Religious fascism: A universal plague

Register accountRead the forum rules
Vivek_Golikeri

Religious fascism: A universal plague

Unread post by Vivek_Golikeri »

So much is shown in the news about the Arab-Israeli conflict since October 7th 2023. When asked which side I am on, I reply that both sides need a spanking. Netanyahu's government is purposely making life hell for occupied Arabs. And Hamas has committed unspeakable atrocities against Jews. Yet what is really at work on both sides is a phenomenon I call "religious fascism."

Across the Earth it manifests in different forms. In India it is the Hindu nationalists. In Israel it is the right-wing haredi Jews and the poisonous legacy of Rabbi Meir Kahane. Among Muslim populations it is Sharia law and jihadis. In America it is the Halleluljah Brigade, represented by people like Franklin Graham or Pat Robertson.

What do all of these have in common? They have no respect for the separation of church and state, or sometimes openly oppose it. Given a chance they would love to force their values into public policy and the law of the land. People with theocratic tendencies, even when they are not technically a theocracy, are the disease here.

I support the Labor Zionist version of Israel. I support the tradition of David Ben Gurion, Golda Meir, Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres. I vehemently do not support the right-wing Likud party, or the preposterous claim that you have a right to grab someone else's land just because your ancestors owned it over two thousand years ago. Or because somebody's scriptures says God gave it to you. God is not a real estate agent!

I feel unsympathetic when I see protesters wearing hijabs or shouting "Allahu akbar!" Sorry. I oppose that as much as I oppose Rabbi Kahane and his legacy. But when it comes to bombings and man-made famine, the Likud government has to go. Israel needs new elections.

soon

Re: Religious fascism: A universal plague

Unread post by soon »

to bee fair the land was gifted to them as some kinda zionist fantasy. a fantasy one can hardly comprehend today.

what is that? and how do i make the rest of my life about it.
soon

Unread post by soon »

to me it's like okay folks here's your sand castle only to watch the walls immediately being torn down and infinite wars started.

Vivek_Golikeri

soon wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 12:31 to bee fair the land was gifted to them as some kinda Zionist fantasy. a fantasy one can hardly comprehend today.
No, Zionism was no fantasy. It was the legitimate resurrection of a nation dormant too long. And don't fall for the lie that Jews enjoyed tolerance in Muslim lands before the advent of Zionism. They were second class citizens just like blacks in America. Muslims just did not go as far as Europeans in outright barbarity. Sort of like comparing the oppression of aboriginals in Canada with the ugly destruction of the American Indian in the United States.

Israel has every right to be Israel. However, I cannot condone what they are doing today in the 1967 territories.

soon

Unread post by soon »

you can't tell me that the consequences of zionism fulfil some kinda covenant because that would bee absurd.

Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

I support Israel. They didn't start the war, Hamas did. Palastinians are disgusting people. I've seen too much of their despicable people at the protests in Canada.

I'm tired of their "free, free palastine" while banging on their drum. I've never seen so many uneducated, unemployed bums protesting all around Canada for months on end. All while breaking the laws. If anyone is going to beat a drum in Canada, it should only be the Aboriginals.

I saw a video of a palastine protest in Toronto...a bunch of black youths were present in support for them...they were given flags to wave by the Palastinians...reporter asked them what flag they were waving, they said Palastine flag....they didn't even know they were given Pan African flags to wave around. They didn't even know the flag and what it represents.

:purdy:
Vivek_Golikeri

Berry Sweet wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 14:30 I support Israel. They didn't start the war, Hamas did. Palastinians are disgusting people. I've seen too much of their despicable people at the protests in Canada. I'm tired of their "free, free palastine" while banging on their drum. I've never seen so many uneducated, unemployed bums protesting all around Canada for months on end. All while breaking the laws. If anyone is going to beat a drum in Canada, it should only be the Aboriginals.

I saw a video of a palastine protest in Toronto...a bunch of black youths were present in support for them...they were given flags to wave by the Palastinians...reporter asked them what flag they were waving, they said Palastine flag....they didn't even know they were given Pan African flags to wave around. They didn't even know the flag and what it represents.
I agree with all this, and add another point. Much of this anti-Israel rhetoric is sublimated hatred of white people. Many leftists and people of color have bought into the myth that Zionism is racism, and that Israel is a white settler colonialism venture.

Berry Sweet

Palastinians are ignorant and dumb. There's videos of the young Palastinians calling Jews nazis. You gotta be a special kind of dumb to say that.

Berry Sweet

It's scary right now. Who to vote for and what precautions to take.

I'm not a Hitler fan, but I found this video fixed by AI translating what Hitler was saying into English and how he would say it. Tbh, he makes sense as Germany was treated badly after the 1st world War.

It almost matches up to what is going on today.

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Image :p

Fatso is just like these crooks

Mad Serb

Unread post by Mad Serb »

Vivek_Golikeri

Mad Serb wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 19:24 Image
Jesus was half-Roman. His biological father was a centurion, Tiberius Iulius Panthera.

Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

The idea of Jesus is as lame as the Earth is flat.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Winning.
soon

Unread post by soon »

i just think it's sad people are debating when people are dying in the gaza strip.

Vivek_Golikeri

soon wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 08:43 i just think it's sad people are debating when people are dying in the gaza strip.
Equally sad that people have been murdered by Hamas.

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

It's a neverending cycle with finger pointing.

Just stop sending funds and let them sort it out.

Berry Sweet

They will never stop sending funds. War=$$$$$. They want to launder some of the funds for themselves too. The longer it goes on, the more dirty money they can make.

Berry Sweet

Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 10:27
soon wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 08:43 i just think it's sad people are debating when people are dying in the gaza strip.
Equally sad that people have been murdered by Hamas.
Hamas starts the war, they blame it on the Jews and everyone loses their minds.

Israelites and Israel have been around for thousands of years...Palastinians have only been around for like 100 years. Imo, its ignorant to want to try and take over a land and it's people that have been around so much longer by a bunch of puppets who can't get the point.

You're witnessing it here in Canada...look at all of them...bunch of idiots in the streets, disobeying Canadian laws, not assimilating to Canadian culture, committing crimes, you name it....and one wants to support this trash?

Sargent Smellibitz

Unread post by Sargent Smellibitz »

Berry Sweet wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 11:56
Vivek_Golikeri wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 10:27 Equally sad that people have been murdered by Hamas.
Hamas starts the war, they blame it on the Jews and everyone loses their minds.

Israelites and Israel have been around for thousands of years...Palastinians have only been around for like 100 years. Imo, its ignorant to want to try and take over a land and it's people that have been around so much longer by a bunch of puppets who can't get the point.

You're witnessing it here in Canada...look at all of them...bunch of idiots in the streets, disobeying Canadian laws, not assimilating to Canadian culture, committing crimes, you name it....and one wants to support this trash?
That's not true. Israelites have only recently been back to their so called promised land since 1948-49. There's centuries where they weren't there.

If you subscribe to the idea that people who've settled in a place for hundreds of years should be displaced, you need to get the fuck out of Canada and your child can only spend 6 months per year there.

soon

Unread post by soon »

i've said this for months now but retaliation is one thing and annihilation is something else entirely.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Winning.