I used to ask why - now I know.

Register accountRead the forum rules
evs

Re: I used to ask why - now I know.

Unread post by evs »

I gotta tell you. I replaced my morning oatmeal with bacon and eggs - I sleep like a baby at night, feel rested and focused in the morning, and my anxiety is practically non-existent. Coincidence? You decide.

~ plaid ~
Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Cannot tell. Never liked oatmeal and stuff, that's for sissies. I actually like meat and the older I am the more greasy food I like. I hated fat in every shape and form when I was a kid, except butter.

weebles2

Unread post by weebles2 »

evs wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:18 I gotta tell you. I replaced my morning oatmeal with bacon and eggs - I sleep like a baby at night, feel rested and focused in the morning, and my anxiety is practically non-existent. Coincidence? You decide.
What are your thoughts on sodium? since curated meats tend to have insane amounts of it.

evs

Unread post by evs »

I like salt but I use salt-reduced bacon, then salt it in my plate if I feel like it. I also use unsalted butter then salt to taste.

~ plaid ~
weebles2

Mad Serb wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:32 Cannot tell. Never liked oatmeal and stuff, that's for sissies. I actually like meat and the older I am the more greasy food I like. I hated fat in every shape and form when I was a kid, except butter.
Well it will be an Interesting day when the KFC double down will be recognized as “health food”.

evs

Unread post by evs »

Haha! Is that beaded? Will never be healthy.

~ plaid ~
asal

Unread post by asal »

Re: "ancestors:" All those womyn foraging for nothing.

Get in on it.
evs

Unread post by evs »

I never had kfc. Also. Fried food is garbage unless fresh and made in fresh animal fat. As I am just discovering. Seed oils are inflammatory.

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

asal wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:42 Re: "ancestors:" All those womyn foraging for nothing.
In times of hunger, starvation diet kept us alive, no question.

~ plaid ~
asal

Unread post by asal »

evs wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:50
asal wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:42 Re: "ancestors:" All those womyn foraging for nothing.
Constipation first.
Actual holes from not having enough fiber can also happen.

You found something that calms you from an elimination diet. That's a start, is how I would look at it.

Get in on it.
weebles2

evs wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:48 I never had kfc. Also. Fried food is garbage unless fresh and made in fresh animal fat. As I am just discovering. Seed oils are inflammatory.
Well YOLO ps if you going to eat fried chicken go to Popeyes.

But oddly enough KFC used to have grilled chicken and it turns out nobody bought it and was sales disaster.

asal

Unread post by asal »

weebles2 wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:59
evs wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:48 I never had kfc. Also. Fried food is garbage unless fresh and made in fresh animal fat. As I am just discovering. Seed oils are inflammatory.
Well YOLO ps if you going to eat fried chicken go to Popeyes.

But oddly enough KFC used to have grilled chicken and it turns out nobody bought it and was sales disaster.
I like the chicken sandwiches at Popeyes, but also the shrimp. Popeyes is great. I just wish they offered dark meat.

Get in on it.
weebles2

Dang it now I want Popeyes for lunch :D

evs

Unread post by evs »

asal wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:53
evs wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:50

Constipation first.

You found something that calms you from an elimination diet. That's a start, is how I would look at it.
Roughly since last week I am eating very low carb and no fruit, only veg, and absolutely no issues on the fibre front. In fact looking back, I was having too much fibre. I am 100% regular, same as before, it’s just that my poops are much - daintier:)) go dainty poops!

The reason ppl get inflamed, leaky guts, colostomy bags etc. is not the lack of fibre, it’s too much carbs (bread rice sugar). If you are it - cut your carbs asap and that includes fruit and some veg.

~ plaid ~
Reel

Unread post by Reel »

evs wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 19:02 Really?? Blood type B negative, right? :p
I suppose that's probably something I should know. But I don't.

It's easy to judge because it's so hard to understand.
Reel

Unread post by Reel »

evs wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 00:22 Reelski, how did you decide to become a vegetarian? I have a feeling we talked about it way back when, but my memory is terrible lately.
I was young and idealistic once.

Now it's just kind of who I am and I have no reason to change. I don't have any more interest in meat than I do in heroin or fashion magazines.

deadskinmask

Unread post by deadskinmask »

I CAN'T MAKE YOU SEE THE LIGHT.... BUT I CAN MAKE YOU FEEL THE HEAT ON YOUR FACE....
Reel

Unread post by Reel »

I know what you are talking about though.

I have a very specific weight at which I start experiencing issues - joint pain, stomach problems, fatigue, etc. Two pounds over that weight, things start going off the rails; two pounds under, I'm just fine. And the difference that makes up that four pound spread is my carb intake - nothing much else affects it.

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

deadskinmask wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 14:34
In 25 years, I've heard every joke, every jibe, every justification under the sun.

Part of the reason I remain a vegetarian now is that I find it fascinating how many people have this overwhelming need to justify their choice to me, one way or the other. It's almost universal. I don't care. I don't know why you care so much what I eat. But it is interesting that you do.

Having studied a good deal of psychology and sociology, it provides me with an almost immediate read on people, which can be invaluable in partnerships or negotiations.

Mad Serb

I too was a vegetarian in my youth several times. For a few days each time. Now I am an opportunistic eater.

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

BTW Skinz, WRT to the content of the film, it's silly. He's comparing a hunter/forager lifestyle to vegetarians because he clearly gets some perverse satisfaction from attacking a minority he perceives as weak, but what he says applies to any form of modern agriculture, regardless of whether the consumer is a vegetarian or not. This is even more true for the mass production of farmed meat since it is calorically inefficient and thus results in even higher damage.

He is not wrong - a hunter/forager lifestyle is less environmentally damaging than mass production agriculture. However, if even a tiny fraction of the population shifted to full time hunter/forager, it would quickly become unsustainable and they would starve, so his point is irrelevant. So basically, he's a self-satisfied wanker with a superiority complex that should keep his fool mouth shut lest people actually listen to him and destroy his thing.

I've got a lot of respect for true hunter/foragers. I think it's an awesome lifestyle. It doesn't suit me as I don't have the time for it.

Reel

Unread post by Reel »

Reel wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 14:52 ... what he says applies to any form of modern agriculture...
Actually, I should qualify that as it's not strictly true. It doesn't apply to permaculture, but that, though far more sustainable than hunter/forager, is even more time intensive, thus even less accessible to the average person.

Mad Serb

deadskinmask wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 14:34
Fortunately, no animals are killed by growing and harvesting plants used as animal feed and no animals are killed by using animals as human food.
In the first approximation math is simple - to feed people on meat diet, we need to feed animals and on top that people who eat said animals. So it requires more land and work.

weebles2

Theoretically in the near future could we just not grow meat in a lab?

Mad Serb

I would refrain from calling it a "meat". Sex doll isn't a woman, however compliant she (it...) may be

asal

Unread post by asal »

weebles2 wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 15:43 Theoretically in the near future could we just not grow meat in a lab?
Yes. It's being done. It's not as cheap as real meat because there are government subsidies on meat, no subsidies on lab meat.

Get in on it.
asal

Unread post by asal »

evs wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 14:17
asal wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 09:53 Constipation first.

Roughly since last week I am eating very low carb and no fruit, only veg, and absolutely no issues on the fibre front. In fact looking back, I was having too much fibre. I am 100% regular, same as before, it’s just that my poops are much - daintier:)) go dainty poops!

The reason ppl get inflamed, leaky guts, colostomy bags etc. is not the lack of fibre, it’s too much carbs (bread rice sugar). If you are it - cut your carbs asap and that includes fruit and some veg.
Sounds fine. Cutting bread, rice, sugar - won't adversely affect a person to eliminate these.

Get in on it.
evs

Unread post by evs »

Reel wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 14:37 I know what you are talking about though.

I have a very specific weight at which I start experiencing issues - joint pain, stomach problems, fatigue, etc. Two pounds over that weight, things start going off the rails; two pounds under, I'm just fine. And the difference that makes up that four pound spread is my carb intake - nothing much else affects it.
Yes, it’s carb related! So if you don’t eat meat and you cut down on carbs, what do you live on?

~ plaid ~
evs

Unread post by evs »

asal wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 16:24
evs wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 14:17 Roughly since last week I am eating very low carb and no fruit, only veg, and absolutely no issues on the fibre front. In fact looking back, I was having too much fibre. I am 100% regular, same as before, it’s just that my poops are much - daintier:)) go dainty poops!

Sounds fine. Cutting bread, rice, sugar - won't adversely affect a person to eliminate these.
Agreed 100%.

~ plaid ~
Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

asal wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 16:22
weebles2 wrote: 27 Mar 2024, 15:43 Theoretically in the near future could we just not grow meat in a lab?
Yes. It's being done. It's not as cheap as real meat because there are government subsidies on meat, no subsidies on lab meat.
Lab meat isn't authentic.

It's the covid jab of real vaccines.

Avoid fake meat like the plague.