Absolute WORST household chore

Register accountRead the forum rules
Mad Serb

Re: Absolute WORST household chore

Unread post by Mad Serb »

"being angry" typically means not being able to control behavior and letting emotions cloud one's judgment.

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Being angry is a waste of energy. The only person who suffers, is the person that's angry. Whoever you're angry at, probably doesn't give a hoot. :D

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

i was fully in control when i came to my conclusion.... my judgement was unclouded.... my response can be as angry as i choose without feeling any remorse whatsoever.... because i know yall brought this upon yourselves.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

deadskinmask wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 11:22 i was fully in control when i came to my conclusion.... my judgement was unclouded.... my response can be as angry as i choose without feeling any remorse whatsoever.... because i know yall brought this upon yourselves.... :D
Ya...like that. Like I said, whoever you're angry at, likely doesn't give a hoot that you're angry. :D

deadskinmask

mimi wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 11:39
deadskinmask wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 11:22 i was fully in control when i came to my conclusion.... my judgement was unclouded.... my response can be as angry as i choose without feeling any remorse whatsoever.... because i know yall brought this upon yourselves.... :D
Ya...like that. Like I said, whoever you're angry at, likely doesn't give a hoot that you're angry. :D
that doesn't matter to me in the least.... as long as you know what a giant fuckin idiot you are.... because when you suddenly decide to complain about the situation you're in, i'm gonna remind you EXACTLY how you got to that point.... :D

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I'm not in a situation...so there's nothing to complain about. =)

deadskinmask

the "situation" hasn't presented itself yet.... they're still getting you strapped in tight.... i'll let you know when the ride starts if you would like.... :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

The thing is, while you're wasting all your energy on being mad, I get to enjoy life. You're thoughts on all the doom that's going to befall me, has no impact on me. The only person affected by your anger, is you. =(

deadskinmask

i'm quite capable at multi-tasking.... and it doesn't cost me a minute of time.... :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

deadskinmask wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 13:11 i'm quite capable at multi-tasking.... and it doesn't cost me a minute of time.... :D
Are you one of those people who speaks louder to a deaf person the second time around, because they didn't respond to you the first time? :D

deadskinmask

mimi wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 13:50
deadskinmask wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 13:11 i'm quite capable at multi-tasking.... and it doesn't cost me a minute of time.... :D
Are you one of those people who speaks louder to a deaf person the second time around, because they didn't respond to you the first time? :D
nah.... my volume never really changes.... just the tone.... and if i know they're deaf, i usually write it down for em.... :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

WHAT ?

deadskinmask

:D :D :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

:D :p

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

Skinikins, you know I love you, but over the past few years, I've watched you go from being a rather merry chap most of the time, to often being irate at the world in general. I would not characterize this change as a positive one for us or for you.

I know you believe this state of mind was forced upon you via the actions of others, but I would suggest that perhaps it is of your own making and that not a lot has fundamentally changed in the world beyond your perception of it.

This idea that, although my life has measurably improved over the same few years, despite some unfortunate world events, I am doomed by some nebulous future actions that will be taken by some shadowy unknown group, well, it doesn't make any logical sense. I'm pretty sure our shoddy government is going to result in my marginal tax rate increasing in the next few years to pay for things that I would prefer not to pay for, and that is certainly annoying, but it's not life threatening. I'm also pretty sure that more people are going to gain the social liberty to conduct themselves in ways that I find distasteful, but nor is that going to cause imminent mortal threat. Barring any unfortunate automotive accidents or a tree falling on my head, a few years from now, I expect that I'll continue to be just fine.

I am forced to conclude that this rage and sense of impending doom is in your head. I wish that it were not. I would like my merry friend back.

It's easy to judge because it's so hard to understand.
deadskinmask

well.... i'm sorry to say "those days are gone.... now and forever".... because when i was "a merry chap without a care in the world", i relied on the constitution and my rights.... didn't give a shit about politics.... didn't even vote.... because i knew that BOTH parties are trash and my rights will protect me.... HOWEVER.... i watched a blatantly fraudulent and wonky as fuck election declared above speculation and deemed legit by the "winner" completely bypassing the court system.... i also watched 2/3's of the population stand by idly (if not outright cheer) while the other third was subjected to a level of segregation never before seen in a "civilized" nation.... no, brother.... we reached an impasse and theres no un-ringing that bell.... :(

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

Oh, and mine is changing the water filters. I don't really do any regular chores other than that one, but I don't love it.

@GranpaP: While your response, if it is to be believed, is an interesting testament to the power of mindfulness, balance is important in life. There should be things that we do that we find monotonous, distasteful, unpleasant, etc. I agree that there is value in identifying what is unique and interesting to each moment, but to pretend that living in the moment makes all things no longer become monotonous, distasteful or unpleasant, is to live without balance.

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

deadskinmask wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 16:16 well.... i'm sorry to say "those days are gone.... now and forever".... because when i was "a merry chap without a care in the world", i relied on the constitution and my rights.... didn't give a shit about politics.... didn't even vote.... because i knew that BOTH parties are trash and my rights will protect me.... HOWEVER.... i watched a blatantly fraudulent and wonky as fuck election declared above speculation and deemed legit by the "winner" completely bypassing the court system.... i also watched 2/3's of the population stand by idly (if not outright cheer) while the other third was subjected to a level of segregation never before seen in a "civilized" nation.... no, brother.... we reached an impasse and theres no un-ringing that bell.... :(
And here, you are speaking to a bunch of Canadians (and a few others) who did not vote (and can't vote) in your elections, really don't give a shit about how wonky they may or may not have been, and have nothing to do with any of it. There have been wonky elections all over the world for many generations. There have also been billions of people living comfortable, happy, care-free lives despite the wonky elections and without your constitution or perceived rights. None of these things mean nearly as much as you think they mean beyond what is in your own head. They have no meaning to me beyond idle curiosity and they did not change my life for better or worse. I would strongly argue that they did not actually change yours either, except for your belief that they did.

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

deadskinmask

Reel wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 16:30
deadskinmask wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 16:16 well.... i'm sorry to say "those days are gone.... now and forever".... because when i was "a merry chap without a care in the world", i relied on the constitution and my rights.... didn't give a shit about politics.... didn't even vote.... because i knew that BOTH parties are trash and my rights will protect me.... HOWEVER.... i watched a blatantly fraudulent and wonky as fuck election declared above speculation and deemed legit by the "winner" completely bypassing the court system.... i also watched 2/3's of the population stand by idly (if not outright cheer) while the other third was subjected to a level of segregation never before seen in a "civilized" nation.... no, brother.... we reached an impasse and theres no un-ringing that bell.... :(
And here, you are speaking to a bunch of Canadians (and a few others) who did not vote (and can't vote) in your elections, really don't give a shit about how wonky they may or may not have been, and have nothing to do with any of it. There have been wonky elections all over the world for many generations. There have also been billions of people living comfortable, happy, care-free lives despite the wonky elections and without your constitution or perceived rights. None of these things mean nearly as much as you think they mean beyond what is in your own head. They have no meaning to me beyond idle curiosity and they did not change my life for better or worse. I would strongly argue that they did not actually change yours either, except for your belief that they did.
for a smart fella, you are so dumb.... :(

evs

Unread post by evs »

I love that song:))

~ plaid ~
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

deadskinmask wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 00:47
Reel wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 16:30 And here, you are speaking to a bunch of Canadians (and a few others) who did not vote (and can't vote) in your elections, really don't give a shit about how wonky they may or may not have been, and have nothing to do with any of it. There have been wonky elections all over the world for many generations. There have also been billions of people living comfortable, happy, care-free lives despite the wonky elections and without your constitution or perceived rights. None of these things mean nearly as much as you think they mean beyond what is in your own head. They have no meaning to me beyond idle curiosity and they did not change my life for better or worse. I would strongly argue that they did not actually change yours either, except for your belief that they did.
for a smart fella, you are so dumb.... :(
There is nothing dumb about trying to help someone get out of the clouds. Just sayin.
Being mad or angry about things you have little control over, doesn't seem like a healthy choice. =(

deadskinmask

i'm fine "in my little cloud".... if you stupid motherfuckers can't understand how important "rights" are, i can't fuckin help you.... yall can all go die in a motherfuckin fire.... stupid fuckin bitches.... :mad:

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

deadskinmask wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 07:51 i'm fine "in my little cloud".... if you stupid motherfuckers can't understand how important "rights" are, i can't fuckin help you.... yall can all go die in a motherfuckin fire.... stupid fuckin bitches.... :mad:
Maybe we understand perfectly, but opt to not let it destroy us from the inside out. If you think about it...what has all your anger gotten you...other than a pulsing vein in your temple. =))

deadskinmask

quality of life is FAR MORE important to me than quantity of life.... and i barely contemplate these issues outside of the forum.... but you motherfuckers piss me right off.... :mad:

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

But there IS no quality when you settle in anger too long. You need only to get angry enough to change what needs changing. If you can't change it...you're left with nothing but an angry life. =(

deadskinmask

get the fuck outta here with that shit.... i've got 20 lbs of ribs marinating in the fridge and a bowl of slaw ready to eat.... my life is great.... i'm happy as a clam.... and you stupid motherfuckers STILL piss me right off.... my slaw will still be delicious.... my ribs will still be excellent.... and you will still be the stupid motherfuckers that piss me right off.... :D

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Carry on as if you were normal then. :D

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

deadskinmask wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 08:24 .... my life is great.... i'm happy as a clam.... and you stupid motherfuckers STILL piss me right off....
...and you keep comming back for more

deadskinmask

Mad Serb wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 09:02
deadskinmask wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 08:24 .... my life is great.... i'm happy as a clam.... and you stupid motherfuckers STILL piss me right off....
...and you keep comming back for more
of couse i do.... i've been to enough mexican birthday parties to know that eventually you little paper mache idiots are gonna bust and all the candy is gonna fall out.... :D