Hey are we supposed to bee boycotting loblaws?

Register accountRead the forum rules
weebles2

Hey are we supposed to bee boycotting loblaws?

Unread post by weebles2 »

I think Reddit is telling me too…also jimmy Pattersons grocery stores are also overpriced imo
https://globalnews.ca/news/10373051/lob ... ntrol/amp/

soon

Re: Hey are we supposed to bee boycotting loblaws?

Unread post by soon »

i agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't be continually price gouged to appease shareholders and profit takers. out here in the west we should also be boycotting superstore.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
asal

Unread post by asal »

I'm not a fan of Jimmy Pattison. He's got his hands in everything, driving it down (except he's generous with private schools). He's personally limiting transit to promote car ownership.

Loblaws too - suck bigly. They provide an advisor to PP.

Get in on it.
weebles2

I do not think I could live here without a car tbh

weebles2

One thing I like that superstore sells for Easter is their spiral ham with brown sugar glaze.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i remember reading that grocery profit margins were skinny. we're talking something like 1 percent but now they're up something like 3 percent and they didn't achieve that by innovating. in other words they raised the margin by charging more and then keeping the prices inflated even after costs have gone down to pre-pandemic levels.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
asal

Unread post by asal »

Superstore got $20 million from the federal government to buy new freezers during the pandemic. Corporate welfare for some reason.

Get in on it.
Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

I got a bunch of gift cards to the superstore for Xmas. I just used them all up last night.

I don't shop there, but i had to use the gift cards up. Not all products are worth buying or not even worth the price. My olive oil at super store is $20 for a bottle. It was $14 at Walmart. The stuff I didn't buy at superstore because of the cost, I went directly afterward to Walmart...all of the products I wanted were cheaper.

I never shop like this. I just buy what I want and go home. But now I'm actually looking for sales and better prices. Even Kins Farm Market is better priced than the grocery stores.

:purdy: