Will the AI Economy Crash?

Register accountRead the forum rules
Mad Serb

Re: Will the AI Economy Crash?

Unread post by Mad Serb »

AI is just a technological breaktrhu. And it is (will be) accessible to almost everyone.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Mad Serb wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 10:57 AI is just a technological breaktrhu. And it is (will be) accessible to almost everyone.
And yet its who controls it and the way it will be deployed which is concerning & it isnt discussed. Even Elon Musk who's deployed it and the guy who invented it is alarmed about its risks.

We keep getting told all the wonderful things AI will do but we are never told who will benefit.

"Dont ask questions. Just shut up & enjoy the show."

I think itll be more like...

...he who owns all da gold makes all da rules .

Itll inevitably get abused

And of course the ones who stand to benefit financially from it & concentrate power in their hands are gung ho about it.

"You NEED AI!"

....what the hell for I'm not entirely sure.

I guess in the end it's to line some venture capitalists pockets and boost shareholders stock values.

Maybe overproduction of even more junk that we dont need that'll end up in our landfills and oceans too.

Mad Serb

Nobody sane denies risks, they follow every invention. It is good to be cautious, but AI is a tool and great one at that.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Mad Serb wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 11:22 Nobody sane denies risks, they follow every invention. It is good to be cautious, but AI is a tool and great one at that.
Precisely...why is AI such a good tool, Mad Serb?

How will it benefit me as the average person?

And why should I embrace it?

Can you provide me with some examples how AI will be beneficial and what good it will impart?

Do you have a financial interest in AI or owning stocks related to it?

Mad Serb

Your questions overlap to a degree. Here is one answer, from the horse's mouth:
Why should JOE embrace AI?

The reasons for an individual or a business, hypothetically named "JOE," to embrace AI (Artificial Intelligence) can be numerous and varied, depending on the context. Here are some general reasons why embracing AI can be beneficial:

Efficiency and Automation: AI can automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks, allowing individuals or employees to focus on more complex and creative work.

Data Analysis: AI excels at processing and analyzing large volumes of data quickly, providing insights that can inform decision-making and strategy.

Enhanced Customer Experience: AI can be used to personalize customer interactions, provide 24/7 support through chatbots, and improve customer service.

Innovation: AI can drive innovation, leading to the development of new products, services, and processes that can create a competitive advantage.

Cost Savings: Over time, AI can lead to cost savings by optimizing operations, reducing errors, and minimizing waste.

Scalability: AI systems can scale in response to a business's needs, handling increasing amounts of work without the need to proportionally increase human labor.

Predictive Analytics: AI can predict trends and outcomes based on historical data, which can be invaluable for industries like finance, healthcare, and logistics.

Enhanced Security: AI can improve security by detecting and responding to cyber threats faster than humanly possible.

Quality Control: AI can maintain high levels of accuracy in quality control, surpassing human ability to spot defects or inconsistencies.

Research and Development: AI can accelerate R&D processes, from drug discovery in pharmaceuticals to material science and engineering.

For JOE to successfully embrace AI, it's important to have a clear strategy that includes identifying areas where AI can have the most impact, ensuring access to quality data, and addressing any potential ethical and employment implications. It's also crucial to have or develop the necessary skills within the organization to implement and manage AI technologies effectively.

------------------------------------------------------------

As I said, you can infer answers to other question based on the one above answered here.
As for the following question:
Do you have a financial interest in AI or owning stocks related to it?
Likely, I own stocks, among them index funds and some Hi Tech ETFs. Those are likley to invest in companies that develop AI

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

I’m looking forward to a major economic crash. I owe nothing, and own my assets outright. Business, Politics, Financial Institutions all need to be adjusted. Now is a good time.

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

mimi wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 10:05
Berry Sweet wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 09:02 Trudeau wants to start jailing people for hate speech...you could get life in prison for it. I wonder if those who are Trans and threaten to unalive others because they didn't get their daily pronouns used correctly...will fall into this category too? Or if they are exempt because of their delusions?
I think the maximum penalty is 2 years.
:D

the concept of "thought crime" is a hallmark of despotism, and must be resisted by free men and wimmins.

Lochdubh

Seamajor wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 07:37 I’m looking forward to a major economic crash. I owe nothing, and own my assets outright. Business, Politics, Financial Institutions all need to be adjusted. Now is a good time.
Oh christ, now I'm envisioning mobs of ticos with machetes and torches surrounding your walled compound.

keep those bicycle tyres fully inflated at all times, and have that Yanqui passport close at hand.
maybe a necklace of $20 gold pieces too.

Seamajor

What a strange observation. Did my post hurt your feelings?

Mad Serb

We have two paralel discussions here:

1. Hate speech - I don't even know what it is. There used to be free speech where one freely express opinion and threatenning speech, where one threatens. Now, it seems that "hate speech" is a newly minted class, where non popular but non threatening opinion is sanctioned. As Captain said, sign of despotism.

2. Possible economic crash - some do profit from crises, but overall crash that causes societal collapse does not bring good to anyone, save to few doomsday lunatics.

Lochdubh

Seamajor wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 08:38 What a strange observation. Did my post hurt your feelings?
Not at all.I pride myself on being "self-aware" and it appears as if you do as well. I always appreciate knowing when someone's main motivation is "looking our for #1".

Lochdubh

Mad Serb wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 09:01 We have two paralel discussions here:

1. Hate speech - I don't even know what it is. There used to be free speech where one freely express opinion and threatenning speech, where one threatens. Now, it seems that "hate speech" is a newly minted class, where non popular but non threatening opinion is sanctioned. As Captain said, sign of despotism.

2. Possible economic crash - some do profit from crises, but overall crash that causes societal collapse does not bring good to anyone, save to few doomsday lunatics.
Hate speech is whatever "they" tell us it is. It is a moving target.
Last night I watched "Silence of the Lambs" for the first time since it's theatrical release in 1991. Buffalo Bill is a tranny who kidnaps and eventually kills "big grrrls" in order to skin them and craft a ladies' wardrobe made out of real ladies. Aside from things like no internet, and no privately owned mobile phones, the most jarring aspect of this very well made and impeccably acted film is the knowledge that it could not be made in today's hypersensitive political climate.

Lochdubh

It's important to differentiate between investigative tools (like AI supported progressive aging or traditional ie: fingerprints) and methods that claim to predict criminal behaviours and identify potential offenders before they commit a crime.

The fact that she had been living a Bohemian life in the arty Kreuzberg District while practicing the Afro-Brazilian martial art, capoeira certainly would not necessarily lead an investigator to obtain a warrant to rummage around in her flat and discover her cache of hand grenades without the multiple hits on AI facial recognition tools.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

:purdy:
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Lochdubh wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 09:27
Mad Serb wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 09:01 We have two paralel discussions here:

Hate speech is whatever "they" tell us it is. It is a moving target.
Last night I watched "Silence of the Lambs" for the first time since it's theatrical release in 1991. Buffalo Bill is a tranny who kidnaps and eventually kills "big grrrls" in order to skin them and craft a ladies' wardrobe made out of real ladies. Aside from things like no internet, and no privately owned mobile phones, the most jarring aspect of this very well made and impeccably acted film is the knowledge that it could not be made in today's hypersensitive political climate.
Have you seen the sequel ?

'Ewes' Be Quiet'.

Lochdubh

I feel sheepish at having to confess that I have not.

Lochdubh

:sheep:

Seamajor

Lochdubh wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 09:21 Not at all.I pride myself on being "self-aware" and it appears as if you do as well. I always appreciate knowing when someone's main motivation is "looking our for #1".
#1? Isn’t that how your hero operates? You remember him don’t cha?

weebles2

Unread post by weebles2 »

OK "politics" aside AI will not help humanity... It will hurt our own creativity.

J0E

Unread post by J0E »

Berry Sweet wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 13:41
:D