Absolute WORST household chore

Register accountRead the forum rules
Seamajor

Re: Absolute WORST household chore

Unread post by Seamajor »

I leave the house to the maid, including the laundry. Even though I have a gardener, I choose to do most of it.

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

^^^ is broke... and can't even afford to employ a full contingent of cheap third world workers to wipe his arse... :D

evs

Unread post by evs »

caskur wrote: 31 Dec 2023, 07:50
Bec wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 02:07 Ha! Ditto except I really don’t mind kitchen chores. I like anything involving tableware and I enjoy cooking and baking. What do I dislike the most? Maybe vacuuming. I can only do it in 5 minute sprints. And during busy weeks those daily sprints turn into weekly or longer. The floor ends up looking horrible. 😱
I like clean floors. I'll do your floors... you peel the spuds...

:thumbup:
deal! I am so fast at peeling potatoes, every time I rally the kiddos to help me, I finish all (10-15) by the time they finish one.

~ plaid ~
Seamajor

Cool avatar Irina :thumbup:

Sargent Smellibitz

Very hot avvie...

Seamajor

Golly, hope you don’t catch your feet on fire. Might burn down your shack

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

My stove was sparkling like new clean. Listed it, and it sold 8 minutes after listing. Bonus...our new range doesn't come until Jan 15, so the buyer said, no problem, call him when the new one arrives. We were prepared to make do without, but this is even better. =)

Seamajor

Was it Stainless Steel?

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Black stainless steel.

Seamajor

:thumbup:

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

So. The guy that bought our range, who was ever so gracious to let us hang on to it for the couple of weeks til our new range arrived, will pick up tomorrow. We just got a call from where we bought the new range (which was supposed to be here today) to tell us it was on back order til the end of February. ffs :sneaky:

Sargent Smellibitz

Your buyer has been gracious and kind hearted. Just give him what he bought. I'm sure you have a barbecue, electric fry pan, gas burner somewhere. Make do with what you have.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Oh...no question. It was made very clear to him that, he bought it...he paid for it...and he could take it when he wanted. We were extremely appreciative of his graciousness in allowing us some time. My point was on the crap customer consideration from where we bought the new appliance.

weebles

Unread post by weebles »

Go too CAS have deal with Superior it is win-win

Sargent Smellibitz

mimi wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 20:53 Oh...no question. It was made very clear to him that, he bought it...he paid for it...and he could take it when he wanted. We were extremely appreciative of his graciousness in allowing us some time. My point was on the crap customer consideration from where we bought the new appliance.
Ok, cool. That was nice of him, if he didn't need it immediately or could cook on his barbecue, electric hotplate, or whatever.

I was just saying that I wouldn't feel right putting it off a second time because my situation changed unexpectedly.

I'd probably refund him part or all the money paid just for his understanding.

I'm a firm believer in paying forward. That's all I was saying.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

We were absolutely not looking to put off his pick-up time. That was never an issue. He was awesome in letting us keep it for as long as we did. He could have taken it the night he paid for it...that would have been absolutely fine too...as it should be. He was a super nice guy. He bought it for one of his rentals.
NOW...I want to make the place where we bought our new appliance...PAY. :D
It's one thing for them to run into issues on their end...but you don't tell someone on the day that they're expecting delivery, that it will be another month and a half. :D Shitty business imo.

Sargent Smellibitz

mimi wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 21:38 We were absolutely not looking to put off his pick-up time. That was never an issue. He was awesome in letting us keep it for as long as we did. He could have taken it the night he paid for it...that would have been absolutely fine too...as it should be. He was a super nice guy. He bought it for one of his rentals.
NOW...I want to make the place where we bought our new appliance...PAY. :D
It's one thing for them to run into issues on their end...but you don't tell someone on the day that they're expecting delivery, that it will be another month and a half. :D Shitty business imo.
Yeah, that's fucked up. :(

But did your guy pick up his purchased goods?

No good comes from.passing on problems to others, at least for very long.

Empathising becomes a trigger for "hell no!!@ I've gotten fucked on these things so many times before!!", and they simply stop giving a fuck.

There's a fine line to walk here. I prefer to be on the customer's or neighbour's side.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I think the person who gave you money IS number one priority.
Buyer needs to pick up before the end of the month. He had, unbeknownst to us, that he had hoped to pick it up when his son was out of camp to help him...but now the timing is askew and his son won't be available to help him..so he asked if we could help him load. We told him no problem, and we would also help him unload on the other end. Such a nice man. We could only dream of the place we purchased from, to offer the same courtesy. HAH !

Sargent Smellibitz

Well, if it worked for both parties after the sale, that's all good and kosher. If it hadn't, because you got coldish feet after the sale and he didn't, you would have been obligated to make due in these weeks or months.

Are you and your family even capable of boiling water and cooking food without a range hood or cooking set up.

Serious question.

When shit goes sideways, I may avoid your type like the plague.

"Oh Err... we haven't done kitchen cooking for numerous weeks! we're so weak! We're fair weather vegans/vegetarians. All our sprouts and kombucha has rotted. Please Sir/Mam, could you spare some protein and carbs for our young teenage to 20 something year old children?"

"Go fuck yourself, Lefties)

:biggrin:

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

We never had cold feet for a moment after we put it online for sale. We weighed the possibility of being without a range for whatever length of time we'd be without it, or storing it if it didn't sell quickly. We have a grill, we have a single induction countertop element, we have a crock-pot, we have an electric griddle. We were completely prepared to go without the range, because it was less of an nuisance, than trying to figure out where to store it, in the event that it didn't sell quickly. It was a complete bonus, when we discovered our buyer was in no rush to take possession.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Listen up, sunshine. For someone who comes to their conclusions about what kind of stuff I'm made of, based on baseless assumptions, let me assure you, I could probably out-survive well over half of todays preppers. I can do, and have done so, with little or no modern conveniences. I might even be able to teach you a few things.

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Mimi, I never saw you so…. “Angry” doesn’t seem to be the best word…

Sargent Smellibitz

mimi wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 00:15 Listen up, sunshine. For someone who comes to their conclusions about what kind of stuff I'm made of, based on baseless assumptions, let me assure you, I could probably out-survive well over half of todays preppers. I can do, and have done so, with little or no modern conveniences. I might even be able to teach you a few things.
:D :D :D

Ok Karen...

Sargent Smellibitz

Getting back on topic though, I'd have to say the worst household chore is having to clean out the rotting corpses for a resettlement group arriving n Colorado. The bodies are old and decaying due to the Coof and injections...

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Mad Serb wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 00:27 Mimi, I never saw you so…. “Angry” doesn’t seem to be the best word…
Angry is definitely not even close to the right word. :D

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

if we're trying to guess, i'm gonna say "objectively indifferent".... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I'm surprised that anyone is reading 'anger' in my words. Weird. Well...except I AM a little pissed at the store we bought our new range from...but what can ya do. =)))

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

mimi wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 10:11 I'm surprised that anyone is reading 'anger' in my words. Weird. Well...except I AM a little pissed at the store we bought our new range from...but what can ya do. =)))
I wasn't reading anger, that's why I struggled to find proper word for it. It was a situation when you had every right to be angry. However, angry you weren't. I wish I had your talent to deal with everyday nuisances stoically, like you do. Alas, I am not that calm. Hence my nick

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

:D Ohhhh...I see. =)

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

meh.... "being angry" has been stigmatized.... nothing wrong with a passionate response.... "better out than in" has always held true for me.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....