Amazon.

Register accountRead the forum rules
Edward

Amazon.

Unread post by Edward »

When they give delivery dates that are over a month away does the item usually show up much earlier? Do they just show a far off date so you won't feel bad no matter when it arrives? I recently ordered 3 pairs of pajamas from LL Bean and the delivery date was for almost a month later, but my jammies showed up in under a week. Can I expect my delivery to come much earlier than stated? I would like to plan my next Okanagan stay but I am anxiously waiting for my items. This is my first order from Amazon.

Winning.
Scooter

Re: Amazon.

Unread post by Scooter »

I don't know. I've had that happen ... an order shows up a little earlier than expected. I've always been used to online orders being delivered within a week. When I order something online, I check the emails and follow the tracking information. I don't know what it's like in Canada and possibly ordering from The U.S.

I have Amazon Prime, so I'm used to two day delivery. I even get one day delivery with some things and am somewhat surprised about it. I guess they have enough warehouses and fulfillment centers on the East Coast that are a couple or less than five hours away from me. They're efficient in sending it out, picking it up and having it delivered.

roll me up and smoke me when I die
Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Where is it coming from?

We order from Amazon. Most orders coming from China generally don't take long at all. Sometimes pkgs coming from the USA are a pain in the ass...you'd think China would be a pain? Nope, the US is even worse. It's the border issues...it sits there forever...and they keep sending texts...once it's cleared, it comes pretty fast...they must be understaffed at the border.

One time I ordered a DVD movie. It got stuck at the border for over a month...they kept texting me about it....eventually they told me I'm not allowed to have the DVD, they sent it back to sender. I don't understand the extreme wait and then not being allowed to have a simple DVD?

:purdy:
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

It's electronics so it is probably from China. Amazon prime gets a faster delivery? I probably should have taken the free trial of Amazon Prime they offered when I ordered.

Winning.
Berry Sweet

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

Amazon prime is best. My mom has it and gets her pkgs literally the next day.

When you sign up for Amazon prime, you'll also get to use the app to watch movies. It's way better than Netflix.

:purdy:
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Yeah. I thought it was only for streaming. I am not familiar with them.

Winning.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I'm not sure I've ever had a late Amazon delivery. They are pretty punctual and often earlier than expected. Their tracking is excellent.

Pantalon de Singe

Unread post by Pantalon de Singe »

All in all they are good. Rarely later than promised, no questions return policy. The only thing annoying is the scammers and drop shippers selling ch‎ink garbage. Amazon leave you to do your own due diligence on these pricks, I think they should be doing it as they are the ones hosting them.

˙ǝlʎʇs ɯnɹoɟ ʇlnɐɟǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉsn pǝʍǝᴉʌ uǝɥʍ (ʞooqʇǝN ,,ᄅƖ) ʎɐldsᴉp xd 89ㄥ × ㄣᄅ0Ɩ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɐ uo (ɯɔ Ɛ~) ʇɥƃᴉǝɥ uᴉ ,,lɐɯɹoN,, ǝzᴉs ʇxǝʇ ɟo sǝuᴉl ϛ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ou ǝq plnoɥs sǝɹnʇɐuƃᴉS
evs

Unread post by evs »

I never need anything off of Amazon. Which is good because I am boycotting them. :biggrin:

~ plaid ~
Reel

Unread post by Reel »

Our area had a bad delivery company for a while. They "lost" half the stuff and the other half would show up, at random, months later. If it didn't show up by the promised date, Amazon canceled the order and refunded the money. We wound up getting about $600 in stuff for free because it showed up months later long after we'd been refunded. Fortunately, nothing particularly essential.

Eventually, they dropped that delivery company and now things usually show up a little before the promised delivery date.

It's easy to judge because it's so hard to understand.
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

My package has arrived. It is a hand held console with 25 thousand retro games already on it, ready to go. games from so many different consoles. All of the nintendo consoles, playstation, psp, sega consoles, etc. 25 thousand! It can also be used to watch movies and as an e reader. eight hours of use between charges.

It is from Amazon though. So why did it arrive in regular mail?

Winning.
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

They get a bit carried away with their delivery dates, because they said it would arrive in June, and it is already here.

Winning.