Well, I got my flowers in at the condo.

Register accountRead the forum rules
Edward

Well, I got my flowers in at the condo.

Unread post by Edward »

Red geraniums with Alyssiums around them. The perennials are coming back nicely. Giant Rudbeckia and wildflowers that seed themselves. Glad to get it over with. I bought the seedlings at gardenworks on Lougheed in Burnaby. Nice to have the color outside finally.

Winning.
Berry Sweet

Re: Well, I got my flowers in at the condo.

Unread post by Berry Sweet »

No flowers for me this year...only my hostas. Easy to care for. My neighbor and I share a walkway...they just moved in not long ago, the father enjoys gardening (mind blown!) And asked if he could use part of my step for flowers and gardening...I said, Go for it, bro..its all yours! And he did! He decorated my porch with beautiful flowers! Thx bro!

I have an aquarium I'm not using anymore and was gonna throw it out but, I've since decided I should grow a herb garden in it? I told my kid about it and she said..no, no, no...get test tubes, fill them with water and grow your herbs from there. I guess one of her teachers at school has this style herb garden (at the school) and it's flourishing. Apparently it's been thriving for 1 year! So maybe I will buy test tubes and grow herbs. But I cpuld place the tubes and herbs inside the aquarium to keep my cats from wrecking the plants? I had some green onions in water, they were doing great...but then my cats wrecked them.

:purdy:
Seamajor

Unread post by Seamajor »

Cool Ed. I have Hibiscus and Plumeria flowering trees outside. My maid frequently picks them and arranges them for me. Makes the house smell sweet.

Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Seamajor wrote: 02 May 2024, 13:43 Cool Ed. I have Hibiscus and Plumeria flowering trees outside. My maid frequently picks them and arranges them for me. Makes the house smell sweet.
Hibiscus are nice. I tried growing them here, but the winters are harsh and I didn't wrap them up. They sold them at the nursery I went to without warning me.

Winning.
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

Berry Sweet wrote: 02 May 2024, 13:40 No flowers for me this year...only my hostas. Easy to care for. My neighbor and I share a walkway...they just moved in not long ago, the father enjoys gardening (mind blown!) And asked if he could use part of my step for flowers and gardening...I said, Go for it, bro..its all yours! And he did! He decorated my porch with beautiful flowers! Thx bro!

I have an aquarium I'm not using anymore and was gonna throw it out but, I've since decided I should grow a herb garden in it? I told my kid about it and she said..no, no, no...get test tubes, fill them with water and grow your herbs from there. I guess one of her teachers at school has this style herb garden (at the school) and it's flourishing. Apparently it's been thriving for 1 year! So maybe I will buy test tubes and grow herbs. But I cpuld place the tubes and herbs inside the aquarium to keep my cats from wrecking the plants? I had some green onions in water, they were doing great...but then my cats wrecked them.
LOL. Cats. I wouldn't mind a cat, but I would have to be pretty sneaky unless you can call cats a service animal. Animals are not allowed in our building, but a few people have been getting service dogs recently. Claiming it is for mental health I guess. All of the dogs are small. If I open up the door to go out and the cat follows me, nosy neighbors might see it. The people on my floor are pretty nice though. I like everyone on my floor.

Winning.
mimi

Unread post by mimi »

I miss having a cat too. I CAN have a cat here, but I can't stand the thought of having an indoor cat.
I know lots of people do it, and I'm definitely not judging anybody for it. Just for me, it seems to really intrude on their natural cat-ness and I just can't do it.
All my cats have been nature cats. Of all the cat's I've had, I never clipped nails or other weird crap that people do for animals that are fully equipped to handle these natural issues as needed.

Berry Sweet

Edward wrote: 02 May 2024, 16:16 Animals are not allowed in out building, but a few people have been getting service dogs recently. Claiming it is for mental health I guess. All of the dogs are small.
This is BS and it needs to stop. People fake mental health issues just to get a dog. Small dogs are not service dogs. I've seen far too many idiots with little yappy dogs in public spaces where dogs can't be...and they do nothing about the behaviour.

A stupid dog like that causes more anxiety, and if that person has "mental health issues" they shouldn't have that dog...yapping and acting like an out of control fur ball isn't doing anything to support anyone.

A REAL service dog should be either a Lab or Golden Retriever. The dog should be trained to help support the person who needs their specific service as the dog understands why and what to do. Dog and person in need to be matched. It's not a simple process. Service dogs are extremely well behaved in public because they know they are working. People who actually have disabilities and true mental health disorders would benefit from them.

My doc told me I should look into getting a service dog myself. My body will never be the same since I fell and I could use one for specific legit reasons. If I do sign up for one, I would a get a Lab or Retriver...big enough to actually help me inside the home and when I go out.

Berry Sweet

mimi wrote: 02 May 2024, 19:31 I miss having a cat too. I CAN have a cat here, but I can't stand the thought of having an indoor cat.
I know lots of people do it, and I'm definitely not judging anybody for it. Just for me, it seems to really intrude on their natural cat-ness and I just can't do it.
All my cats have been nature cats. Of all the cat's I've had, I never clipped nails or other weird crap that people do for animals that are fully equipped to handle these natural issues as needed.
My cats are indoors. I don't want them getting run over or killed by a coyote. They have 3 floors to run up and down on and various things to jump up on and scratch.

My cats in the koots were out door cats...one of them go hit by a car and it was awful...I didn't take it well...she was an amazing cat! She was the cat who thought she was one of the dogs...would come running with the dogs to the porch when I pulled into the drive way after work...sit and wait turns for a pet, then all follow me inside for a snack...she even shook a paw to get a snack! She'd come when I called or whistled outside...she would even wrestle with the dogs. She was a cool cat 😼 rest in peace my kitty!

mimi

Unread post by mimi »

:cry:

Ya...like I said...no shame. It's just MY issue. I KNOW there are many kitties living happy lives indoors...I just can't bring myself to do it.

:D

Berry Sweet

Some people take their cats out for walks on a leash.

Pantalon de Singe

Unread post by Pantalon de Singe »

Edward wrote: 02 May 2024, 16:16 LOL. Cats. I wouldn't mind a cat, but I would have to be pretty sneaky unless you can call cats a service animal. Animals are not allowed in our building, but a few people have been getting service dogs recently. Claiming it is for mental health I guess. All of the dogs are small. If I open up the door to go out and the cat follows me, nosy neighbors might see it. The people on my floor are pretty nice though. I like everyone on my floor.

˙ǝlʎʇs ɯnɹoɟ ʇlnɐɟǝp ǝɥʇ ƃuᴉsn pǝʍǝᴉʌ uǝɥʍ (ʞooqʇǝN ,,ᄅƖ) ʎɐldsᴉp xd 89ㄥ × ㄣᄅ0Ɩ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɐ uo (ɯɔ Ɛ~) ʇɥƃᴉǝɥ uᴉ ,,lɐɯɹoN,, ǝzᴉs ʇxǝʇ ɟo sǝuᴉl ϛ uɐɥʇ ǝɹoɯ ou ǝq plnoɥs sǝɹnʇɐuƃᴉS
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

That might work.
:rolleyes:

Winning.
Scooter

Unread post by Scooter »

Berry Sweet wrote: 02 May 2024, 20:22
Edward wrote: 02 May 2024, 16:16 Animals are not allowed in out building, but a few people have been getting service dogs recently. Claiming it is for mental health I guess. All of the dogs are small.
This is BS and it needs to stop. People fake mental health issues just to get a dog. Small dogs are not service dogs. I've seen far too many idiots with little yappy dogs in public spaces where dogs can't be...and they do nothing about the behaviour.
A girl who works as a personal shopper for grocery pick up orders has an emotional support chicken. Obviously, she can't bring it to work with her but she'll come in to pick up her check or do some shopping and she pushes it around in a baby carriage.

roll me up and smoke me when I die
Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Lochdubh

Unread post by Lochdubh »

Lochdubh wrote: 03 May 2024, 12:56
Berry Sweet wrote: 02 May 2024, 20:22 This is BS and it needs to stop. People fake mental health issues just to get a dog. Small dogs are not service dogs. I've seen far too many idiots with little yappy dogs in public spaces where dogs can't be...and they do nothing about the behaviour.

A stupid dog like that causes more anxiety, and if that person has "mental health issues" they shouldn't have that dog...yapping and acting like an out of control fur ball isn't doing anything to support anyone.

A REAL service dog should be either a Lab or Golden Retriever. The dog should be trained to help support the person who needs their specific service as the dog understands why and what to do. Dog and person in need to be matched. It's not a simple process. Service dogs are extremely well behaved in public because they know they are working. People who actually have disabilities and true mental health disorders would benefit from them.

My doc told me I should look into getting a service dog myself. My body will never be the same since I fell and I could use one for specific legit reasons. If I do sign up for one, I would a get a Lab or Retriver...big enough to actually help me inside the home and when I go out.

asal

Unread post by asal »

:D the lasagna scene's funny :thumbup:

Get in on it.
Edward

Unread post by Edward »

That was pretty good.

Winning.