Scammer called my phone today.

Register accountRead the forum rules
Edward

Scammer called my phone today.

Unread post by Edward »

They called a few times and there was no one there when I answered. Then on the next call it said they were Service Canada and an East Indian with a heavy accent told me they saw some suspicious activity with my Social Insurance Number and they had to cancel it. I just said "It's a scam call". He said "Oh, you think it's a scam call? Then I hung up. They didn't call back.

Winning.
mimi

Re: Scammer called my phone today.

Unread post by mimi »

I had one the other day, that I'd never had before.
I didn't pick up, but the 'answering machine' did. He continued his spiel but when he was done...the line remained open. :worry:

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

I work from home with a land line, so I get them all the time. I react in different ways, but usually engage.
If I'm having a lazy day, I try to get them to "play" for as long as possible to waste their time and hopefully leave feeling stupid.
if I'm in the middle of something I'll ask them a pointed question about who they actually work for, or demand to speak with their supervisor. They usually ring right off.
If I'm feeling angry, I'll ask them.............Do your children know what you do for a living? I'm sure they are sooooooo proud of dad/mom. Sometimes religion enters the picture (heavy accents generate this response) and I'll ask - Does your god/gods approve of you calling random folk and attempting to steal from them?

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Lochdubh wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 06:46 Sometimes religion enters the picture (heavy accents generate this response) and I'll ask - Does your god/gods approve of you calling random folk and attempting to steal from them?
Nice. Rub the guilt in.

You can always lie and say you see them camera and you're downloading all of their personal info right now...sketch them out...lol

:purdy:
Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

I don't answer my phone for anyone anymore. Not unless one is already in my contacts. Mostly I only pick up for my kid, mom or anything work and health related.

I prefer texts. Mostly because it's convenient for myself and my hearing. I tell people I know this, do NOT call, text only....and they always call....even when I pick up and tell them to text me instead and I hang up...they call again instantly :mad: then I block them...then they start calling me thru an app...the stupidity never ends.

:purdy:
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

Berry Sweet wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 19:20 I don't answer my phone for anyone anymore. Not unless one is already in my contacts. Mostly I only pick up for my kid, mom or anything work and health related.

I prefer texts. Mostly because it's convenient for myself and my hearing. I tell people I know this, do NOT call, text only....and they always call....even when I pick up and tell them to text me instead and I hang up...they call again instantly :mad: then I block them...then they start calling me thru an app...the stupidity never ends.
I don't answer my phone for anything, unless caller identification is recognized.
If it says "Private Number", I give them the privacy they want, by not answering. :D

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Berry Sweet wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 19:14
Lochdubh wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 06:46 Sometimes religion enters the picture (heavy accents generate this response) and I'll ask - Does your god/gods approve of you calling random folk and attempting to steal from them?
Nice. Rub the guilt in.

You can always lie and say you see them camera and you're downloading all of their personal info right now...sketch them out...lol

Oooooooooooooo.........tango Yankee for the pro-tip, Ber.

I'll add that to my bag of tricks.