces. But the complaint that hit truest was when someone said: "We are called racist if we put up a huge statue of Sir John MacDonald. But these guys can shove this in our face?"

I am Indian only in the sense that Karl Marx or Sigmund Freud were Jewish. I am no more in sympathy with that Hindu center than I am in sympathy with immigrant-haters. Both sides have made mistakes. And if people want to live in Canada, there has got to be compromise and understanding with Canadians.

Pantalon de Singe

Unread post by Pantalon de Singe »

˙ǝlʎʇs ɯnɹoɟ ʇlnɐɟǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉsn pǝʍǝᴉʌ uǝɥʍ (ʞooqʇǝN ,,ᄅƖ) ʎɐldsᴉp xd 89ㄥ × ㄣᄅ0Ɩ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɐ uo (ɯɔ Ɛ~) ʇɥƃᴉǝɥ uᴉ ,,lɐɯɹoN,, ǝzᴉs ʇxǝʇ ɟo sǝuᴉl ϛ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ou ǝq plnoɥs sǝɹnʇɐuƃᴉS
evs

Unread post by evs »

Ha! The “left” is fine with homoerotic imagery. As is Joe. Nothing to see here, move along.

~ plaid ~
Vivek_Golikeri

Pantalon, "the left" as such is not to blame here. Lack of zoning law is. If Brampton's city council had stepped in and passed new regulations against colossus statues, this whole circus would not be going on. That Hindu mandir has every right to have their Hanuman statue. What is not right is to impose it like a whale upon the entire neighborhood.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Why does the face look like that of an ape?

I came to get down.
Vivek_Golikeri

Edward wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 09:47 Why does the face look like that of an ape?
Because Hanuman is supposed to have been of the Vanar race, talking monkeys with a civilization somewhere in southern India. Blatant racism manifesting as mythology. The Aryans in northern Indian portraying the dark-skinned Dravidians in the south as monkeys. I have no more use for that Ramayana business than I do for the Halleluljah Brigade pushing their evangelical crap with me.

I am just as angry against immigrants who don't care to assimilate as I am with white racists who hate them. Keep your heritage, but respect the locals. Don't shove your ethnicity into their faces. That statue is unnecessarily too huge.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Oh.
:unsure:

I came to get down.
Vivek_Golikeri

On the other hand, I am proud that Hindu and Sikh temples in the UK, Canada or the States sometimes provide free food to the homeless people in their areas. Now there's the way to go. Kindness and outreach to the locals. By all means, keep your heritage. But if you want to settle in the West, co-operate and be friendly with the people around you.

You cannot make your home in the ocean and not bother to talk to the fishes.